What you couldn't do/say in KotOR...

Guest The Architect

Guest The Architect
Vrook: "You can leave whenever you wish. But first a warning, young Padawan. The lure of the dark side is difficult to resist. I fear this quest to find the Star Forge could lead you down an all too familiar path."

Bastila: "The Jedi don't believe in killing their prisoners."

Carth: "I've heard stories about what the Dark Jedi can do. They say they can erase your memory, or do something to your identity. But I figure if we don't do anything stupid, we should be fine."

Vrook: "I can only hope that you will prove up to the task..."

Vanda: "We should discuss this matter more fully in private."

Vrook: "The Force flows through you like no other student we have seen. But you are wilful and headstrong. A dangerous combination."

Thanks vaxen83...

Vrook: "You can leave whenever you wish. But first a warning, young Padawan. The lure of the dark side is difficult to resist. I fear this quest to find the Star Forge could lead you down an all too familiar path."

My reply: An all too familiar path? Why are you even telling me this? I know you're a cranky old fart and it's difficult for you to hide your obvious abhorrence towards me, not just because I'm Revan and the things I've done in the past you disapprove of that I can't recall yet, but also because you're just a cranky old coot, but seriously! Why say that?

If I were you Vrook....thank the Force I'm NOT, I would have said You can leave whenever you wish. But first a warning, young Padawan. The lure of the dark side is difficult to resist. I fear this quest to find the Star Forge could lead you down the path of the dark-side. Be on guard young padawan not an all too familiar path...fool. That doesn't make any sense if I'm just a new nobody now, does it?

The funny thing is, you're the Jedi Master, yet here I am giving you a lesson on how to cover up secrets better. Shouldn't you be the one giving me lessons, not the other way around??? :ermm:

Bastila: "The Jedi don't believe in killing their prisoners. No one deserves execution, no matter what their crimes."

My reply: Since I already know that I'm Revan, I can safely assume that you're referring to me in this case, right?

Bastila: What...but...how did you?

My reply: Shut up and kiss me you babbling fool! :D

Carth: "I've heard stories about what the Dark Jedi can do. They say they can erase your memory, or do something to your identity. But I figure if we don't do anything stupid, we should be fine."

With the Carth quote, I didn't know I was Revan at this point (since we don't see Revan in the first vision, and we are told that he/she was killed. So there was no reason for me to think that I was Revan at this point, not until the second vision of Taris and the conversation with Bastila at the Taris swoop track and the apartment) which was when I figured it out.

Vrook: "I can only hope that you will prove up to the task..."

You can only really interpret this quote as a clue though if you knew you were Revan at that point (like I did). Otherwise, that can be understandably overlooked.

Vandar: "We should discuss this matter more fully in private."

My reply: Why? I know I'm Revan, so there's no need to have secret conversations about me which you don't want me to hear, because whatever I hear will be old news to me anyway. I already know that I'm Revan fools. Capish? So go ahead and discuss this matter now with me here, not in private.

Vrook: "The Force flows through you like no other student we have seen. But you are wilful and headstrong. A dangerous combination."

Me: Wilful and headstrong, just like Zhar said about Revan...I mean me!

Haha!  :D Awesome, all of them.  :)

Thanks, I'm glad you liked them...

I figure that mine character was Revan when he woke in the apartment.

Carth was talking about Mindwipe.

my character said in his head, i am Revan I do tell you.

Bulldust...

You don't even see Revan in the first vision and you're clearly told that he/she was killed by Carth, so how could you figure it out then? The only thing that you should know at that point is that you are amnesic. But how and why and who you really are at the point would remain speculative. You could only have possibly guessed that you were Revan at that point, but why you would think you're Revan that early is rather odd, unless you're lying...

Did you want to tell Bastila she was a stuck up cow?

Did you want to sell Juhani?

Did you want to kill Carth at any point you wished?

Did you want to train as a Jedi on Dantooine instead of being forced to?

Discuss these type of things...

Edited by The Architect

I guess I'm one of the lame people... I didn't figure it out until the moment.

I blame Canderous, though. I had a female character, and his conversations are buggy so that whatever gender you are, when he talks about how Revan destroyed the Mandelorians, he ALWAYS says "He". My siblings didn't believe me, so I played through again, found the spot, and showed the conversation. There are at least five "he"s or "his"s in that one talk... and I did all of the party member sidequests (pretty much all) before the Leviathan.

I agree that it could have easiliy been figured out, though... with a male PC  <_<  . My older brother gave away at one point that there was a giant secret somewhere in the future, and I thought things over and wondered, "Am I Revan?" before remembering the gender references and deciding the Dark Lord had probably not undergone a sex change.

Canderous not knowing Revan's gender continues after the reveal. :)

I found the conversation with Bastila before the Leviathan to be rather irritating, especially with a male pc. I felt like the romance was being used to deflect the attention away from the secret. I have already said that I found the relationship changing from friendly to friendly a leap so sublimely idiotic that in doing so the writer must have landed on their head causing him or her to become a drooling idiot. Only regaining use of their faculties after the escape from the Leviathan.

I would have liked the dialog option of "I am sorry but I am a Tach that swings from the other tree, now that we are being honest why don't you tell me what the real problem is?" (Or some line in keeping with the tone of Revan's character/alignment and or preference). :- Bastila already had doubts, so why couldn't we use them to uncover the truth? It wouldn't even need the KOTOR2 way of questioning.

Not being able to ask what was really going on was not the best way to continue, especially on the Leviathan. Were we supposed to ignore what Saul was saying, or did they assume we would be too busy trying to escape? <_<

End Rant: :D

The Juhani side quest messed with the Korriban vendor of special items, I think because whomever was planting the tracker got scared off by the fight.

Did you want to tell Bastila she was a stuck up cow?

Did you want to sell Juhani?

Did you want to kill Carth at any point you wished?

Did you want to train as a Jedi on Dantooine instead of being forced to?

More like, "You do realize what a stuck up cow you are, don't you?" :) Or a starwarsy equivalent of a cow anyway.

See that's another way to get rid of Juhani. :)

No, I don't think I could stand the whinging of Bastila if I did that.

I wanted to be trained but felt forced to do so.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

It's a fully voiced mod that lets you go back to the KotOR I planets after you have retaken control of the Sith forces...

A pet Rakgoule. ^_^

Been playing WoW as a Warlock or Hunter eh?

Seeing a hologram of Jolee Bindo during his younger days before having a bald head and imagining Canderous before he hit age 40-50. Looking at some tales of first KotOR game like say through holovids and certain flashbacks through perhaps dreaming or as side effect of force bonds. Most of each character's past was detailed through PC dialogue with party members.

That would have been good, KotOR1 used a lot fo good cinematics and the most remembered probabally are the whole thing of Revans dreams of the Star Maps which came up quite a lot, I think that instead of having to visualise all this of what your characters talk about you should have been it as a cinematic of their past evens and experiences.

Being able to listen to slightly different sounding Selkath voices (croaking or voices sound more like friction grating of some kind). Listening to same recorded voices with every Selkath can sometimes make ears go numb. And original Selkath sounds were already hard enough to hear in KotOR game.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Yeah, lots of species had the same recordings, I think that there was like a maximum of 2, the Wookies had two I think, and the Selkath only had one, the Rodians seem to have a lot, but I noticed on Dantooine (k2) that the merchant there, Akkiri or his name is, just forgot the species has only one recording, because you can tell at the start if you rush through the dialogue.

I would have liked to have gone back to the planets after the end...

Try The "Reign of the Sith" mod... :devil:"

Sounds great, is there one when your Mr. Goody Goody Revan?

How big is this mod we're talking about anways? and whats it like?

There's not a lightside one, but RotS is about 100mb and is a good mod as far as it goes...

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

Guest The Architect
If it were KotOR II then I would want to kill Vogga the Hutt.

Yeah, I should make one for KotOR II as well. But are you sure there wasn't anything that you (as Revan) wanted to do/say in KotOR but couldn't because the game wouldn't allow you to?

More like, "You do realize what a stuck up cow you are, don't you?"  :huh: Or a starwarsy equivalent of a cow anyway.

I think 'schutta' may be the closest Star Wars equivalent term for 'cow'. So the line you would of liked to have said would have been "You do realize what a stuck up schutta you are, don't you?" :D :thumbsup:...

That guy (Xor I think it was) wanted to buy Juhani off me. If the bloody game had of allowed me to, I would of sold Juhani (because she's a hideous annoying borophyll cat-woman) to Xor and if she refused (which she did when I told Xor I was interested in making a deal) I would of said to her "Look, do you want to die? If not, go to Xor. You belong to him now."

Of course you could of killed Carth 'before' you met Bastila at the swoop track so she would never have known. If she asked about Carth, you could of said something like "(Lie) Carth never made it off the Endar Spire alive." So then there would be no whinging from her, because she would never find out. Of course, the lie would have to be successful and you would have to make sure that Bastila will never find Carth's body anywhere on Taris, otherwise your lie has been revealed and you would have to endure endless annoying ramblings and complaints from Bastila. :D

Exactly. I did want to train as a Jedi on Dantooine as well (because I get a lightsaber and force powers) :D but I too felt forced to do so...

Edited by The Architect

More like, "You do realize what a stuck up cow you are, don't you?"  :huh: Or a starwarsy equivalent of a cow anyway.

I think 'schutta' may be the closest Star Wars equivalent term for 'cow'. So the line you would of liked to have said would have been "You do realize what a stuck up schutta you are, don't you?" :D :thumbsup:...

That guy (Xor I think it was) wanted to buy Juhani off me. If the bloody game had of allowed me to, I would of sold Juhani (because she's a hideous annoying borophyll cat-woman) to Xor and if she refused (which she did when I told Xor I was interested in making a deal) I would of said to her "Look, do you want to die? If not, go to Xor. You belong to him now."

Of course you could of killed Carth 'before' you met Bastila at the swoop track so she would never have known. If she asked about Carth, you could of said something like "(Lie) Carth never made it off the Endar Spire alive." So then there would be no whinging from her, because she would never find out. Of course, the lie would have to be successful and you would have to make sure that Bastila will never find Carth's body anywhere on Taris, otherwise your lie has been revealed and you would have to endure endless annoying ramblings and complaints from Bastila. :D

Exactly. I did want to train as a Jedi on Dantooine as well (because I get a lightsaber and force powers) :D but I too felt forced to do so...

That line with Bastila sounds perfect for all occasions of her bitchiness...which is anytime she speaks to you. :thumbsup:

It was, you could say something like, lets talk credits but then nothing came out of it, then if she would turn on you and you could "end her pathetic existence" there was a lot of potential for evil, something I like about KOTOR 2 is the Twi'lek (sp?) dancer on Telos... No not as a "pet."

:lol: I like that you would have to cover up the "oops" but if you kill him too early he wouldn't feel all betrayed, so where is the fun in that? After returning from the Rakatan Temple would be an interesting moment to expand on. I didn't like how it felt short and lacking in evil. He runs you start to go after him but then your stopped by Bastila.... :huh::blink: He runs off, why could you not either shoot him in the back with lightning, (would look cool but is a short lived option) or force pull him back? Yes, I am The Lord of the Sith, but I will just ignore my inability to perform the simple task of not letting someone escape to warn the enemy, never mind that by ego has been bruised by him refusing my offer and how much fun it would have been to try and turn an enemy to my cause, oh and the torturing.... No I will just listen to my Apprentice. Edit "Appretice...." :D

Being Malak's ally would have been preferable to having an apprentice like Bastila. You only need three in the party so send HK47 with a message to Malak and do a deal he sends Bandon. Kill Jolee after finding the Star Map on Kashyykk, and Bastila says the usual regarding the evil scarwy Dark-Side. You place her in stasis and give her over to the Sith, or kill her if that takes your fancy. :thumbsup: You have already sold Juhani to Xor, (thus stuffing up the ability to buy the Dominator Gauntlets), kill Carth, T3M4 can pilot the ship, might as well kill the Walking Carpet and the Brat, can't just leave them on Kashyykk....hmm come to think of it the Wookies could cause trouble... eh, "KILL EM ALL!" My Favourite Xena quote. :D

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Guest The Architect
That line with Bastila sounds perfect for all occasions of her bitchiness...which is anytime she speaks to you. :thumbsup:

Hehe, I can just imagine it...

Bastila: "You mean you don't have a plan to get off Taris yet! What have you been doing all this time?"

Me: "You do realize what a stuck up schutta you are, don't you?"

Bastila: "What, how dare you speak to me like that! Don't forget who I am; I am Bastila Shan, a member of the Jedi Ord--"

And then bang! To everyone's surprise, the little fella T3-M4 shoots Bastila in the back, ending her life.

Me: "*Claps* It looks like I'll keep you around after all."

:blink: I like that you would have to cover up the "oops" but if you kill him too early he wouldn't feel all betrayed, so where is the fun in that? After returning from the Rakatan Temple would be an interesting moment to expand on. I didn't like how it felt short and lacking in evil. He runs you start to go after him but then your stopped by Bastila....  :huh:  :thumbsup: He runs off, why could you not either shoot him in the back with lightning, (would look cool but is a short lived option) or force pull him back? Yes, I am The Lord of the Sith, but I will just ignore my inability to perform the simple task of not letting someone escape to warn the enemy, never mind that by ego has been bruised by him refusing my offer and how much fun it would have been to try and turn an enemy to my cause, oh and the torturing.... No I will just listen to my Apprentice. Edit "Appretice...." :D

Being Malak's ally would have been preferable to having an apprentice like Bastila. You only need three in the party so send HK47 with a message to Malak and do a deal he sends Bandon. Kill Jolee after finding the Star Map on Kashyykk, and Bastila says the usual regarding the evil scarwy Dark-Side. You place her in stasis and give her over to the Sith, or kill her if that takes your fancy. :thumbsup:  You have already sold Juhani to Xor, (thus stuffing up the ability to buy the Dominator Gauntlets), kill Carth, T3M4 can pilot the ship, might as well kill the Walking Carpet and the Brat, can't just leave them on Kashyykk....hmm come to think of it the Wookies could cause trouble... eh, "KILL EM ALL!" My Favourite Xena quote. :D

:lol: That would be an awesome DS play-through IMO. Here's a similar one...

You already know you're Revan, you're evil and you're just playing along at the moment. You go to Kashyyyk first, find the Star Map (find out you're Revan for sure with the 'match found') incident, go to the Shadowlands alone (so you can kill Jolee and none of your party will even know he exists).

Go to Tatooine next, buy HK-47, tell him you're Revan and all that yada yada, take Bastila, Carth and Canderous with you, when you have HK, tell Bastila, Carth and Canderous that you know you're Revan and you're going to become the Dark Lord of the Sith again, then fight Bastila and Carth, with Canderous and HK-47 on your side, kill Carth, capture Bastila, send HK-47 to make a deal with Darth Malak (which is let me become your apprentice and you can have Bastila).

Then Malak will agree to give you an opportunity to become your apprentice only if he can have Bastila, so he sends Bandon and some Sith troops and Dark Jedi to come get Bastila, you give them Bastila, you and Canderous come with them to go see Malak (wherever he may be at the time), on your way off Tatooine, you ask the Sith to destroy the Ebon Hawk (with Zaalbar, Mission and T3-M4 inside) then when you meet Malak again, you get Canderous and HK-47 to clear out the room Malak is in and seal off other Sith from getting to the room (so you basically kill Bandon, a few Dark Jedi and some Sith troops) you then kill Malak and either turn Bastila to the dark-side or kill her, once again becoming the Dark Lord!

Edited by The Architect

It would have been interesting to see K1 character with complexity in a scene with Carth after victory party had been held for LS story and how for DS story towards end of game with DS Bastila, that portrayed Revan's anxiety and fear to show that he/she had some unsettled issues from unleashing Mandalorian attack on planet when still allied with Malak as apprentice. Rolling scene for victory party and/or infinite fleet concept alone lacked some explanation of future and hesitance on PC's part.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Guest The Architect

You know, with the Mission side-quest, if you go to the Sandpeople enclave without her, you can kill Griff. When you go to talk to her after you kill Griff (if you choose to kill him) all she says (by memory) is "Talk! What is there to talk about! Those sandpeople took my brother. We can't just leave him with those...with those monsters!"

I never got to say something like....

"Mission, your brother is dead. I killed him. Don't like it? Deal with it. If you're going to make an issue out of it, then you will answer to my lightsaber! Capish? You can either rack off, stay with me and keep your mouth shut for the rest of the journey or try and attack me, fail and die. So what's it going to be?"

or

"(Lie) Your brother is dead Mission. I found his body in the sandpeople enclave. They must have killed him."

But instead, I didn't even get to reply to Mission and tell her that her brother is dead, that I killed him. The side-quest remains incomplete if you kill Griff. It always bugged me how I couldn't tell Mission that her brother was killed be me. Why couldn't I? I killed Griff in my first play-through of KotOR and I was expecting a dialogue choice to come up for me, to tell Mission that her brother is dead, and tell her that I killed her or lie to her about how he died, but it never came up. :angry:

Edited by The Architect

You know, with the Mission side-quest, if you go to the Sandpeople enclave without her, you can kill Griff. When you go to talk to her after you kill Griff (if you choose to kill him) all she says (by memory) is "Talk! What is there to talk about! Those sandpeople took my brother. We can't just leave him with those...with those monsters!"

I never got to say something like....

"Mission, your brother is dead. I killed him. Don't like it? Deal with it. If you're going to make an issue out of it, then you will answer to my lightsaber! Capish? You can either rack off, stay with me and keep your mouth shut for the rest of the journey or try and attack me, fail and die. So what's it going to be?"

or

"(Lie) Your brother is dead Mission. I found his body in the sandpeople enclave. They must have killed him."

But instead, I didn't even get to reply to Mission and tell her that her brother is dead, that I killed him. The side-quest remains incomplete if you kill Griff. It always bugged me how I couldn't tell Mission that her brother was killed be me. Why couldn't I? I killed Griff in my first play-through of KotOR and I was expecting a dialogue choice to come up for me, to tell Mission that her brother is dead, and tell her that I killed her or lie to her about how he died, but it never came up. :angry:

It says your the dark sith lord and all but really anwser this what do u really get to do with that title u have 1 planet to tell everyone who u are on (depending on missions u do first and so on) but u cant really do anything like the posts above me it would of been cool if u could go to the star forge and attack the order instead of malak or if u could keep it a secret knowing your the dark lord and keep it from vandar and so on. I can't wait until i hear news on kotor 3 but i hope it won't be a little upsetting and not enough to wet my appetite as KOTOR 2 was

62nzp7r.jpg

""Savior, conqueror, hero, villain. You are all things, Revan

Being able to use a Gaffi stick against Vrook, considering that sometimes his ramblings on Jedi teachings can be quite anti-humane against Revan character. It would have been interesting to have other options to perhaps say exact a verbal threat against Vrook, rather than simply asking Master Vandar why Vrook did not seem to like my character at all before leaving Dantooine.

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Guest The Architect
Being able to use a Gaffi stick against Vrook, considering that sometimes his ramblings on Jedi teachings can be quite anti-humane against Revan character. It would have been interesting to have other options to perhaps say exact a verbal threat against Vrook, rather than simply asking Master Vandar why Vrook did not seem to like my character at all before leaving Dantooine.

Why a gaffi stick? Why not a lightsaber? To be honest though, I actually liked Vrook. He didn't let the Jedi teachings and the Jedi code restrain him from being cranky and speaking his mind. I liked that.

Well, lightsabers work as well. Just that they tend to look almost alike in game, difference being through colours, double-bladed or single. At least with gaffi sticks, the chieftain's gaffi might have some added damage to it as compared to using usual gaffis. So, if there were lightsabers that were specifically from force users in K1, it could have been an interesting quest to collect some of them and decide which one to use as weapon. Mantle of the Force and Heart of the Guardian might have worked, although it would have been nice to have a third that had a name for specific force user, as party has three, including Revan as PC.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

朱宣澧

Stuff I would have loved to have done in KotOR

HK47: Commentary: It is not possible to destroy the master. It is suggested that you run while my blasters warm, meatbags.

Bastila to Revan: You are easily the vainest, most arrogant man I have ever met!

Canderous to Bastila: Insults? Maybe if your master had trained your lightsaber to be as quick as your tongue you could have escaped those Vulkars, you spoiled little Jedi princess!

not have to slap my way through every inch of Korribon at the end... even if you knew you were revan and savd one or the other teacher.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Guest The Architect

Dyan, I like it. You know, it begs the question of why a team of Jedi Knights who specialize in guile didn't do what you said.

Edited by The Architect

Wait so your light side and want to take a "Hot" darkside chick.

Jedi have no emotion, they wouldn't take a "Hot" sith just because she is "hot". Your not allowed to have children, so you have no need for a partner.

Sith lead through manipulatoin, not telling mission would enable you to control her, and her actions, a sith wouldn't just come out and say, oh yeah I cut your brothers balls off before i cut off his head with my lightsaber bitch.

Edited by Nero

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.

I couldn't force choke who ever i wanted, nor Force Persuade which made those 2 abilties seeme rather useless. Force choking 6 out of 200 ncps seemes a bit boring ^_^;

Jedi Master Altena Windwalker

Pub 9 Elder Jedi, Star Wars Galaxies: Nurf of the Jedi

"We are oft to blame in this--'tis too much proved. --that with devotion's visage and pious action...we do suger o'er the devil himself. " - V

"Spelling errors in my post, oh noes! I'm Japanese and English is not primery language plus I'm dyslexic.

not have to slap my way through every inch of Korribon at the end... even if you knew you were revan and savd one or the other teacher.

well you can befriend that instructor twi-lek girl and tell her your darth revan if koriban is the last planet you visit. kinda pointless thought

Jedi Master Altena Windwalker

Pub 9 Elder Jedi, Star Wars Galaxies: Nurf of the Jedi

"We are oft to blame in this--'tis too much proved. --that with devotion's visage and pious action...we do suger o'er the devil himself. " - V

"Spelling errors in my post, oh noes! I'm Japanese and English is not primery language plus I'm dyslexic.

If the game was like the movie where Iif you get hit by one blaster bolt or hit once by a lightsaber you die.... I think that would of made the game a bit boring but its a game, but its a movie who cares its all pretty stupied when you think about it.

The force helps me poop better, and use lightsabers to cut my food that then turns into poop.