Wouldn't it be awsome

Frankly, it'd be awesome to see at least something done in the TotJ-style. You know, archaic lightsabers, hulking ships and assyriaic architecture and design. Say what you want about the comics itself(not that good, I think), but I'd like to see what the universe really looked 4000 years ago. What Bioware did with K1 was to just import the style from the movies and nothing looked old at all. I mean, Exar Kun lived in the TotJ-era and he died roughly a couple of decades before K1.

Now, I don't know about you, but a whole universe can't just suddenly forget what looks like hundreds of years of culture and merge into something akin to lame retroscifi-look in just one generation. Am I the only one that's a bit annoyed here? Especially since the K-games are supposed to be part of the TotJ-continuum or at least influenced by it.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

What? :lol:"

P.S.: I think the Italian fellow should venture more often into the more interesting parts of the forum. Testa di cazzo. :devil:

;) I just thought you didn't sound entirely convinced, because the changes to the last three lessen the quality. So there is really no need to get insulting, especially in tiny writing. And umm I'm not Italian, nor am I a demonic Chihuahua.

More interesting parts?

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

What? :)"

P.S.: I think the Italian fellow should venture more often into the more interesting parts of the forum. Testa di cazzo. ;)

:) I just thought you didn't sound entirely convinced, because the changes to the last three lessen the quality. So there is really no need to get insulting, especially in tiny writing. And umm I'm not Italian, nor am I a demonic Chihuahua.

Ummm..., I think you should venture more often into the more interesting parts of the forum because I think you seem to be a smart guy. The insult was mainly because my italian skills are that limited and I like to randomly insult people. Even if they're cool.

And, for some reason I was completely convinced you were Italian.

More interesting parts?

The not Star Wars related parts.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

A new way to edit past however long the edit function lasts. No more excuses for double posters. :D

I would rather watch Farescape or Fire Fly, than have more of the time around the Empire. The Yuuhsan (sp?) Vong would not be so bad as they resemble Scorpie in the Bio-modification department, and it would be more of a challenge for design but the Jedi would triumph so that is a negative, and if George did it the special effects would look fake. He probably wouldn't, but it wouldn't be right to not say that.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Guest The Architect
Don't you think it would be sweet if george lucas decided to make episodes 7,8, & 9? Talk about it.

No, it wouldn't be sweet if George Lucas decided to make Episodes VII, VIII and IX. Besides, he's already said that he is done with making any more Star Wars movies. Also, considering how crap the PT was (even RotS was borderline mediocre IMO) there really shouldn

• 3 weeks later...

Lucas was the creater of SW. It seems to me that when you hand over the stary telling to anyone the cool stuff gets blured. Soon it drawns in many bad ideas.

There is a story out there that tells of how Luke turned to the darkside after the last film. That to me is more an effort to keep the story going than it is to make a good story.

My point is that it is possible for someone other than Lucas to make a good story in the SW universe. I have seen, read and played some. But I think that Lucas is quite aware that he has his hands on a story that is complete with a start a middle and an end. Trying to keep this going will only harm it. Lets not forget that it is a universe full of there stories to be told.

It is my opponion that it is overredundant for the movies to keep the same chars in the starting of the movies that you find at the end just because it is after all an epic. But I do addmit that I fogive him for keeping R2 in there.

The Star Wars universe is unique in the world of SF. It is so far ahead of modern day science that it is open to creativity of just about any type (machines and creatures alike) yet it also one of the few stories that opens with "Long, long ago...".

I would love to see more movies. But please not of the story already told.

Lets just look at one last thing before I end this post. The history of the SW universe is easly desribed as more than 5000 years. Within this, there are thousands of worlds that at any given point in time that add up to over oh... I would say a few trillion people in the whole universe. Over the course of 5000 years, all these trillions add up. Why stick to the lives of only 20 people? You could have a world of a few billion ppl that gets attacked by a few billion more and have trouble knowing that anything has happend from the other side of the gallaxy, and that is not including the robots. Get the point?

So sure, lets have some new movies. But let Lucas have his victory and let the old heros step down from the spotlight.

Don't you think it would be sweet if george lucas decided to make episodes 7,8, & 9? Talk about it.

:thumbsup:

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I wouldn't mind seeing one movie about the life of palp, and his jedi teachings and finally killing his master and finding his way to naboo, other then that, there can't be any more episdoes after 6. its kinda boring till Exar kun takes over the body and soul of one of lukes younglines. Besides if the books are already out there, then whats the point it would just be like them making the LoTR movies. There are alot of books out there dealing with Knights of the old repbublic, get that old. The movies are about the empire and the New republic. I swear some people are just ehhh what ever, I do know lucus is working on an TV show, but after seeing episode 3 I'm guessing it to will be 90% CGI sigh. Come on, how hard could it of been to make episode 3 maybe 45 mins of each charecter doing something then leave the rest up to the lucus arts to paint and shape. Bah what ever.

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

I find the term 'baby solo' disturbing for some reason. :D

Is 'baby solo' from a comic or something? Never heard of it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The problem with 7,8, and 9 is that, if they followed in chronological order, they would be about the Thrawn trilogy and that, when it gets right down to it, is a much different story than the ones so far.

I say let Thrawn, Kyle Katarn and the Vong live out their existence in the EU.

I think the best bet for more movies would be in the window of time between Episode 3 (ROTS) and Episode 4 (ANH).

That way, you could actually see the fault lines between pro-Empire and pro-Rebellion forces, now that the illusionary threat of the Trade Federation is gone.  Vader going out to the Outer Rim to hunt remaining Jedi, Obi-Wan and Yoda going their seperate ways, insurrections on individual planets, Bothan spys....lots of material there, actually.

However, it appears that this very segment of time is going to be the focus of a TV show...thus making more movies unlikely.  This would, however, be the best bet for more movies, especially if GL only wrote the overarching story and did not micromanage (i.e. ESB).

this very segment of time is the time frame for the new SW comic book "Dark Times" that went on sale this month!

Star Wars should be buried. Including all merchandise crap like god awful comics and whatnot.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: