What you couldn't do/say in KotOR...

Guest The Architect

I would have liked to have gone back to the planets after the end, and do much more then just have the ending and this massive hole of lost information and things that you could have done, I didnt like the thing about your party how you had their quests and after the whole revelation of Revan the quests sort of where gone and you couldnt continue learning about your party members, ie HK. Some quests where bugged which I didnt like, the Jagi quest for instance ect.

If you work hard at it all through the game, you can complete all the character sidequests, but you have to talk to your NPC's every chance you get and bring them outside the Ebon Hawk frequently (be careful not to trigger two quests at the same time - weird stuff can happen then).

The one I usually run into trouble with is the Juhani sidequest.

I do wish there was a gray option, but Star Wars is not a universe of gray - at least not for the characters that matter. Sure, there are criminals who are heroes (Han Solo, for example), but they're ultimately good.

I also would have liked to be able to continue exploring and completing the quests (or at least trading crap with the rodian inventor), but I guess it's art of the replay value of the game - if you get to do everything the first time around, why play it again?

what I really want is impossible to put in a game today .. I want true consequences that change according to your every action .. a true virtual reality literally speaking..

try scripting that! ^_^

Fortune favors the bald.

I didnt like how, in most Star Wars games *sigh* you only get to become the Darkside you at the end of the game, eg. Jedi Academy, kill Rosh go to the Darkside, KotOR1, Side with Bastila and go to the Darkside, seriously it doenst give you enough time to explore the whole Darkside thing, I like how the worked on it in KotOR2 a bit better, and I hope in future Star War RPGs (hopefully K3) there will be an option to be Dark from the start.

Doing more with Bastila, Juhani and Mission with my Male Revan.

Pedophile... :(

Well I had to do it.

Mission is a cutie and like a baby sister.

Mission is hot :wub:

A coward dies a thousand deaths but a soulja dies one~ 2Pac

You're all...

Pedophile...  :lol:
Pedophile...  :p
Pedophile...  :blink:
Pedophile...  :blink:

I would have liked to have gone back to the planets after the end...

Try The "Reign of the Sith" mod... :-"

Sounds great, is there one when your Mr. Goody Goody Revan?

How big is this mod we're talking about anways? and whats it like?

It's a fully voiced mod that lets you go back to the KotOR I planets after you have retaken control of the Sith forces...

After the end?

{Punch Vrook In The Face}, option for the grey aligned.

If you killed Juhani you should have gotten another party member depending on alignment, such as Bandon or Yuthura.... not just if you killed Juhani. {Leave Party Member On Some Rock For A Planet} option.

Also keeping Uthar as the head of the Academy before you find out your Revan should have been possible for the Dark-Sider.

A pet Rakgoule. ^_^

More "I don't give a toss about The Republic" dialog choices for all alignments.

Just a few PG rated thoughts. :lol:

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

Seeing a hologram of Jolee Bindo during his younger days before having a bald head and imagining Canderous before he hit age 40-50. Looking at some tales of first KotOR game like say through holovids and certain flashbacks through perhaps dreaming or as side effect of force bonds. Most of each character's past was detailed through PC dialogue with party members.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Guest The Architect

Does anyone have access to all (or most) of the dialogue in KotOR? If so, could I take a look at it? Because I want to mention some of the things I would have said if the game had allowed me to. I'm mainly referring to the fact that I was annoyed that I couldn't act on the obvious hints/clues which basically told you that you were Revan far before the revelation on the Leviathan.

Since I don't remember all the dialogue off by heart, I don't want to miss-quote, or make it seem like I made an incorrect interpretation on what was said. I only remember a few plot-twist associated quotes off-by-heart (since it has been a while since I've played KotOR), so...

Vrook: Are you certain Revan is truly dead? What if we undertake to train this one and the Dark Lord should return?

What I would have said was...

Me: Hang on! What does this have to do with me becoming a Jedi? Unless...wait a second! I'm Revan aren't I? It makes sense. The visions, the way Bastila oddly acts towards me, the fact that I am a special case, the fact that you (Zhar) said that now that my power has begun to manifest itself, can we safely ignore it?

Now that would only make sense if I were Revan, it also makes sense that Vrook said what he said, because I could turn to the dark-side and become the Dark Lord again if I am trained in the ways of the Jedi again. Hence the term "Are you certain Revan is truly dead? What if we undertake to train this one and the Dark Lord should return?" Now to a more important question. Why did you speak in such a way that made it so obvious for me to figure out? You're supposed to be wise Jedi Masters right? Yet you can't even cover up a secret like this.

Jedi Council: *Silent and stunned*

(Note that I always go to Manaan before the revelation)...

Some guy on Manaan: Wait, I recognize you! Lord Malak was most displeased to hear you had escaped Taris alive. He has promised a great reward to whoever destroys you.

Me: Why don't you just come right out and tell me that I'm Revan? You think I don't already know? For a start, you recognize me, but I don't recognize you and you never were on Taris, the Endar Spire, Kashyyyk, Dantooine or Tatooine, so I shouldn't know you, but you know me? What? But I do know you, I just can't remember it, because I'm Revan and those memories haven't fully returned yet, or much at all.

Also, why would my old apprentice be displeased to hear a supposed mere nobody padawan such as myself who poses no threat to him had escaped Taris alive? Unless....oh no it couldn't be could it? I am Revan. Also, why would he promise a great reward to whoever destroys me? What's so special about me? Aren't I just some no-name padawan? Unless....bingo! I'm Revan!

Nemo: I think the importance you place in a name is misleading young one. You of all people should know that.

Me: Oh for ****'s sake! What is it with you Jedi? Those boneheads in the enclave already gave away the little secret, now I've got another Jedi jackass who couldn't help himself and had to tell me something that makes no sense whatsoever if I'm just some new nobody. But I

Edited by The Architect

Vrook: "You can leave whenever you wish. But first a warning, young Padawan. The lure of the dark side is difficult to resist. I fear this quest to find the Star Forge could lead you down an all too familiar path."

Bastila: "The Jedi don't believe in killing their prisoners."

Carth: "I've heard stories about what the Dark Jedi can do. They say they can erase your memory, or do something to your identity. But I figure if we don't do anything stupid, we should be fine."

Vrook: "I can only hope that you will prove up to the task..."

Vanda: "We should discuss this matter more fully in private."

Vrook: "The Force flows through you like no other student we have seen. But you are wilful and headstrong. A dangerous combination."

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Does anyone have access to all (or most) of the dialogue in KotOR? If so, could I take a look at it? Because I want to mention some of the things I would have said if the game had allowed me to. I'm mainly referring to the fact that I was annoyed that I couldn't act on the obvious hints/clues which basically told you that you were Revan far before the revelation on the Leviathan.

Since I don't remember all the dialogue off by heart, I don't want to miss-quote, or make it seem like I made an incorrect interpretation on what was said. I only remember a few plot-twist associated quotes off-by-heart (since it has been a while since I've played KotOR), so...

Haha! :D Awesome, all of them. :lol:

I guess I'm one of the lame people... I didn't figure it out until the moment.

I blame Canderous, though. I had a female character, and his conversations are buggy so that whatever gender you are, when he talks about how Revan destroyed the Mandelorians, he ALWAYS says "He". My siblings didn't believe me, so I played through again, found the spot, and showed the conversation. There are at least five "he"s or "his"s in that one talk... and I did all of the party member sidequests (pretty much all) before the Leviathan.

I agree that it could have easiliy been figured out, though... with a male PC <_< . My older brother gave away at one point that there was a giant secret somewhere in the future, and I thought things over and wondered, "Am I Revan?" before remembering the gender references and deciding the Dark Lord had probably not undergone a sex change.