Can you Build a lightsaber

I was just wondering if it was possible to build a lightsaber whenever want, or if you can just build the first one. I am playing through the game for the third time, and it would be very handy to be able to create items using the workbench, then use them to build an extra saber.

If not, what planet do you find to be the best to find extra sabers?

Thanks.

No, you can't build them when you want. Even the first one you don't really build, Bao does. heh

As to where to find the most - I always thought it was fairly balanced planet wise, although Nar Shada may be one that has one or few more than the others, if you do the right quests.

The saber type-generator tends to be random, too...so unless you do the save/reload stuff you may find yourself with a lot of short sabers. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No, you can't build them when you want. Even the first one you don't really build, Bao does. heh

As to where to find the most - I always thought it was fairly balanced planet wise, although Nar Shada may be one that has one or few more than the others, if you do the right quests.

The saber type-generator tends to be random, too...so unless you do the save/reload stuff you may find yourself with a lot of short sabers. :)

Thats what I'm hoping I want to do a character based around shorties, but you have to find not build em (you can upgrade them right?)

Yes, you can upgrade them.

Since this is your 3rd time thru the game, if you're on pc and not concerned with 'cheating' to help out your character design desires, you can get the savegame editor and just edit in a bunch of base short sabers.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

In terms of inventory, you can add any item to the game into inventory, tho I can't say with certainty whether or not certain odd or unused items might cause a crash; didn't try.

You can alter influence, experience, character stats, money; you can switch around game portraits and character skins and make Atton look like Handmaiden. I haven't played with much beyond that, tho, so I can't personally give a definitive answer, nor say how stable more complicated edit processes may be - the simple ones I tried were all stable.

Since it works on saved games, just backup the save in case something you try goes loopy.

I was just wondering if it was possible to build a lightsaber whenever want, or if you can just build the first one.  I am playing through the game for the third time, and it would be very handy to be able to create items using the workbench, then use them to build an extra saber.

If not, what planet do you find to be the best to find extra sabers?

Thanks.

Any planet in TSL is generally ok, but you might say avoid Dantooine for some time if looking for sabers with Korriban being another one considering that Sion's health rejuvenating ability can be a bit annoying for your character if level is 20 and lower. Otherwise, most of other planets, even Onderon are probably challenging, but not quite as hard at all.

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

In terms of inventory, you can add any item to the game into inventory, tho I can't say with certainty whether or not certain odd or unused items might cause a crash; didn't try.

You can alter influence, experience, character stats, money; you can switch around game portraits and character skins and make Atton look like Handmaiden. I haven't played with much beyond that, tho, so I can't personally give a definitive answer, nor say how stable more complicated edit processes may be - the simple ones I tried were all stable.

Since it works on saved games, just backup the save in case something you try goes loopy.

One crash to watch out for is armor. Some characters cannot wear medium or heavy armor. If you give them this feat using KSE and try to put armor on them the game will crash. Bao dur for example cannot wear most armor because of the graphics on his arm.

As far as lightsabers go, everytime that I have played, once I have built a lightsaber they pop up all over the place. I get more lightsabers than I can ever use.

Edited by Bogj

That's good to know...I never tried actually putting anything directly on characters via the KSE. I just put them into inventory and then fiddled with the stuff when I started the game. :wub:

By the time you're done with at least 2-3 planets, yeah, you usually have plenty of lightsabers. But if one wanted to have that many a bit earlier, it can be a pinch - especially if you like to dual-wield.