Component connections don't seem to be working

Slowtrain

I have a new CD player and a new TV. Both have the component connections but when I hook up all three jacks, what I get is a mostly red picture. :lol:

Am I doing something wrong? Is my cd player broken? Do I need a HD cd or something to get a full picture.

I don't know too much about this stuff. :ph34r:

But maybe nobody else does either.

Help me obi wan kenobi; you're my only hope.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I have a new CD player and a new TV.  Both have the component connections but when I hook up all three jacks, what I get is a mostly red picture.  :o

Am I doing something wrong?  Is my cd player broken?  Do I need a HD cd or something to get a full picture.

I don't know too much about this stuff.  :ph34r:

But maybe nobody else does either.

Help me obi wan kenobi; you're my only hope.

Well, usually you don't hook CD players up to your TV, so that might be your first problem. Unless you actually mean DVD. In that case, make sure you have the right cables in the right jacks. We had the whole red picture problem over here and it turned out that one of the component cables was either loose or in the wrong jack. Can't remember which.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

oh jaysus. Yes, I meant dvd. gah.

I'm too old skool. :">

@oerwinde: thanks. I'll try moving the cables around and see what happens!

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.