Bush changes justification for invasion of Iraq...

Judge Hades

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061014/ap_on_go_pr_wh/bush_iraq

Man, why can't he just be a man and admit that he f**ked up.

Of course only he can determine what is good and what is evil. Oh yes, for only he knows. The more I read on Republicans the more I am convinced that they would love tto make the US a dark age theocracy. We got Republicans who want to eliminate the separation of Church and State. We got Republicans against scientific advancement in medical science. We got Republicans who have no problems outright lying on television ads.

Hell, it has gotten so bad here in Iowa there has been a Republican publicly stating that he is ashamed of his party and removed himself from them and now running as an independent.

And yes, I am ranting.

Edited by Judge Hades

Just get rid of the whole administration. In any case, I will not be voting Republican no matter what and I plan on voting all Democrat for at least the next three presidential terms regardless what the Democrats have just to do my part in making sure that the Republicans have such a small voice in government that they no longer matter. At least that is my hope.

Edited by Judge Hades

To repeat myself:

America's interest in Iraq, or should I say the interest of the Bush administration in Iraq is as following: Bush&Co from the beggining showed signes and actions that they want to act in Iraq, always making questions nad demands about Iraq to their intelligence and military advisers, pushing then so hard that in the end they only told them what they wanted to hear: Iraq might still have WMDs...military campain shouldn't prove to be hard...mights and maybies were more then enough for the Bush administration, and all those warnings about possible terrorist actions didn't concern them, Iraq did.

9/11 happend, then Afghanistan - and after the Taliban were defeated, the operation Tora Bora came along which really makes me wonder does the Bush administration even wants to capture Osama??? Such mistakes were done there that even I don't think the Bush administration is that stupid, on the contrary in my opinion the Bush administration is very clever indeed. Catching Osama and eradicating the Al Qaida were a failure and a diversion was neccessary - which was a perfect time for operation Iraqi freedom...which was never about freedom of any kind...

All the failure in Iraq, the post-war time, security and reconstruction, done by the US isn't directly a result of bad management and planing, it is merely a result of the fact that that was never, in any way, a priority of the Bush administration.

Their priorities are achived: the geo-strategic interest - a permanent US force in Iraq, minor or major, an ideal military base of operations from which they can launch actions in the future that covers pretty much the most important part of the ME. Then western allies would be much safer with Saddam out, especially Saudi Arabia and Israel.

Taking eyes off Afghanistan in order to mask their obvious failures to capture Osama bin Laden.

The US has a defence spending of close to $500 billion and with this much value the US military industrial complex has become one of the lifelines of the US economy. And you don't have to study economics to come to a conclusion that with that much spending on production, research and development, you just have to, from time to time, have wars and conflicts to keep that part of the economy going, a basic law of supply and demand. And more money you spend on it, more often do you have to wage war as the US has been doing since the 1950's.

And the main reason, because of the ppl that funded Bush's campain, it isn't excatly known who funded it, but you don't have to be a genious to put two and two together when you look who are the 'best friends' of the Bush family, the elite of oil and defence tycoons, but as Bush likes to call them: his 'base'. They donated hundreds of millions of dollars for Bush to win, and those ppl are smart, they didin't give that money away just like that, they knew what profit and opportunities lay there...that's how vicepresident Chaney got his seat, and he and Rumsfeld are those that have the most influence with Bush. And indirectly they are actually calling the shots....and just take a look back at all the key figures in the first Bush administration.

Even if one would plan to put those ppl that best fit for the scenario of Iraq invasion, you almost couldn't put better ppl then Bush&Co did....from the moment Bush came into office, some ppl inside the 'circle' already knew what will go down. 9/11 only postponed things and in fact gave Bush even more public support for his action because some Taliban and some parts of Al-Qaida weren't enough to feed the subconcious need of revenge of many americans.

If Osama was caught of killed then maybe it would sufice, that's excatly why Bush 'let' Osama escape at Tora Bora, the mistakes done there were intentional, the Bush administration had other plans on their mind. And if Osama was out of the picture at the time being they feared the 'war on terror' would be over, and the Bush administration doesn't want that to happen, no sir, this 'war on teror' came just good to them, to shove all other agendas and actions under that carpet. How Bush exploited 9/11 just proves the fact that the Bush&Co is one of the smartest administrations in recent history, the only catch is that they are only smart when it comes to their own self-interest, the welfare of the country and the american ppl is a secondary priority to them

So the need for a scapegoat after 9/11 came absolutley perfectly for the Bush administration, they knew how to exploit this so they came up with a lie that Saddam has links to Al Qaida , just briliant, a masterpiece of deception. Combined with lies that Saddam is an imminent threat, that he has WMDs ready to use and give to Al Qaida, the Bush administration didn't excatly know does Saddam still have them, but they didn't care one way or another...they only cared it was a good case to push for war. And after the war, after much time has passed all of their claims turned out to e false, but they knew with time that would become irrelevent, and they would just start talking other lies...like all of this was done fot the welfare of Iraq and their ppl, for justice, democracy, bla bla bla...LOL...these deceptions and lies were so well executed that even Goebbels would be proud...

In the post war Iraq all the military and oil contracts were mostly given to those that funded Bush and put him in power. Companies and corporations, which some of them weren't best suited for the job, earned billions upon billions on the sufferings of the Iraqi ppl, even on the suffering of their own soldiers, own ppl...but hey they just couldn't care less...they're doing what they see is neede to be done.

OK, let's start with Bush&Co..and see who excatly are Bush's best friends:

CACI INTERNATIONAL INC - a private military corporation and an exclusive supplier of IT equipment to the US military in Iraq. With contracts with the military and intelligence agencies they insure the security of ppl and property in the 'unsafe' parts of Iraq. And according to some sources, half of CIA's budget in the year 2005 went into their hands because they got to do the job the CIA was suppose to.

Then you have TITAN - a company which supplies equipment for the intelligence agencies, and was recently bougth by L-3 communications, which led to making of a largest intelligence conglomeration in the world...and they, together with CACI Int. were directly involved in the tortures in the Abu Ghraib prison, it's easy then to realize why those things happend when you don't give the right job to the right ppl, but their making money, who the heck gives a damn about anything else.. Members of those companies who were there were never prosicuted just because as civilians they don't come under military judicial system...how 'convinient'. But actually one organization did care, the center for consitutional rights, I think it's called like that, Susan Burke, their lawyer, sued them, as a result CACI personal are not a part of interogation groups in Iraq and Titan got away with no consiquences.

BECHTEL - one of the biggest scum there is...they got a deal to rebuild Iraqi infrastructure worth $2.4 billion, there was no competion for the deal, Bechtel got it directly (read - **** Chaney). Under their leadership the costs got up to $14.6 billion. Bechtel in the end got away from Iraq and never finished the job.

Then we have AEGIS DEFENCE SERVICE - they have about 48 000 private security personal and mercenaries...private soldiers are not in the chain of command and they don't answer to the military judicial system, there are countless reports about them violating human rights, nobody just doesn't giva a rats ass about it...only one 'coorporate soldier' was charged for a crime in Iraq. Their headquarters is in London, but it's an American company. In the past this company is known for it's violation of arms embargo in Sierra Leon....

Custer Battles - in the March of this year, this company became the first company that was charged for a crime. The court ordered a fine of $10 million for 37 cases of fraud and false accounts. The court sentence was canceled because technicley the US Coalition authority in Iraq isn't a part of US judicial system. During one military shipment, 34 out of 36 trucks that Custer Battles delivered were mailfunctioning...when answering the charges, the CEO of the company, said: You asked for trucks and by contract we delivered them, it's irrelevent are they useable or not. It is what he said, I kid you not.

General Dynamics - many economic analysts say this company had the most profit from the war in Iraq. They make almost everxthing for the military, from bullets, bombs to tanks...since 9/11 their profits have tripled.

NOUR USA LTD. - the company was established soon after the beggining of the war, they managed to sign contracts in Iraq worth close to $400 million. With the name of the company was often mentioned the name of that opportunistic Ahmed Challabi, many accuse him he got $2 million under the table by Nour.

And last and most important, the oil giants - CHEVRON and EXXON MOBIL

The wealth taken from Iraq during this occupation will never be known, but most importantly, it will never be returned. After 3 years of occupation, after a series of skilled legal manuverous and manipulative political deals, the US oil giants have almost completley taken over the oil business in Iraq. The main turning point that lead to this happend in september 2004, when Iyad Allawi, chosen to be a temporary prime minister, brougth new oil law that excludes the Iraqi goverment from the future oil production and he announced the privatization of the whole oil industry. He wasn't the democratly elected prime minister, he was there just temporary until the elections...do I even have to tell you who appointed him that position and that played down? Even thou he isn't the prime minister now, he's charts and decisions have seriously violated the amount of income the Iraqi state and ppl will get from their own oil...yeah but sorry guys, yanks got to drive those big SUVs or otherwise they won't feel manly enough. /joking

In the end, the $300 billion spend and close to 3000 dead don't matter much to Bush and his buddies, almost all of that money went to them, they made profit and that's what matters to them. They are business man, and looking stricley this from that standpoint Bush and friends are on of the smartest ppl living on this planet today...they get to manipulate, lie and decieve to the entire US, the world...and they get away with it and in the process they earn billions of dollars....you certainly have my bow Mr. President. wink.gif

EDIT - sorry for the grammar, I'm tired.

your a joke hildegard. the "because of the oil" myth has widely been debunked. the $300B did not go to bush or his friends. moron.

since when have you ever voted republican anyway, hades?

taks

comrade taks... just because.

There was a few Republicans I would have voted for, but not any more. Mostly local but often I voted for Charles Grassley in the senate election but I will be voting against him from now on. And I would have voted for McCain if he ran for president but not any more.

Edited by Judge Hades

As a soldier currently engaged in the war in Iraq, FROM Iraq, i can say with certainty that most of us believe in what wer're doin over here and its proven on the smiles on Iraqi childrens faces when we open up a new school for them, or pass out soccer balls to a throng of kids who are chasing our HMMWV's down. Maybe the reason for which we invaded Iraq was clearly a mistake, but telling a soldier that being here is wrong because gas prices are getting high is a bad thing to say. I would like to think that some of my close personal friends who lost thier lives would think the same way....

SPC Jessie Schafer

A/40th En Bn U.S. Army

Ramadi, Iraq

(20 some odd days till i get home.....)

There was a few Republicans I would have voted for, but not any more.  Mostly local but often I voted for Charles Grassley in the senate election but I will be voting against him from now on.  And I would have voted for McCain if he ran for president but not any more.

Yeah, 'cause turning your back on the lot of them because some are asshats is the best course of action. Hell, the next best president of all time could be Republican...if he didn't play to the extreme side of his base, and kept it honest.

What I wouldn't give for a president to respond to a question with "I don't know the answer to that, but I'll find out and contact you with the information."

Or, better yet..."For the last time, I don't ****ing know, now quit bothering me. Next question."

Also, that was unusually aggressive for you, taks.

Edit: @letsryde23 - Be safe out there man, you'll be home soon enough. :thumbsup:

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I hope you get home safely, letsryde23, but it doesn't change my position that invading Iraq was wrong and unjustified. Our soldiers shouldn't even be in that country, period.

The majority of the Republican party views on separation of church and state, gay marriage, public education, minimum wage increases, taxes, and so forth I just cannot support any longer.

I am for raising the minimum wage to at least $7.25 an hour.

I am for complete separation of church and state for only through a secular democracy can all citizens can be treated fairly.

I am for equal rights for gays, lesbians, and transgendered people.

I am for advancement of medical science through unrestricted stem cell research.

I am for making rampant changes to the public education system that would make it a year long affair and increased funding to back it up.

These views are pretty much the opposite of Republicans, so I will not vote for them no matter what for if a Republican is for these, then he or she is not a Republican.

As a soldier currently engaged in the war in Iraq, FROM Iraq, i can say with certainty that most of us believe in what wer're doin over here and its proven on the smiles on Iraqi childrens faces when we open up a new school for them, or pass out soccer balls to a throng of kids who are chasing our HMMWV's down. Maybe the reason for which we invaded Iraq was clearly a mistake, but telling a soldier that being here is wrong because gas prices are getting high is a bad  thing to say. I would like to think that some of my close personal friends who lost thier lives would think the same way....

SPC Jessie Schafer

A/40th En Bn U.S. Army

Ramadi, Iraq

I'm not going to comment any of your statements above, I'm anti-american pretty much...everybody here knows that...but I wish you get home alive and in one piece....greetings.

I hope you get home safely, letsryde23, but it doesn't change my position that invading Iraq was wrong and unjustified.  Our soldiers shouldn't even be in that country, period.

The majority of the Republican party views on separation of church and state, gay marriage, public education, minimum wage increases, taxes, and so forth I just cannot support any longer.

I am for raising the minimum wage to at least $7.25 an hour.

I am for complete separation of church and state for only through a secular democracy can all citizens can be treated fairly.

I am for equal rights for gays, lesbians, and transgendered people.

I am for advancement of medical science through unrestricted stem cell research.

I am for making rampant changes to the public education system that would make it a year long affair and increased funding to back it up.

These views are pretty much the opposite of Republicans, so I will not vote for them no matter what for if a Republican is for these, then he or she is not a Republican.

Just don't do that fun throw-away third party vote and it's cool.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

As a soldier currently engaged in the war in Iraq, FROM Iraq, i can say with certainty that most of us believe in what wer're doin over here and its proven on the smiles on Iraqi childrens faces when we open up a new school for them, or pass out soccer balls to a throng of kids who are chasing our HMMWV's down. Maybe the reason for which we invaded Iraq was clearly a mistake, but telling a soldier that being here is wrong because gas prices are getting high is a bad  thing to say. I would like to think that some of my close personal friends who lost thier lives would think the same way....

SPC Jessie Schafer

A/40th En Bn U.S. Army

Ramadi, Iraq

Just get home safely and save the propaganda.

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

Agreed, Colrom. I don't care about gas prices. Bush said that Iraq had weapons of mass destruction and that is why we invaded. It has been proven that at the time of invasion Saddam had no weapons of mass destruction. END OF STORY.

Since then Bush has backpedaled on the reasons why we invaded, changing his tune, all the while our soliders are diying for no good reason. Sorry, letsryde23, but invading Iraq was a waste of lives and resources that could have better been spent if Bush "stayed the course" in Afganistan.

Edited by Judge Hades

SPC Jessie Schafer

A/40th En Bn U.S. Army

Ramadi, Iraq

If he does, would you kindly save us your posts?

Anyway, get home safely letsryde23, same goes for your friends over there. Best of luck to you.

It's not like well wishes come off as a disingenuous when you tell someone to cram their opinions and experiences in the same breath. :-"

Also: Don't be antagonistic to new forumers.

Edited by Nartwak

It might seem so, but it was sincere.

I agree it would have been more proper not to tell Jessie what not to do. So for that I appologize. :-

Better to say that it is very uncomfortable talking policy to someone who says they are actively committed to that policy with their life on the line. Hard to tell them that you think they are actually engaged in furthering a program which is making the world a worse place.

Hopefully Jessie is doing some local good. :)

In any case, welcome Jessie.

Stay safe.

Edited by Colrom

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.