Neverend

Greetings fellow Obcitizens, I'm just posting an FYI on a PC-RPG I picked up today and my troubles with it.

First off, no problems installing it but when I tried to launch the game a second program called "Micro Copy" popped up telling me I the disk wasn't in the cd-drive (it was). I restarted my computer and tried again, didn't work, I switched disks as two of them come with the game and it still didn't work.

Despite the 45+ games I have, this is the first time I've had issues with copy protection.

I then went online for a patch. The developer website had said it had one available but when I clicked on the 'download' button, I was simply returned to the front page. I went to the download section again, looked at the source html for that page, and, yes, where it says download is a link to the front page.

I searched online and found two patches.

I installed one and started up the game - it worked! But now my game is in German.

I uninstalled the game, reinstalled, and used the second patch this time... Again, the game is in German.

Frustrated, I decided to check the forums on the developer's website but they didn't have one. They did have links to two official websites for the game however: one in German and one in French.

My system is over the recommended specs and I bought the CD at Fry's

I continue to work with the program. Hopefully, I'll get it installed in *English* and love the game enough that this trouble is worth it.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

I suppose German developer? I have'nt even heard of the game. :/

When was it released?

I *think* this is the one: http://pc.ign.com/objects/481/481341.html

And people wonder why no-cd cracks are so popular :blink:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

September 21, 2006

You know, I was walking through Fry's and I saw a number of games I had been interested in for some time..

My eyes strayed on this one and I thought, "This isn't one of those Big Name AAA games - Instead of spending my money on a game that I know is already doing well, I'll help out the little guy. After all, there are tons of great games that never got off the ground because they didn't have the publicity/franchise/well known developer that other games get."

This is not one of them.

This sucks Donkey Kong.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

For those who are wondering.. I uninstalled again and reinstalled. This time the copy protection noticed I had a disk and the 'profile' screen loaded - in English.

I used the Default profile and hit start...

It immediately crashed to desktop.

Edited by Maria Caliban

Considering what IGN, Gamespot & others says about the game, you might just consider youself lucky that the game crashes and thereby only let you waste your money and not more of your precious time.

A couple of gameratings: http://www.gamestats.com/objects/481/481341//articles.html

I learned my lesson a long time ago with a game called Deathtrap Dungeon :">

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I played Neverend. In english. For about three hours. Then I uninstalled.

You know when you eat a candy that is very, very sour, your face crumples up because you suck really, really hard on it because, somehow, you feel there may be sweetness inside?

Thats how much Neverend sucks.

First, it plays and feels like an adventure game. 2D hand painted background with 3D characters that look like they're floating.

The combat is like JRPGs, as in your characters take turn in choosing actions, targets and confirm the attack, then you wait for the turn to pass. Everyone has a time bar and their actions only take place when the time bar is empty(like FF).

Thats about it.

Voice acting is horrible and graphics are ugly. controls are very awkward. You move with the arrows and there is no screen scrolling. When you get to the edge of the screen, the game loads the next one. Oh yeah and forget about free roaming. You must follow the paths.

The only thing I "enjoyed" about it was the world map, or so it is called. To move between locations, the camera moves in a 90 degree angle above your main character and everything seems more 3D and it felt more natural.

I also thought the game was somewhat difficult, feeding he frustration.

I really hope you didn't pay 50-60$ for it... :shifty:

You play Call Of Duty? I thought FPSes were pure molten evil.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

How is it working out?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I installed one and started up the game - it worked! But now my game is in German.

Oh man, I laughed so hard at that line. :o

Between your troubles and those reviews, I shall be avoiding this game. I like to try to find/hope I'll find a lesser-known game-gem sometimes too...most of the time it doesn't work out so well.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts