Scarlett Johansson is recording an album...

Darth Drabek

Scarlett Johansson Sings Tom Waits

2006-10-17 10:39:20.727,

Story by: Alex Billig

According to the celebrity stalking experts at FOX News, silver-screen starlet Scarlett Johansson has just signed a recording deal with Atco Records, a recently resurrected branch of Rhino. Though the soon-to-be 22-year-old is allegedly a fine singer, she must not be much of a songwriter, as her debut release will reportedly consist entirely of Tom Waits covers. Scarlett Sings Tom Waits is slated for a 2007 release, but Johansson hits the studio this winter. It's unclear which tunes the Lost In Translation star will be attempting. If she strays too far from lounge-era Waits, you'll probably want to "Hang Down Your Head."

Interesting... very interesting.

There are a handful of stories on the Net about this, I picked this one because of the awesome ending joke.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

I assume it will just be lounge-era Waits, and probably not good at all, and I might end up getting it, just for a listen.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I think the early, lounge stuff would be the easiest fit for a "whispery" female voice (as Johansson's has been described). But I'd love to hear versions of some of the more recent Waits material.

But I've always imagined a Fiona Apple cover of "Clap Hands" would be a good idea, so I'm excited to see how this project turns out.

Now "16 Shells from a Thirty Aught Six".... that's another story.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

That's unexpected! ;)

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I dunno about you guys, but if "the whispery voice" sounds even borderline good, these news could be labeled with the adjective phrase known as "hot damn".

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Uh-huh.

And by "uh-huh", I mean "hell yeah".

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds