Revan is now truly officially a guy...

Well, that book must rest it's fabled pages on the highest echelon of academia then.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Revan has been a male since they put up the chronicles of the Knights of the Old Republic era on the Kotor 2 web site at LucasArts, before Kotor 2 was released. This is nothing new.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Can't think of anything strange around Revan's gender, although it is a bit hard to conceive of K1 PC as being male. Thought he was easier to conceptualise as a female, though.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Can't think of anything strange around Revan's gender, although it is a bit hard to conceive of K1 PC as being male. Thought he was easier to conceptualise as a female, though.

I've played through KOTOR as both male and female Revan and, I have to say, female Revan works just fine....probably a little better than female Exile. In fact, I believe David G. originally conceptualized Revan as female.

But Revan, of course, if a generic, cookie-cutter, unisex name, much like Jaden Korr is in Jedi Academy. And we need to get away from that. Instead of having weak names and bickering over whether that person is this or that, we need to have fixed surnames....as I've said before, the games should be written with the EU continuity in mind and that is best served if the PC's mentor, not the PC himself, gets most of the credit for what happened.

"Jedi Knight Bastila Shan and her Padawan Stargazer set off to save....". Who is Padawan Stargazer? Anybody you want, (even non-human if you want).

I think that is much better than a unisex name (like Jaden) or a placeholder name (like Exile). People need names and surnames do the job just fine, while still allowing for a bit of flexibility.

Now, having said all that, I don't think Revan is a given name. Revan is the man's Darth name.....MARK MY WORDS, BOY! MARK THEM WELL! YOU CAN FRET ALL YOU LIKE BUT YOU CANNOT DENY DESTINY!!!

Guest The Architect
It says so in this book. And the author of that book wrote the storyline for KOTOR.

BOOYAH!

So? Who cares? What's your point? Revan is whoever you want him/her to be (when it comes to the games anyway). This is not going to stop people from having their 'official' Revan as either a male who chooses the DS ending, a female who chooses the DS ending or a female who chooses the LS ending now is it?

So? Who cares? What's your point? Revan is whoever you want him/her to be (when it comes to the games anyway). This is not going to stop people from having their 'official' Revan as either a male who chooses the DS ending, a female who chooses the DS ending or a female who chooses the LS ending now is it?

good point. games as good as KOTOR are actually meant for 2 different audiences: SW geeks and people who like RPGs. I am something of both.

SW geeks want to learn more about the characters in the stories...that is why a "hard-coded" Revan and Exile are inevitabilities...only people with names, genders, homeworlds, etc can have fleshed-out stories.

however, by keeping it vague in the actual games, they can avoid offending the crossover people...but that also means that resolution will only come in other EU media, such as comics.

...unless they start using the surname/coprotagonist idea...then we can get some satisfying stories (spanning multiple titles) in the actual games.

Can't argue with that. Although I have played NWN and a few other games even after initial playthrough with K1 and TSL, a part of interest is still with KotOR somehow. More of whether having suffcient time to play again if not with other games or doing other stuff (like studying or so).

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧