CPU Speed of 3.00 GHz Performance rated at 5.40 GHz

1.2 GB RAM

Windows XP

Radeon x1600

35.3GB free disk space

This computer CRUSHES NWN2!!!

HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

It better be! Cost $600 in upgradesand another $200 (or so) when I get the item (for some reason i forget what it is, lol, my bro told me) that will help deal with the dual processors switching.

Cool beans! :cool:

Dunno. It just says I have 1.2 GB of System Ram. *shrug*

THE TEST:

"CPU

Minimum: Pentium 4/Athlon XP or better

You Have: 2 processors running - Intel® Pentium® D CPU 3.00GHz PASS

CPU Speed

Minimum: 2 GHz

You Have: 3.00 GHz Performance Rated at 5.40 GHz PASS

System RAM

Minimum: 512 MB

You Have: 1.2 GB PASS

Operating System

Minimum: Windows XP

You Have: Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 (Build 2600) PASS

Video Card

Minimum: 128MB Direct3D compatible video card with DirectX 9.0c compatible driver (NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500+ / ATI Radeon 9500+)

You Have: Radeon X1600 Series (Radeon X1600 Series (0x71C2)) PASS

Video Card Features - Minimum attributes of your Video Card Video RAM: Required - 128 MB , You have - 512.0 MB

Video Card 3D Acceleration: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Video HW Transform & Lighting: Required - Yes , You have - Yes

Vertex Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Pixel Shader Ver.: Required - 2.0 , You have - 3.0

Video Card Driver Version (DirectX)

Your driver version number is: 6.14.10.6635 FYI: Make sure you have the latest driver for your video card. Click 'Free Driver Update' and we'll direct you to your video card manufacturer.

DirectX Version

Minimum: DirectX 9.0c (included)

You Have: 9.0c PASS

Sound Card

Minimum: Yes

You Have: SoundMAX Integrated Digital Audio PASS

Sound Card Driver Version

Your driver version number is: 5.12.1.5150 FYI: Your sound card driver version is provided for your information, but it is not part of this analysis. But proper sound card driver versions are important to the proper operation of your product.

Free Disk Space

Minimum: 4.6 GB

You Have: 32.9 GB PASS

CD

Minimum: Yes

You Have: HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4520B PASS, but the Speed could NOT be analyzed."

Edited by Volourn

I think I could bring your domination to an end.. but I won't.

You should have let us board tech geeks give a little input on your GPU. That X1600 is nice, but the X1650 is nicer, especially since it comes with GDDR3. It's also slightly cheaper (in Sweden at least)!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

You don't have to have symmetric memory modules in the memory channels, but you get the best speed if both channels are paired with similar modules. I use two 1 GB sticks myself, in separate channels, for best performance.

Judging from Volourn's setup, I'd assume he had 256 MB RAM before and someone smacked a 1 GB RAM into an empty socket. 1280 MB!

Great.

Should be quite a step up from my radeon 9600 anyway. Those 'enthusiast' cards come with a bonus electric bill. I don't need that.

Seriously you can't just leave a box that needs 500 + watt PS on and forget about it without being punished.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I love aquiring new toys. Fun. :huh:

@Gorgon - you should see our electric bill.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

My PSU is 600W.. but I have free electricity because I live in a student's apartment. Sometimes I leave the damn thing on running for a week because I am too lazy to boot it up in the mornings :huh:

I don't pay electricity. Heh. It's all inclusive. And, yeah, this is correct, IIRC:

" I think he used to have a 256x2 dual channel setup from back when ram was expensive as hell and someone took out one 256 stick and exchanged it with a 1g because the board didn't allow 256/256/1G. "

I'd have to ask to make sure though. :o

As for the x1600 vs. x1650; what's the differences and hy is the x1650 so much better in your opinion. How much more expensive is it? When I went for an upgrade, I basiclaly just asked for whatever just as long as it passed reccommened specs and the price tag was around $600 total for the upgrades. I really don't know the differences between all the cards myself. :ph34r:

Edited by Volourn

Dont forget that a 600w PSU will not go full blast on your bill unless you're using your computer to full blast, they're are not lightbulbs you know?

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

As for the x1600 vs. x1650; what's the differences and hy is the x1650 so much better in your opinion. How much more expensive is it? When I went for an upgrade, I basiclaly just asked for whatever just as long as it passed reccommened specs and the price tag was around $600 total for the upgrades. I really don't know the differences between all the cards myself. :ph34r:

The difference isn't really that big. The X1600 is a good enough card.

The main difference is that the card you got has 512 MB DDR2 RAM. The X1650 utilizes 256 MB GDDR3 RAM. It sounds worse, because it's 256 MB vs. 512 MB, but GDDR3 is a huge performance boost compared to DDR2.

The weird thing is that the X1650PRO is actually cheaper than the X1600 (usually). I think that's because the X1600 is being phased out and the X1650 is trying to make an impact.