infinite light side points glitch not working?

im trying to do the glitch on dantooine with the robot and when the guy finds out your a jedi, i get to the end part and try to persuade him not to tell them but he just says " sure you do, i better go tell the others " and i don't get any lightside points? could someone please help me?

:blink: Odd, you would think that since he runs away you wouldn't be able to repeat it.

The only glitch that I know of that gives repeated LS points is the Hanharr conversation with Mira. Which only gives a little LS.

There is a Dark-Side one on Telos when the Mercs attach the Ithorians.

Edited by Purgatorio

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

For some reason I've never been able to get either the LS/DS points or the influence point glitches to work - this on the PC, WestUSA version bought over a year ago.

If you're on the PC, perhaps you're in the same "boat." Regardless, keep in mind that glitches reported around the net aren't always a sure thing to work for everyone. :blink:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I never been able to get that glitch on my pc game version.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

hmmm...well...never found any lightside glitches but there is one darkside one and i play on pc...and you have to have hanharr but there is a convo you can have with him that will give you infinite darkside points :o ...im playing darkside now but i dont have him yet and its been a while since ive played ds but when i get him ill let you all know specifics...LOL...but it does work

I know of a darkside glitch, but you must have handmaiden and still be sparring with her. It basically involves begining the sparring session, then ending it prematurely (put on clothes or use a weapon etc.) then when you get the conversation dialogs, make sure you choose the nastiest dialogue (I cant remember the exact order, but its just picking the cruelest lines and insulting her, and make sure its her who ends the conversation). when thats finished, you should get some DS points, and be able to restart that sparring session with her again. (it will take time to get to fully DS :thumbsup:)

I know of a darkside glitch, but you must have handmaiden and still be sparring with her. It basically involves begining the sparring session, then ending it prematurely (put on clothes or use a weapon etc.) then when you get the conversation dialogs, make sure you choose the nastiest dialogue (I cant remember the exact order, but its just picking the cruelest lines and insulting her, and make sure its her who ends the conversation). when thats finished, you should get some DS points, and be able to restart that sparring session with her again. (it will take time to get to fully DS :()

Actually, you need to choose just one option at the end of the conversation. I can't recall the exact words but I remember that it is the first out of three options that says something to the effect of "I didn't mean to humiliate you; that was just a bonus". Even if all the previous lines you picked were not nasty, choosing that last line is enough to earn you DS points.

Edited by DarthDubya

It's a glitch, it doesn't work all teh time. :lol:"

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

There might be a glitch in the Korriban cave.

I've found that if you try to "save" Kreia, then you can constantly repeat the scenario, earning LS points in each case.

The only way I was able to move on was to select the "I'll do nothing" and wait for the "Apathy is death!" speeces from everyone.

I've found that if you try to "save" Kreia, then you can constantly repeat the scenario, earning LS points in each case. 

The only way I was able to move on was to select the "I'll do nothing" and wait for the "Apathy is death!" speeces from everyone.

Yeah, I remember that one. It happens to me every single time. There were only two ways out of it. The first one you've already explained above. The second was to go through the entire sequence again and again for 3-4 times. Then Kreia disappears and the door to the chamber with Revan's ghost is unlocked. The problem with the second option is that it only seems to work half of the time. The other half of the time, I have to choose the "Apathy" option.

That is not the only possible glitch in the Korriban cave. When you enter the chamber with the Republic soldiers waiting for the Mandalorians to attack...after killing all the Mandalorian soldiers, everyone is supposed to just fade away, but the Republic soldiers don't fade; they're still standing there, with all the doors leading to and out of the chamber still locked. Upon speaking to the Republic soldier captain, the entire sequence repeats itself from the "...And now, we fight!" point. Only after killing the Mandalorians a second time, does the story move forward. >_<

Edited by DarthDubya

^ Did you say you would try to disable the mines, or was it the do what I say option?

The Mira and Hannhar glitches are much too slow in giving points, I only use them if I need the extra shift to mastery towards the end...and it doesn't feel right either.

im trying to do the glitch on dantooine with the robot and when the guy finds out your a jedi, i get to the end part and try to persuade him not to tell them but he just says " sure you do, i better go tell the others " and i don't get any lightside points? could someone please help me?

Here's the punch. Either Force Persuade, getting no dark/light points, or with a very high persuade. Unlike on some idiots who always believe what you say, most of the time you must have persuade level round 10? anyway as I am playing Consular I have no problems with Persuade.

Yeah, I remember that one. It happens to me every single time. There were only two ways out of it. The first one you've already explained above. The second was to go through the entire sequence again and again for 3-4 times. Then Kreia disappears and the door to the chamber with Revan's ghost is unlocked. The problem with the second option is that it only seems to work half of the time. The other half of the time, I have to choose the "Apathy" option.

That is not the only possible glitch in the Korriban cave. When you enter the chamber with the Republic soldiers waiting for the Mandalorians to attack...after killing all the Mandalorian soldiers, everyone is supposed to just fade away, but the Republic soldiers don't fade; they're still standing there, with all the doors leading to and out of the chamber still locked. Upon speaking to the Republic soldier captain, the entire sequence repeats itself from the "...And now, we fight!" point. Only after killing the Mandalorians a second time, does the story move forward. :)

You have to side with Kreia all the way, say you will not change your decision of protecting her, so that she may be redeemed later. Do this 3 times. Siding with Atton first does not help in making Kreia disappear. Only side with Kreia. For Dark Side, there is a way out WITH dark points. Side with Atton, and say, "You are beyond redemption, Kreia. Prepare to die!" Which as a Light-sider, I did not know that was Dark :-:)

About the Republic soldiers, I never enountered the problem. Did they talk to you first? If not, reload from the door to that vision. If they did, it may be a temporary thing. First time I faced off Darth Traya, she was not facing me when she was speaking. Either she was too ashamed at that save to face me, or she was talking to my ghost, or she was acting cool :cool:

Only choices are the first ([Force Persuade]) or second ([Persuade]) options. Irregardless, you do not receive LS or DS points. However, there is supposed to be a dialogue you have with the mechanic where if you choose the following options:

1) "Why so busy?"

2)[Awareness] ........

3) [Persuade] You shouldn't keep your frustrations bottled up inside...... (not sure of exact wording)

According to one of the guides I read on the net, if you choose the above options, you would get an Influence Increase if Atton is in your party (dunno if this was supposed to work with Mira and Visas as well)

Anyway, I've tried this several times but I get nothing! Anyone tried this before? Did it work for you?

AJ

Anyway this should be under spoilers. It makes people know what is coming up.

I agree it has become a spoiler thread. Could split it but think I'll move it. :-

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Only choices are the first ([Force Persuade]) or second ([Persuade]) options. Irregardless, you do not receive LS or DS points. However, there is supposed to be a dialogue you have with the mechanic where if you choose the following options:

1) "Why so busy?"

2)[Awareness] ........

3) [Persuade] You shouldn't keep your frustrations bottled up inside...... (not sure of exact wording)

According to one of the guides I read on the net, if you choose the above options, you would get an Influence Increase if Atton is in your party (dunno if this was supposed to work with Mira and Visas as well)

Anyway, I've tried this several times but I get nothing! Anyone tried this before? Did it work for you?

AJ

If you kill him you get influence with Atton, but if you say Option (3) with Kriea in your party you get influence with her.

1) "Why so busy?"

2)[Awareness] ........

AJ

I say again, must have a HIGH persuade. ask him why he hates the jedi, and either:

1. I thought Jedi were the protectors of common people like you. (shows you support the Jedi)

2. something like: It is good that you think that way. (shows you support the Sith.)

Answer: Of course it did work for me. Kreia will get influence when using the awareness line, now I remember, saying you have done well in persuading and stuff like that awareness. Since she is a master of persuade and manipulation. and awareness

Edited by master-kiwi

If this was already mentioned, then I apologize. I only skimmed through this thread.

LIGHT SIDE GLITCH on the PC

When talking to handmaiden, before you leave the jedi academy, tell her about the force. If you tell her its warm and calming, blah blah blah. You will get light side points after the conversation is over.

You can have the same conversation with her as many times as you want acheiiving light side mastery before leaving telos.

If this was already mentioned, then I apologize.  I only skimmed through this thread.

When talking to handmaiden, before you leave the jedi academy, tell her about the force.  If you tell her its warm and calming, blah blah blah.  You will get light side points after the conversation is over.

You can have the same conversation with her as many times as you want acheiiving light side mastery before leaving telos.

That would only occur on your comp sorry bout that.

1) "Why so busy?"

2)[Awareness] ........

AJ

I say again, must have a HIGH persuade. ask him why he hates the jedi, and either:

1. I thought Jedi were the protectors of common people like you. (shows you support the Jedi)

2. something like: It is good that you think that way. (shows you support the Sith.)

Answer: Of course it did work for me. Kreia will get influence when using the awareness line, now I remember, saying you have done well in persuading and stuff like that awareness. Since she is a master of persuade and manipulation. and awareness

Now that I remember, the person there will report if you have a lightsaber with you. :)

If this was already mentioned, then I apologize.  I only skimmed through this thread.

When talking to handmaiden, before you leave the jedi academy, tell her about the force.  If you tell her its warm and calming, blah blah blah.  You will get light side points after the conversation is over.

That would only occur on your comp sorry bout that.

Yes, I have a magic computer, built by elves. It gives me ls point glitch even after I have reinstalled the game.

Do you even talk to handmaiden before leaving Telos academy?

Why dont try it before you say it doesnt work.