Mr. Sawyer Owns Us All With NWN2!!!

Volourn

The faces look kinda bland after Oblivion. Would have been nice if they could have stolen that feature. You never got bored with character creation even after you got bored with the game.

Looks cool all around though, the only way is down with expectations like this.

Really? A lot of people hated hated hated Oblivion's face creation system, including myself. Really, you were given a face and were allowed to adjust how fat it was and what hairstyle they had. That was pretty much the extent of it. Everybody looked related :\

I hated it too begin with, but then I figured it out through trial and error. You really can create loads of different great looking faces, though it was probably too confusing for most people. They should at least have provided a couple of premade ones.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The main problem for me with the face creator in Oblivion was that the gauges were interlinked wthout explanation. Sometimes I made the perfect mouth and went on to work on the eyes. When I was done with the eyes and checked out the entire face, the mouth would be all twisted and contorted and not at all how I left it. It was annoying as hell. It usually ended with me pressing the random button until something half-decent popped up and then I only made small adjustments to it, like colour and tiny size changes.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

The faces look kinda bland after Oblivion. Would have been nice if they could have stolen that feature. You never got bored with character creation even after you got bored with the game.

Looks cool all around though, the only way is down with expectations like this.

I dunno, Oblivion had some of the worst faces I've ever seen.

Heck, modders for Morrowind made better faces than what Oblivion is capable of. :ph34r:

The human faces look better compared to the other races faces. Disappointing to say the least but it is better compared to the faces in the first game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Untill you figured out the ridiculously cumbersome face generator, then they were awesome.

I lost patience with the face gen in Oblivion long before I ever had the chance to master the damn thing. I always just end up hitting the random gen button a bunch of times now until I get something that doesn't make me cringe, then make a few minor tweaks to it, all the while hoping I don't screw it up.

I really liked the idea of the facegen at first too. I figured the added variety would be great (and it is, I suppose), but I was also convinced Beth would at the very least offer a range of nice looking presets for each race, so you could quickly choose a good pre-generated face and just jump into the game without the hassle of fighting with the facegen for way the hell too long. Apparently that was too much to ask for, though.

That said, some of the PC heads in NWN2 do look terrible. Fiddling around in the toolset, though, I've found that for most races, there's at least one decent looking head available. NPC heads seem to have received a bit more care, in any case. Most of them look better than their PC counterparts.

There are far better looking Drow in the game, Ive looked through most races and their face variations in the toolset. Still ECL +2 means the OC will be a bitch for drizzt fanboys

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING! TIEFLING!

Nice to see in picture two that there is an outhouse for the peeps to use ... not too sure how Neverwinter residents accomplished their ablutions in the previous games ... :-"

The main problem for me with the face creator in Oblivion was that the gauges were interlinked wthout explanation. Sometimes I made the perfect mouth and went on to work on the eyes. When I was done with the eyes and checked out the entire face, the mouth would be all twisted and contorted and not at all how I left it. It was annoying as hell. It usually ended with me pressing the random button until something half-decent popped up and then I only made small adjustments to it, like colour and tiny size changes.

:)

That sounds very familiar.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

http://nwvault.ign.com/screenshots/?ss=1744

This doesen't exactly make me itch to play a drow. Looks like a tacky black leather sofa that took a drive from the ugly tree and hit every branch on the way down.

... Because Drow are commonplace in Neverwinter, being able to survive outside the Underdark and quite welcomed by the ordinary townsfolk. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Race, hmm. A human, I bet. Unless I can bring myself to use a half-elf.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

No Drizzt fan girl here. I would play my drow like Liriel.  :blink:

I don't know what race I want to start with, my usual elf or a drow? Hmmmmm.

Any Half-Drow there? :D

...there are normal half-elves, I do hope they included the drow variant. :wub:

That would be cool, but they've never done half-elf derivative races before. That and in the FR half-drow are restricted to the waaaaaay south, in the only surface nation run by drow (I can't seem to remember its name)

Speaking of owning and NWN2, I'm rather curious. Seeing as PWs are a thing of today and everyone plays a good character (who wouldn't want to be 'the hero'?), I have this idea I've been kicking around for a bit.

I'd rather like to be a bandit preying on the naive and foolish- as in jump out from the shadows, kill victim in the shortest time possible, then disappear again (HIPS). I think it'd be good fun, really.

Any ideas? I've been thinking something along the lines of sorcerer/rogue/shadowdancer/arcane trickster- due to the rather nice sneak attack damage and various utility arcane spells (hold person and the like).

What do you believe would be the most beneficial build for a character focusing on the old in-out in-out oriented playstyle?

Obviously, griefing is too harsh a word for what I'm planning. I'd like to think of it as "enhancing roleplay" in a quite significant way. Hey, somebody's gotta be the bad guy!

Edited by Lord Tingeling

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin

A Grifter?

Rogue (of course), and even a LE monk could be useful (stun attack!) ...

Good point. LE might get me nagged at because I'll be a murderous and sneaky bastard, but that's a small aside. That said, I'm thinking these things to be central:

1: HIPS

2: Reliable disablers

3: High damage output

I'm not really opposed to a non-magic build, but arcane trickster seems rather beneficial in that it brings quite nice spells to the table. Monk, however, brings out some nice possibilities, especially with quivering palm.

Ambushing mages and other low-con characters for instant killing strokes and then disappearing again sounds like it could be fun.

Question: does the arcane trickster add caster levels as well as spells/day and spell slots?

"McDonald's taste damn good. I'd rtahe reat their wonderful food then the poisonous junk you server in your house that's for sure.

What's funny is I'm not fat. In fact, I'm skinny. Though I am as healthy as cna be. Outside of being very ugly, and the common cold once in the blue moon I simply don't get sick."

- Volourn, Slayer of Yrkoon!

"I want a Lightsaber named Mr. Zappy" -- Darque

"I'm going to call mine Darque. Then I can turn Darque on anytime I want." -- GhostofAnakin