What are you doing right now?

Formulating a reasoned argument against puppy kicking, from the standpoint of Aquinas' Natural Law theory.

Well, not that I have to find reasons against it specifically, but it seems rational that Aquinas would find the practice of kicking puppies abhorrent :p This is harder than it sounds.

Edited by Pop

Dealing with insomnia

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

reading this forum and re-making an image gallery, which is taking me a lot longer than I thought it would. :angry:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Thinking of starting up Rome: TW.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Smoking a cig and setting a bad example by posting about it.

And then off to bed.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm making this post.

It's like an endless loop of quantum! I can't stop it!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sitting on a couch naked, posing for a painting. Also, posting here and playing WoW.

I'm multi-tasking.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Laughing at Gabs for not being able to add anything worthwhile or funny even to a spam topic, again.

Also, I'm trying to decide on which of these http://dir.yahoo.com/society_and_culture/issues_and_causes I'm going to write a trhee page argumentative essay for my Academic Writing course and I'm stumped. Gee, sure it is only for the day after tomorrow, but usually I can come up with something in matter of hours. Right now I'm just fiddling with Youtube and trying to form up a concise argument against or for any of those subjects.

Initially, I decided to start with the history revision topic, namely holocaust, and argue against Zuldner's wacky ideas, but the problem still is the amount of infromation, it's like trying to pick a coin from a pond and then noticing it's a ****ing ocean. I talked about the subject with some of the history students here and it would be rather simply to produce counter arguments against the revision(Nazis documenting everything, personal accounts on holocaust, Allies having their ow documents), but that would mean diving into that ocean for citation and linking my arguments with evidence. It's just...too much. I know I'm the one to blame here, i should have started this writing before Saturday, but it just dragged on, while I tried to decide on a topic.

Next, I chose urban sprawl as a topic, since it's intereting. Bad decision, since while it's deceptively easy to argue against, there's really no supporters for frog-leaping or low-density housing since everyone pretty much agrees they are a bad thing and I can't just argue against some abstract subject, can I? I need a name or a text that states arguments for and so far the only one I've found is Wikipedia. And that's serious no, I guess. I wouldn't go about citing the thing anyway. I'm gonna read more on this, but right now it's on hold.

Then there's the ever-looming euthanasia. Seems easy: present the subject, make your agument, add some Sciavo for flavour and you have a paper. But then again, everyone is gonna write about it. And it's so goddamn bland subject. Yes, yes, wasted lives and the unmorality of it all oh dear, but there's so many arguments to and for that the topic is rather trodden on. Even if I could write a compelling essay on the thing and state once again that's it bad, baaaaad or maybe good, it would just be left hanging on the air since it's such a relative subject. "Whose life is it anyway?" Yeah, I was thinking the same.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds