Nihilus's Identity?

Ok...this may be farfetched but it just hit me so be patient and open minded about it before you decide to slap me lol

Ever thought Darth Nihilus could possibly be Darth Malak somehow?...i know the same lightsaber scripts and animations were used due to time constraints. So they seem similar there.

But...

* Nihilus's player model is the same height and build as Malak. (again this could be a time constraint issue)

* Nihilus can't speak anything thats recognisable, and neither could Malak unless he had those pads attatched to the remains of his face. So if Malak did transfer his essence to his armour (like Darth Krayt mentions Nihilus did in Legacy #05 Comic) then this would make sense since you can't transfer technology? so in theory Nihilus may not be able to speak due to this. And the speech he does give is just his attempts without any bottom jaw.

* In KOTOR1 Malak sucks the energy from captured Jedi onboard the Starforge similar to what Nihilus eventually does, just on a weaker scale.

* Also no one can actually say who Nihilus used to be, not even Kreia. And everyone seems to think Malak died onboard the starforge yet somewhere in KOTOR2 you find a set of his robes?

* Nihilus also picked a ship from the wreckage of Malachor V, and it wasn't your average Republic ship it was a special one (possibley a command vessel?). Perhaps if he was Malak he knew which would be the most powerful wreck to choose?

* That and he was recruited by Kreia who taught Revan, perhaps he recognised her? and he did turn on her with Sion. As Malak did turn on Revan when he got the opportunity.

* Plus Nihilus acts without thinking, or he thinks that nothing can harm him, a trait Malak had aswell.

Your views?....and bear in mind this is just my idea, i am in no way saying this is the truth or whatnot.

Edited by master_pendrak

Where does it say Nihilus was captured by the Mandalorians? I looked Here and found that it was speculation pertaining to Zayne Carrick and other characters of that comic. I also found another idiotic twist, this one being a Holocron that would not have been made, being miraculously found. Brilliant. <_<

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Speculation at the moment says that there are four known candidates for the title of Lord of Hunger. All but one are from the comics which will probably, if ever, be the place where we'll learn where Nihilus came from.

Zayne Carrick: Predicted to be a destroyer of worlds...that's it. Though according to the visions of the master, he'd be more of a Sith assassin if he does fall to the dark side. In which case a more probable candidate would be Sion.

Lucien: Has that relationship (I guess you can call it that) with a Miraluka. Connection to Visas?

Squint: Prisoner of the Mandalorians as of now though that whole idea of Nihilus being a prisoner is complete fanon.

The Exile: Maybe Nihilus wasn't necessarily a person but a spirit sort of the part of the Exile that she rejected. Only problem is if (not really concerned with canon) the Exile is female, wouldn't make much sense also when Visas looks at Nihilus, she'd be all "Whaaa?!" instead of saying "Just a man".

The Exile: Maybe Nihilus wasn't necessarily a person but a spirit sort of the part of the Exile that she rejected. Only problem is if (not really concerned with canon) the Exile is female, wouldn't make much sense also when Visas looks at Nihilus, she'd be all "Whaaa?!" instead of saying "Just a man".

Exile: "What did you see?"

Visas: :ermm: "...I'm really not sure anymore... and I don't think I want to know."

I really doubt the Malak theory, no offense to master_pendrak. Even excluding the fact that Malak was killed and then blown to bitty chunks at the end of KotOR I, Nihilus always seems more like a force than a person. Malak was a power-hungry Sith. Nihilus is just plain hungry.

Exile: "What did you see?"

Visas:  :ermm: "...I'm really not sure anymore... and I don't think I want to know."

Malak was a power-hungry Sith. Nihilus is just plain hungry.

Thanks for the laugh! I really needed that. Especially that last one. :)

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

Ravager was used by Sith lord to escape being prisoner from Malachor planet.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Well Nihilus is the way he is because he "transferred his essence to his armour" as stated in Legacy#05 Comic by Darth Krayt. So i can't see him being a force created opposite of the Exile...

I can't imagine Zayne being Nihilus, possibly Sion? or just the protaginist of some random planet's destruction later in the comic series?

Lucien is a good argument he seems to have some connection with that Miraluka. Perhaps Visas reminds him of her years after her death if Lucien does turn into Nihilus.

Squint could also be a possibility but is there any real similarity between him and Nihilus?....atleast with Malak, Lucien and Zayne theres a connection between all 3 and Nihilus.

And again i ask, where is it stated that Nihilus is a mandalorian prisoner?...thought the only reason he took the Ravager was to have a ship. But he obviously didnt pick any random ship since the Ravager is larger than the Leviathon and standard Republic vessels.

They're not the same.

Malak and Revan were busy conquering the universe after Malachor V, where Nihilus was "born." As powerful as he was, he couldn't be in two places at one time.

Besides, I'm guessing that the goofy mask that Nihilus wore wouldn't fit over Malak's jaw.

Nihilus was a prisoner of the mandalorians?....new info to me! :p

oh well...theres my theory shattered in 1 post lol (w00t)

Why else would Canderous want to kill him so badly?

I can consider it. Especially since Jedi masters were killed.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

:devil::lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Nihilus was just build over Malak's model

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

i thought that Nihlus and Sion and Traya were created by studing the Exile and the wound he created when he cut himself from the force.

Each learned a diffrent aspect of the Exile and the wound he created.

Nihilus could not drain the Exile because when the Exile ended his connection the force could no longer run through him.

Essesialy He could use the force but the force could not use him.[/size][/size]

Edited by ghosta

Your not all ways being honest when your telling the truth.

Everything slows down when water's around.

but but.....Traya is Kreia and Kreia is Revan's first Master.

If that is true, then the wound in the force must have effected the timestream.

weird

Sion and Nihilus's past are virtually unknown other than they were students of Kreia.

To Many, Nihilus is believed to be an Mandalorian Prisoner on Malachor 5.

Concept of Malak could have been modified idea of vampire monk from NWN's HotU. Both can somehow be associated with ability to drain life away from others or sucking away force. And somehow, it seems also true for Nihilus, excessively. Almost like being pulled into black hole.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

I really, really doubt that :lol:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

Maybe belief that Nihilus is prisoner is due to not knowing background and originating homeworld of sith lord. Or perhaps something happened after Nihilus left Malachor. May have visited some other planets not in game story, and perhaps home planet, if he did have any at all.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Nihilus's wound was created by Malachore, something to do with using the planet to promise Jedi power and convert them. I think he was either on a Republic ship or on the surface when the Mass Shadow Generator was activated. He could have been on a Mandalorian ship as a prisoner, but it doesn't really matter unless it ties into some other part of canon, like Zayne Carrik (sp?)

Since Nihilus was either on or near Malachor, the same damage that was done to the Exile also happened to Nihilus. You could also surmise that Nihilus was one of the Jedi that The Exile formed one of those bonds with, therefor the pain of the deaths affected him the same way, however instead of severing himself from the force Nihilus tried to use the force to protect himself, or maybe the taste of so much sweet power was too tempting, thus he doomed himself to forever be hungry.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.