Wouldn't it be awsome

I'm going to post quotes from another forum to start this discussion:

"...The story told in the Star Wars movies is not one continuous tale of light against dark, but the tale of Anakin Skywalker -later known as Darth Vader- and how he brought balance to the force. This epic story has now been completed, thus -sadly- ending the need for more full-length Star Wars films. If George Lucas had wanted there to be more movies he would have changed the central plot of the six films into something more "sequel friendly." Lucky Mr. Lucas decided to forgo the path of the endless sequel, and has left us with six magnificent works of art. Is it not ungrateful of his fans to ask for more when he has clearly stated there will be no more films?"

^Nightingale

"There are many rumors about new SW films, yet I believe that Mr. Lucas ment what he said about EIII being the last one. I believe this due that fact that there would be no point in making any more since GL intended SW to be about Vader's life and fall to the darkside, which was completed in EVI. This said there are people who say a SuperShadow, A.K.A Mr. Micky Shuddle, has the rights to EVII-IX, but this is very unlikely due to the fact GL has never mentioned SS and you are not allowed to mention him on the official SW forums. With the only man claiming to have the rights to the next movies discredited, one must face the facts and admit there is not likely to be more movies."

^Arandie

"The War on SuperShadow: How it All Began

A long, long time ago in a World Wide Web far, far away

The whole concept of SuperShadow starts out mainly in 1997, as a tripod informational site solely about the rumors of what will happen in the announced Star Wars prequel trilogy. Rumors dating back to 1993 are also stored here.

This site is where the infamous personality known as SuperShadow begins and where he starts his random comments through pages of information and comments. Notable though, is that rumors can be sent to either SuperShadow, FireForce or Eon. This explains why some information is so incredibly stupid such as Obi meaning O.B. which stands for Old Ben and many more ridiculous information and theories, such as Boba Fett, appearing as female and Liam Neeson playing the role of emperor.

How seriously can you take SuperShadow? It

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

If we lived in a magic universe where, by some strange twist of fate, these films would be awesome .. then yes!

unfortunately .. we live in this universe and these films, if made would, more than likely, suck so much donkey ass that no-one would ever want to see anything related to SW ever again! .. it's time to ride the tidal wave home - and stop wishing for rain!

Fortune favors the bald.

The problem with 7,8, and 9 is that, if they followed in chronological order, they would be about the Thrawn trilogy and that, when it gets right down to it, is a much different story than the ones so far.

I say let Thrawn, Kyle Katarn and the Vong live out their existence in the EU.

I think the best bet for more movies would be in the window of time between Episode 3 (ROTS) and Episode 4 (ANH).

That way, you could actually see the fault lines between pro-Empire and pro-Rebellion forces, now that the illusionary threat of the Trade Federation is gone. Vader going out to the Outer Rim to hunt remaining Jedi, Obi-Wan and Yoda going their seperate ways, insurrections on individual planets, Bothan spys....lots of material there, actually.

However, it appears that this very segment of time is going to be the focus of a TV show...thus making more movies unlikely. This would, however, be the best bet for more movies, especially if GL only wrote the overarching story and did not micromanage (i.e. ESB).

I am hopeful that the future of Star Wars lies in video games like KOTOR (which can be quite cinematic). We already have plenty to draw upon from the movies.

What I want to see in space adventure is more shows like Firefly and the new BSG...shows that try to immerse you into something that you can almost believe is real.

All of the movies are works of art...... except #3. <_<

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

How bout we bonk George Lucas on the head, and it makes him 'sleep' for a very long time, and during that time his assets and things are given to someone who can half decently make some good Star Wars material that can acctually entertain us fans and listens to us.

And I have yet to read anyones posts :lol:

I personally hope Georgie has retired from making SW movies; while I think the whole series is 'pretty fun' and still think the 1st is a classic, his self-indulgent style has rubbed my nerves raw by now.

If someone else someday wanted to try creating a new trilogy with an entirely different set of characters, set in a different time period, that might be interesting.

Then again, it might be...uh...crud.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Like a movie set in the Kotor time period. ;)

It doesn't necessarily have to be about Revan or the Exile, it could be about a new character.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Can't really elaborate much. Current SW saga is ok, and regarding this topic, if movies 7, 8 and 9 were created, awfulness might tend to describe it. Awesome would be more a word for something that has some originality rather than duplicity whether for movie, game or storywise.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

right....I say let's keep all the movies in "the movie era"...same with any small screen productions.

Even if you kept it within the movie era, you could still create some SW movies that had nothing to do with any of the present characters...altho, you might then have no relevant Jedi in the films. I personally would consider a time frame within 2-3 human generations of the SW-six to be within a 'movie era', tho.

Wasn't there going to be a tv series or something? Is that still in the works or has it been canned?

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A really blunt argument:

GL sees himself not as a movie maker, but, by his own admission, as a "story teller". He does not consider himself as having made a contribution to the 'art of cinema', which is fair enough.

GL is a business tycoon. He has a gift for conjuring up money from thin air. He knows where-it's-at in terms of profit, efficiency, and the most worthwhile investment.

GL the businessman-storyteller understands that a new cycle of films won't be investment-feasible.

He reasons, accordingly, that in order to be true to both of his deepest callings: Money, and Story Telling, he ought to turn to television. With all the technological facilities at his disposal, he could turn out Televised-Serial-Stories that will out-impress current popular sci-fi/mystery/whatnot shows on tv.

GL will go down in history as a banal story teller who really knew how to make a buck, taking advantage of media the way he saw fit. If at all, he'll be remembered as the creator of a not-so-coherent fluff of a fantasy world that was shiny enough in all the necessary aspects to dazzle audiences, and vacuous in all the rest----a fantasy world that deservedly had its monetary counterpart, was 'profitable', could be translated into finances-bereft-of-significance in direct proportion to its underlying meaninglessness.

SW is essentially meaningless escapist-entertainment; *please* don't make more of it. So: I'm looking forward to some lightsaber action in weekly installments, to which I'll turn to evade constantly facing the horror of everyday existence; just as I'm eagerly expecting a Kotor 3.

Edited by Raymond Luxury-Yacht

pronounced: Throatwobbler Mangrove

IMO, that whole post was great, but the last 2 lines made it genius. :D

Yes, it would be awesome to have more Star Wars movies. Because the last three didn't suck. At all. Really.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

What? :blink:"

P.S.: I think the Italian fellow should venture more often into the more interesting parts of the forum. Testa di cazzo. :o

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: