MySpace Predator Caught By Code

metadigital

An anonymous reader writes,

"Wired News editor and former hacker Kevin Poulsen wrote a 1,000-line Perl script that checked MySpace for registered sex offenders. Sifting through the results, he manually confirmed over 700 offenders, including a serial child molester in New York actively trying to hook up with underage boys on the site, and who has now been arrested as a result. MySpace told Congress last June that it didn't have this capability." Wired News says they will publish Poulsen's code under an open-source license later this week.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Wow, that's actually quite cool, but also a bit unnerving. I've been pondering getting a MySpace for some time, but stuff like this makes you paranoid.

...and NO, I don't molest young boys.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

Wow, that's actually quite cool, but also a bit unnerving. I've been pondering getting a MySpace for some time, but stuff like this makes you paranoid.

...and NO, I don't molest young boys.

Not anymore, you don't.

"Your total disregard for the law and human decency both disgusts me and touches my heart. Bless you, sir."

"Soilent Green is people. This guy's just a homeless heroin junkie who got in a internet caf