Movies You Have Seen Lately

Darque

I watched a little bit of The Truman Show last night. I saw it once when I was like, ten or something, and I wish I could have stayed up to watch the whole thing this time, but I wasn't feeling very good, and it was like 12.

I watched it too for about the 8th time. It's a great movie, but I still don't quite understand a couple of parts in it, but still, it's great.

Was he on TV or what? Is Ed Harris Truman's mom? Isn't that lady basically a prostitute?

I watched Back to the Future II while wearing my futuristic solar-shades

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Was he on TV or what? Is Ed Harris Truman's mom? Isn't that lady basically a prostitute?

Have I told you lately that you rule?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Have I told you lately that you rule?

Yeah, more or less, and I will go to the harvest ball dance with you, thanks for asking. Pick me up at 8:00

solarshades:

http://www.bttf.net/Solar_Shades_from_Back...arshades-yb.htm

Edited by Laozi

People laugh when I say that I think a jellyfish is one of the most beautiful things in the world. What they don't understand is, I mean a jellyfish with long, blond hair.

Rented Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick, now just waiting for my days off to watch them. I've heard Pitch Black is very good, so I'm looking forward to it. Dunno about Chronicles, but my understanding is that Vin plays the same character in both movies... is this true? is chronicles a sequel, or a prequel to Pitch Black, or not related at all?

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Rented Pitch Black and Chronicles of Riddick, now just waiting for my days off to watch them. I've heard Pitch Black is very good, so I'm looking forward to it. Dunno about Chronicles, but my understanding is that Vin plays the same character in both movies... is this true? is chronicles a sequel, or a prequel to Pitch Black, or not related at all?

Vin does play the same character in both movies. Chronicles of Riddick is a sequel to Pitch Black. If you can find it there was also a shorter (30 minute) animated movie called Dark Fury that was set between the two movies.

Vin does play the same character in both movies. Chronicles of Riddick is a sequel to Pitch Black. If you can find it there was also a shorter (30 minute) animated movie called Dark Fury that was set between the two movies.

Cheers! :rolleyes:

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

I wouldn't call Chronicles a sequal. Pitch Black was a creature flick. Chronicles is meant to be a movie in the same universe focusing on the Riddick character.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

No problem! You've gotten me in the mood to rewatch all three (Hurray for three disc special edition!) but I think I'll have to wait until the sun comes up and some people in this house wake up. For some reason they don't like having a booming subwoofer in the basement at 3am when they are trying to sleep. :aiee:"

I wouldn't call Chronicles a sequal.  Pitch Black was a creature flick.  Chronicles is meant to be a movie in the same universe focusing on the Riddick character.

Chronicles is to Pitch Black what Aliens is to Alien. :-

Edited by Deraldin

No problem! You've gotten me in the mood to rewatch all three (Hurray for three disc special edition!) but I think I'll have to wait until the sun comes up and some people in this house wake up. For some reason they don't like having a booming subwoofer in the basement at 3am when they are trying to sleep. :aiee:"

I wouldn't call Chronicles a sequal.  Pitch Black was a creature flick.  Chronicles is meant to be a movie in the same universe focusing on the Riddick character.

Chronicles is to Pitch Black what Aliens is to Alien. :-

Except Alien and Aliens both focused on Ripley and the Aliens.

Pitch Black focuses on the creatures and Riddick.

Chronicles focuses pretty much only on Riddick. With some focus on the Necromongers.

Cheers! :)

No problem! You've gotten me in the mood to rewatch all three (Hurray for three disc special edition!) but I think I'll have to wait until the sun comes up and some people in this house wake up. For some reason they don't like having a booming subwoofer in the basement at 3am when they are trying to sleep. :-"

Chronicles is to Pitch Black what Aliens is to Alien. :mellow:

Except Alien and Aliens both focused on Ripley and the Aliens.

Pitch Black focuses on the creatures and Riddick.

Chronicles focuses pretty much only on Riddick. With some focus on the Necromongers.

Pitch Black is to Chronicles what Martin Scorsese is to Uwe Boll... <_<

Saw Zathura last night. :thumbsup:

Saw Curse of the Golden Flower yesterday. Really beautiful looking film. Not quite as actiony as I'd hoped, but it held up on the dramatic side, so it all worked out in the end.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Pitch Black is to Chronicles what Martin Scorsese is to Uwe Boll...  <_< 

Ow, that hurts man, that really hurts. Chronicles may not be as good as Pitch Black, but it really doesn't deserve to be compared with an Uwe Boll film. That's just low... <_<

But I didn't compare it to a Uwe Boll film. :(

Comedy Central has been playing Napoleon Dynamite pretty much all weekend, so I'm guessing over the last few days I've seen most of it.

I saw it a while back when it first came out on DVD, and although I'm not about to buy a "Vote for Pedro" t-shirt, I do believe it's better the second time, and maybe the third.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

Pitch Black is to Chronicles what Martin Scorsese is to Uwe Boll...  <_< 

Ow, that hurts man, that really hurts. Chronicles may not be as good as Pitch Black, but it really doesn't deserve to be compared with an Uwe Boll film. That's just low... <_<

For what the film was, I thought Chronicles was better than Pitch Black.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Oh yes, right, sure, of course. Conan endings rock!

I honestly liked it too at first but the second viewing proved suckage ruled.

Except for the setting. I love super far futures.

Oh and in both films, Keith David was almost criminally underused.

Keith David :(

Oh yes, right, sure, of course. Conan endings rock!

I honestly liked it too at first but the second viewing proved suckage ruled.

Except for the setting. I love super far futures.

Oh and in both films, Keith David was almost criminally underused.

Keith David :(

When I re-watched Pitch Black after Chronicles I had to turn it off; even the excellent plot couldn't help me overcome the B-grade status of the film (not that that is a particularly bad thing) and the total non-sequiturs of the two side-by-side: there is no way that the universe of PB is in any way shape or form recognisably remotely similar to the Chroniclies one (one PB character, with an unmistakable Australian accent, mentions that he has collected tribal artifacts from New Guinea).

Not that I can watch it very often, but CoR is pure Space Opera.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

When I re-watched Pitch Black after Chronicles I had to turn it off; even the excellent plot couldn't help me overcome the B-grade status of the film (not that that is a particularly bad thing) and the total non-sequiturs of the two side-by-side: there is no way that the universe of PB is in any way shape or form recognisably remotely similar to the Chroniclies one (one PB character, with an unmistakable Australian accent, mentions that he has collected tribal artifacts from New Guinea).

Not that I can watch it very often, but CoR is pure Space Opera.

Hmm. Good point. :(

Maybe thats why I don't like CoR. The continuation of the two doesn't make sense.

Then again, CoR was never a sequel of PB, just a random adventure of Riddick, as advertised by the cast and filmmakers.

Then again, the girl is older but not that much.

CoR makes no sense in the Pitch Black/Riddick franchise but as an independant film I agree it was a good scifi romp.

Edited by astr0creep

When I first watched CoR, I felt I could have loved it if they didn't try to sell me the villain moving fast and trying to fight agile while wearing overly restrictive armor that won't even let him move his arm up 45 degrees.