Mr. Sawyer Owns Us All With NWN2!!!

Volourn

Question: does the arcane trickster add caster levels as well as spells/day and spell slots?

Yes.

Jolly good. I admit I'd feel a bit stupid running around casting level nine spells with a caster level of six.

Fun times ahead!

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

No Drizzt fan girl here. I would play my drow like Liriel.  :lol:

I don't know what race I want to start with, my usual elf or a drow? Hmmmmm.

Any Half-Drow there? :D

...there are normal half-elves, I do hope they included the drow variant. :wacko:

That would be cool, but they've never done half-elf derivative races before. That and in the FR half-drow are restricted to the waaaaaay south, in the only surface nation run by drow (I can't seem to remember its name)

There is no surface nation run by drow :ermm:

There are renegades near ex-Myth Drannor ,but thats not a nation.

Also, half-drow are fairly common in underdark, mostly children of noble drow woman and their slaves. Drow females have sometime a bit... interesting taste in males and in magical practices, most half-drow are half-human, or half-surface elf...but very morbid ones could be half-demons, half-orcs or even half-goblins :)

Half-Drow are tolarated in Underdark in the Drow cities, and in non-drow ruled underdark settlelents they can even live a mostly 'normal life'. Of course most of them never become anything else than playmates and gladiators of the 'trueborn' drows.

It is rare that they leave underdark, and they have nearly the same problems with people of the surface as the full-drow, most people simply don't recognize them as half-ones.

Andway: Half-Drow are more common on the surface than normal Drow (not counting the drow raiding parties of course)

Half-Drow worship to Lolth, or Elistree, or even to Corellon, depending on if the 'subject' looks at himself as a 'freak drow', as a 'true connection to the surface and the other subraces', or simply as an 'elven guy who wanna find his roots'.

...Of course any other God is also possible to worship to, but these are the most common ones.

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

No Drizzt fan girl here. I would play my drow like Liriel.  ;)

...there are normal half-elves, I do hope they included the drow variant. :)

That would be cool, but they've never done half-elf derivative races before. That and in the FR half-drow are restricted to the waaaaaay south, in the only surface nation run by drow (I can't seem to remember its name)

There is no surface nation run by drow :p

There are renegades near ex-Myth Drannor ,but thats not a nation.

NOPE. Dambrath, waaaaay to the Southeast in Faerun. The drow came up from the Underdark and consorted with the church of Loviatar to enslave the population. I was kinda wrong in that the place was originally run by the drow, but now that it's been a few hundred years the place is actually ruled by half-drow clerics of Loviatar and Lolth. The FR campaign setting states that most half-drow originate from this area.

No Drizzt fan girl here. I would play my drow like Liriel.  :)

...there are normal half-elves, I do hope they included the drow variant. :p

Half drow? An abomination that should be put to the sword.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

No Drizzt fan girl here. I would play my drow like Liriel.  ;)

...there are normal half-elves, I do hope they included the drow variant. :)

Half drow? An abomination that should be put to the sword.

And you were once saying we have to have tolerance, another comment like this, and I will lose mine. :p

PS: All of us have their favorite race, one of my friends like a gnome, an other a halfling, one a drow, and another one a dwarf. My are all possible Half-Elves, and on the top of the list is the Half-Drow.

IB1OsQq.png

"

... Because Drow are commonplace in Neverwinter, being able to survive outside the Underdark and quite welcomed by the ordinary townsfolk. turned.gif"

I don't understand what one thing has to do with the other.

NWN is placed in Neverwinter (quite obvious), there should be lots of Half-Drow NPC-s, an thus making it possible for a PC too.

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Getting back onto the topic of NWN2's prospective plot, I'm interested to see if the first game factored in to the story at all. I just started up a HotU game and Sharwyn talked about how the Hero of Neverwinter, whom she had fallen in love with at the time, apparently, left the city because of strife with Lord Nasher. I'd really, really like to see that explored.

I know everybody hates the NWN OC, but I'd rather they focus on it a bit to give the game a little more history. I love a game with history.

I'd much rather the game had its own history.

Or referred to Bhaalspawn saga if anything, or HOTU. NWN OC? No wai.

Obsidian has only stated that what happened in NWN1 OC will have some effect on NWN2 OC. It's not the focus (the PC having a piec eof sword stuck in their butt is the focus); but it's there. Which is smart. Like it or hate it, it be foolish to ignore what occured as it's part of NW's history.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

agreed volourn and pop. that the OC in NWN was sort of boring is really immaterial to the concept of including elements within the OC for NWN2. it serves the purpose of back-story, and sets the stage for the new content (possibly).

besides, from the 10,000 foot view (~3000 meters for you euros), the OC in NWN wasn't that bad, it just wasn't very well executed IMO.

taks

comrade taks... just because.