Bush changes justification for invasion of Iraq...

Judge Hades

Hm. If I referred to letsryde as feminine, dunno. I must have mixed something up there. :thumbsup:

Anyway, I would hope that's not the only response to come out of that post. I know some of you are capable of reading long posts. *looks at meta*

I won't even bother to respond to Volo, because Volo is awesome and I will lose.

*sigh* FINE ! :geek:

I agree with you on alot of the points that you made especialy about being able to say that the war is wrong without fear of retribution from a sensitive combat vet, that being said, ALOT of people oppose the war simply because they are force fed into that line of thinking by parents, friends, (cough) forum members (cough). all some people hear is "2,701 soldiers killed", "52 killed in baghdad blasts" or "Soldiers investigated in rape/slaying of 15 yr old girl" and think, "ya know, im going to protest the war today". I by no means consider my self above being told what is right and wrong, after all, i am in the ARMY, but i do like to look at both sides of an issue before i make an opinion. The things ive seen over here is enough to want to give up on humanity alone when i see a WHOLE NATION oppressed by religious extremist who would rather kill a fellow country man because he is thinking about converting his religion, or suicide bomb an all girls school because they dont feel that women have the right to learn, no, i believe what we as the soldiers are doing here is right because weather we came here under false pretenses and accusations or not, this country is in need of serious help, both to get itself back on its feet and to avoid an all out civil war.....

Disclaimer:

1. I in no way intended to accuse anyone on this forum board of being close-minded or ill-informed.

sub-clause 1a. Those of you who wish to hate mail, spam mail, or otherwise

pretend to get really mad, may type thier next post in all caps because it

means that i will be able to hear you better through my laptop screen and

isint annoying at all :D

Hm. If I referred to letsryde as feminine, dunno. I must have mixed something up there. :geek:

Anyway, I would hope that's not the only response to come out of that post. I know some of you are capable of reading long posts. *looks at meta*

I won't even bother to respond to Volo, because Volo is awesome and I will lose.

Read it ... not really sure what your point was, except to make some general noises about "Iraq war = bad".

:p

The problem is, letsryde23, it is not the responsibility of our government nor our soldiers to repair other nations.  We are not the police of the world.

Give Hitler Poland.

Isolationism FTW! :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Again, I am not talking about isolationism. Saddam did not invade anyone when we attacked Iraq this time around. He was completely incapable of invading anyone, so I don't see how your WW2 reference works here.

Edited by Judge Hades

probably the point in the last paragraph:

-> Bush did not act as a representative of the American people. He did not act as a representative of any nation. So where's this 'democracy'?

The problem is, letsryde23, it is not the responsibility of our government nor our soldiers to repair other nations.  We are not the police of the world.

Therein lies an oft-debated, highly in-flamatory, politicaly driven question

But i dont think that i have the energy to debate that so.... :ph34r: ill just go over here... oooh look, 50 cents new game is out! :thumbsup:

"He was completely incapable of invading anyone"

False.

"Bush did not act as a representative of the American people. He did not act as a representative of any nation. So where's this 'democracy'?"

Sure, he did. Amerikans supported the decision to attack Iraq. the only reason why Amerikans don't as a majority now do so is because like all people they have no patience. Not to mention, the constant mishandling of Iraq doesn't help either.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Saddam was contained.

He lacked the military strength to successfully invade any of his neighbors. tell, me Volourn, which one of his neighbors could he invade that didn't have a stronger military or allies that didn't have a stronger military than he?

None come to mind.

Also, Volourn, I am very much an American and I never supported the invasion of Iraq.

Edited by Judge Hades

Does it always get this stuffy in here or did i pick a particularly tempered time to join the Obsidian community?

"LOUD NOISES!!!"

"I DONT KNOW WHAT WERE YELLING ABOUT"

* :ph34r: what? dont look at me, i just found this site on my way to pick up Justin Timberlake's new CD online :D

*  :ph34r: what? dont look at me, i just found this site on my way to pick up Justin Timberlake's new CD online  :D

:lol:

Damn my lethargic hands... did i say Justin Timberlake?!?!, i meant Metal Death... uh... Death Slayer, er... Skulls of the Abyss or something, you (cough) probably never heard of them, there a HARD Metal band from um, *ahem*Boise, ID.....

:ph34r: *whew* did i lose him? Jeez did you see the rabid look in some of these people's eyes at the mere mention of JT? .... Wait is this thing on?....

Does it always get this stuffy in here

Yes, and more.

And don't mind the Timberlake thing or whatever the reaction is to that. Hades listens to Heather Alexander.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

"Also, Volourn, I am very much an American and I never supported the invasion of Iraq."

The US is a democracy. The majority of Amerikans supported the Iraq War including the majority of those who elected to represent the country. Deal with it.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

The US is a democracy. The majority of Amerikans supported the Iraq War including the majority of those who elected to represent the country.

Voly's right on this one.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Some hard metal bands are worse than Justin Timberlake.

Anyway, try reading the paragraph instead of my one sentence.

The US is a democracy. The majority of Amerikans supported the Iraq War including the majority of those who elected to represent the country.

Voly's right on this one.

Yes, but that doesn't strike me as something you'd want to be right about.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

"Read my lips, no new taxes!"

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Nothing he could do now, either.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

"Also, Volourn, I am very much an American and I never supported the invasion of Iraq."

The US is a democracy. The majority of Amerikans supported the Iraq War including the majority of those who elected to represent the country. Deal with it.

I am. I'm complaining and for the next 12 to 16 years worth of elections I am not voting Republican.

I am.  I'm complaining and for the next 12 to 16 years worth of elections I am not voting Republican.

there's a good idea. vote democrat (or republican for that matter) simply because you're "mad at the other side." why not vote for the best guy, regardless of affiliation?

i must say it is disappointing that the "best guy" was actually the lesser of two evils in both of the last two elections. in the end, it doesn't matter what party a candidate represents. people that strive to lead the country (at just about any elected level), are the types normal folks normally would not care to associate with. it takes a certain personality to do these things, one i'm not particularly comfortable with.

taks

Edited by taks

comrade taks... just because.