HUZZAH! Neverwinter Nights 2 gone Gold!

Judge Hades

Actually, she talks about Khalid all the time.

It's hard to see how more substantiated it can get without degenerating into Aerie-like annoyances. I mean, WINGS. OKAY. MOVE ON. NO WINGS.

I dunno, mental trauma from physical abuse is not a fleeting thing ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Yeah, but this is a game.

Aerie was equivalent to having a party member without a leg, so that instead of providing a game mechanism (e.g. wooden leg) so it becomes a nice characterisation, the character walks twenty times slower than everyone else, and regularly falls over and loses hit points.

Or spending three hours helping rehabilitate an injured comrade back to health.

Aerie was waaaaaaaaaayyy too whiny. I'd be interested to see if anybody actually *liked* her. I mean, roleplaying wise I coudl sympathise, and I would have provided help given the option, but take her along and listen to all that? In a game? Hell no.

My friend's character romanced her and went through with the romance to ToB's ending. I couldn't understand why. I remember my first playthough where I had all the romanceable NPCs in my party(I didn't know you could romance them back then) and all Aerie did was fight everyone. I took the habit of leaving her to the tent after that.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Gamestar's NWN2 ratings:

Graphics: 8/10

Sound: 9/10

Balance: 6/10

Ambiance: 10/10

Useability: 6/10

Amount of stuff to do: 10/10

Quests/Story: 10/10

Fights: 7/10

Charsystem: 9/10

Items: 10/10

10 points for Quests/Story...YAY!!

Edited by karka
centinexx.png

Yeah, but this is a game.

Aerie was equivalent to having a party member without a leg, so that instead of providing a game mechanism (e.g. wooden leg) so it becomes a nice characterisation, the character walks twenty times slower than everyone else, and regularly falls over and loses hit points.

Or spending three hours helping rehabilitate an injured comrade back to health.

Aerie was waaaaaaaaaayyy too whiny. I'd be interested to see if anybody actually *liked* her. I mean, roleplaying wise I coudl sympathise, and I would have provided help given the option, but take her along and listen to all that? In a game? Hell no.

Hell yes, I liked her, and MANY other people too.

Actually, she talks about Khalid all the time.

It's hard to see how more substantiated it can get without degenerating into Aerie-like annoyances. I mean, WINGS. OKAY. MOVE ON. NO WINGS.

I dunno, mental trauma from physical abuse is not a fleeting thing ...

Exactly, it was very well written.

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

And even Korgan was a better character, which is saying a lot.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Conversely, there are people who LOVE Dungeon Siege.

and really really really care about Aribeth.

Moving on from unreconciliable differences of opinion..

Jaheira was my romance of choice. I loved the bit when she talked of exploring other lands with you once it was all over. Next play through I'll probably try Viconia.

Jaheira's romance didn't much do it for me. You basically become ****-buddy adventurers. Whereas you actually get a couple of surprises with Aerie

(babies, etc.)

, and the entire dynamic with Viconia changes

when you change her alignment

. Viconia makes it more of a fight than a courtship. It's the one I like the best, especially the epilogue.

Edited by Pop

The bit I didn't like about Jaheira's romance was how she was like "OH NOES MY HUSBAND IS DEAD, MAKE LOVE TO ME!" Doesn't she need to grieve or anything?

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg