HUZZAH! Neverwinter Nights 2 gone Gold!

Judge Hades

It was worse as you leveled.

One game I tested the barrels to see if they're leveled... they are :blink:

So you can get some really nice items around the end of chapter 1.... which made it worse..  <_<

Yes, poor everywhere... desparation and killing, disease and rot... Oh look, someone threw away a magical great sword! And a potion of Heal. :)

Everyone in Neverwinter it would seem :rolleyes:

Everyone is filthy rich in Neverwinter? :huh:

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I don't pay them anyway.

Yet I still get Good points for.. not killing criminals.

I don't know why giving criminals mercy and therefore a chance to repeat the crimes will be Good on every single occasion, regardless of the man, or the situation, or whatever.

Because killing people is wrong. :)

though slaughtering hordes of goblins, wolves, trolls and other beasties makes you a saint..... for some reason. :huh:

Chaotic evil creatures have abandoned reason through their rampant murdering habits and thus, have abandoned any claim to moral personhood.

Kant pwnz D&D :rolleyes:

Wolves aren't exactly known to be evil...just wolves.

And goblins and trolls are borderline predatory, killing them by zounds if you have another option seems like a pretty unmoral decision. And definetly not something to make you good.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Wolves aren't exactly known to be evil...just wolves.

And goblins and trolls are borderline predatory, killing them by zounds if you have another option seems like a pretty unmoral decision. And definetly not something to make you good.

Wolves lack the faculty of reason and the faculty of recollection. Hence they are non-people, hence killing them is an amoral action, not good or bad. Killing a wolf would only be bad in that way which it affected those who possess all the traits of a moral agent. Goblins and trolls (and Cyricists, for that matter :huh:), while reasonably intelligent, refuse to recognize that one cannot wantonly murder any other reasonable creature, hence they have forfeited their moral personhood, hence they are no better than animals, hence go forth and slaughter them at your whim. That's how D&D works :rolleyes: We can't very well have a utilitarian D&D game. Nothing would happen.

That's just how the "morality" of D&D video games work. You can kill that which kills arbitrarily, with no consequences on your part. I'd be very surprised if a game penalized you for killing that which is evil.

Edited by Pop

hence they are no better than animals, hence go forth and slaughter them at your whim. That's how D&D works

Yeah, ok. I forgot it's simply idiotic to compare Faer

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Wolves lack the faculty of reason and the faculty of recollection. Hence they are non-people, hence killing them is an amoral action, not good or bad.

Druids would disagree.

Then they'd kill you for despoiling nature.

And Druids tend to be neutral. ;)

Wolves lack the faculty of reason and the faculty of recollection. Hence they are non-people, hence killing them is an amoral action, not good or bad.

Druids would disagree.

Then they'd kill you for despoiling nature.

That's why they're such a pain in the ass to have in one's adventuring party. It's always "you can't cut down that tree" this and "we must keep a balanced fungal ecosystem" that. They hold to the ethics of objective balance, which is not much of an ethic at all.

I don't pay them anyway.

Yet I still get Good points for.. not killing criminals.

Not giving those damn dirty bums even a single gold is worth of a few good points.

I mean, you're not enabling them to continue being bums anymore, after all. And as we all know, bumming leads to a sense of entitlement, which leads to thieving, and then, bam, ye olde bum robs the wrong person and gets himself killed. So really, you're doing the bum a favour by not giving him anything when he asks, and spitting on him on the way by for his trouble. The added adversity can only build character and will result in the bum picking himself up by the bootstraps and putting his life back together.

Kreia told me so! And Kreia logic surely holds as true in Faerun as it does in a galaxy far, far away ;)

Boo egoism! Boo hiss! Not workable! Ayn Rand bad!

It's kinda odd, because a supposed egoist like Kreia would not be able to even consider the beggar. Objectivists ("objectivism" being that name which Ayn Rand gave to her own system) are only supposed to be concerned with themselves. To say "we can't give money to beggars because they must better themselves" is not Rand. It's a big problem with her ideas. She makes it explicitly clear that an ethical egoist cannot consider others in any way. Your reasons for not helping someone in need can only concern you. So Obsidian kind of goofed on that one. Silly Obsidian.

Sure it is. ;)

O rly?

*edit - I will give Obsidian big credit for trying, though. Throwing Rand into a soft Eastern-philosophy-good! oriented universe like Star Wars is like throwing your kid in the deep end of the pool. If anything, it helped to serve the idea that the Sith are western individualists and the Jedi are eastern altruists.

Edited by Pop