KOTOR 2 on XBOX 360 - lag

• 4 weeks later...
thats why you always play RPGS on the pc yo

so true, consoles are for n00bs ^^

Jedi Master Altena Windwalker

Pub 9 Elder Jedi, Star Wars Galaxies: Nurf of the Jedi

"We are oft to blame in this--'tis too much proved. --that with devotion's visage and pious action...we do suger o'er the devil himself. " - V

"Spelling errors in my post, oh noes! I'm Japanese and English is not primery language plus I'm dyslexic.

how does a game coded and optimized for the xbox lag on its successor? wow... i understand its emulating the intel architecture on a ppc platform but the raw power of the 360 should render it able to handle kotor 2 with ease... right?  :-

It doesn't.

It emulates an Xbox, which already had some serious slowdowns at the Mandalorian camp. Emulation is considered the hardest thing to code in the gaming industry, and if the emulation isn't good enough, then we're at your situation.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

how does a game coded and optimized for the xbox lag on its successor? wow... i understand its emulating the intel architecture on a ppc platform but the raw power of the 360 should render it able to handle kotor 2 with ease... right?  :rolleyes:

u kno what....u would think, but i don't kno.....x-box should of just went ahead and put the hardware in the 360 for the use of original x-box games instead of just using emulation.... i mena nothings wrong but i don't kno, maybe they should of went that route.....

lag or not, i'm still playing it......

thats why you always play RPGS on the pc yo

so true, consoles are for n00bs ^^

pcs r for world of warckraft ppl.

LMFAO!!!

PCs PWN everything else... :))

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Actually KotoR2 lags as hell on PC too if you have hardware like it was actual at the time it was released.

As did KotoR1. I should try that one again on my new computer... Dantoine was a HELL of lag on my old one. The only fix around it was loading a different texture quality (medium if you had high before etc).

Too, while I never have a performance problem, KotoR2 has a lot of really ugly issues with forgetting textures he should have loaded (resulting into really ugly colors shown on objects), or believing that people have no light source at all (they appear perfectly black), or even worse forgetting almost everything about the scene (you suddenly walk through a big bunch of lines where a scene should be).

Quicksave and loading that save helps, but not permanently.

I've only played on PC (for both I and II)

The only place I notice any lag is dantooine (both games)

Supposedly there is a fix, but I cannot remember it ( :'( )

Although the fact that I'm running a 5 yr old dell with a 1.5 gHz

processor and only 256 megs of RDRAM may have a little to do

with it, lol.

As far as the 360 goes, well serves you right for spending (read

wasting) all that money on a console that will be out of date (and

much, much cheaper) by next year. :crazy:

Aah, I do love it when my grotty old PC can beat a brand new

top of the line console (MWAHAHAHAHA) :p

Anyway, tough break dude :lol:

Laterz...

Amiga 500>everything else

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds