Mr. Sawyer Owns Us All With NWN2!!!

Volourn

I'm sure you all found this fascinating.

...Intriguing, it is... :p"

...now explain the whole "patches" thing... :)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

• Like 1

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

...I's not tryin' ta be a smartass, Josh...what I am worried 'bout is that, with the size o' NWN2, it isna gonna be chalk full o' gamestoppin' buggage...jus' how much time was/is given ta makin' it as clean as possible 'fore it be out the door???...or is we all in fer 'nother KotOR 2 rush job cuz yer behind schedule again???... :)

• Like 1

It's Sargallath.

...dear Gods; so there be someone 'ere that doesna wanna smooch wit' Josh's puckered starfish...sorry fer ruinin' yer fun, please continue... <_<

• Like 1

...I's not tryin' ta be a smartass, Josh...what I am worried 'bout is that, with the size o' NWN2, it isna gonna be chalk full o' gamestoppin' buggage...jus' how much time was/is given ta makin' it as clean as possible 'fore it be out the door???...or is we all in fer 'nother KotOR 2 rush job cuz yer behind schedule again???... :(

I'm sorry to inform you that by purchasing this disc you've corrupted your glowy hard drive.

Now that would top POR2.

Kinda sad that combat animations werent mentioned here, but that's something you can't really fix by patches, I guess. Not easily.

I'm sorry to inform you that by purchasing this disc you've corrupted your glowy hard drive.

...I's'd git rid o' all the cathodes/LEDs for a workin'-out-o'-the-box NWN2... :(

• Like 1

...I's not tryin' ta be a smartass, Josh...what I am worried 'bout is that, with the size o' NWN2, it isna gonna be chalk full o' gamestoppin' buggage...jus' how much time was/is given ta makin' it as clean as possible 'fore it be out the door???...or is we all in fer 'nother KotOR 2 rush job cuz yer behind schedule again???... :(

Gamestopping bugs = the game doesn't ship. That's not to say there will be absolutely no gamestopping bugs, but at this point, they should be extremely hard to create or the result of hardware issues. Most of the bugs I see these days are C or D priority bugs.

BTW, on Saturday, I'm leaving on a trip. If you don't hear from me before November, that's why.

BTW, on Saturday, I'm leaving on a trip.  If you don't hear from me before November, that's why.

... :( ...ya's instilled me wit' such confidence, I've complete trust in ya...very nice... :lol: ...

• Like 1

HAHA! :(

Anyways, Grom's doomsaying aside,  NWN2 won't be perfect (what game is?); but I expect it to be a fun game nontheless.

Yes it will be fun. Grommie is just a silly old man. :lol:

am not sure how anybody can be confident that game will be fun w/o having had a chance to play, and with full knowledge that game were having some serious development problems only a few months ago. and be honest with self if not Gromnir... if this were a bio game and not obsidian, and you were predicting success or failure of a bio game that lost lead developer with a few months left before release, and hours were estimated at "no more than 20" by ray and greg, and dm client were delayed and it were announced that cleric domains were getting no fixing, etc., most o' you would be throwing game development/developers under the bus. you is fans o' obsidian... so you gots Faith in obsidian.

nevertheless, Gromnir is a bit silly sometimes... and we is a man who is getting a bit crusty, so maybe you got a point.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

...odd ta see ye o' all peoples give ground...gittin' soft too???... :(

• Like 1

oh, and again, 'cause we knows that folks like vol is gots strange reading comprehension skills, we ain't saying that nwn2 is doomed... but being "confident" that nwn2 will be fun is just ridiculous unless you has been having a chance to actually test drive.

*shrug*

btw, ony true goulash is hungarian goulash. is a dish that appeals to Gromnir's sensibilities 'cause it is a dish that is all 'bout the initial preperation. if you planned right, then actual cooking of goulash is childsplay.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

...odd ta see ye o' all peoples give ground...gittin' soft too???... :(

is called "being reasonable." is what is different 'bout Gromnir as 'posed to most of the poseurs. over the past few months we gave developers a pretty hard time... from time to time. at this point what more is there to say? very shortly we will see if obsidian managed to pull themselves together and gets a good game made, or if they made epic terrible rpg goulash.

complain that there may be multiple patches?

HA!

yeah, Gromnir saves complaints for genuine concerns

Well, I'm not one to expect PC RPGs to be bugless on release. I just hope that NWN 2 does get the support that it'll need to thrive as the successor to NWN 1. Understandably, that's outside of Obsidian's control as a company, but fans probably won't make the distinction. To this end, all the calls for a guarantee from Feargus, etc., albeit comical, are understandable - people really want this game to succeed in the long-term as NWN 1 did. With such a passionate fanbase, failure can be deadly.

There are doors

btw, if you wanna encourage less bugs in initial games release, then don't preorder or buy on day 1. freaking moron.

HA! Good Fun!

is called "being reasonable."  is what is different 'bout Gromnir as 'posed to most of the poseurs.  over the past few months we gave developers a pretty hard time... from time to time.  at this point what more is there to say?  very shortly we will see if obsidian managed to pull themselves together and gets a good game made, or if they made epic terrible rpg goulash. 

complain that there may be multiple patches?

HA!

yeah, Gromnir saves complaints for genuine concerns

• Like 1

btw, if you wanna encourage less bugs in initial games release,  then don't preorder or buy on day 1.  freaking moron.

HA! Good Fun!

...I lives in Stellarton, Nova Scotia; in order ta git the LE (or e'en ta git the damnable game 'afore sometime in 2007), I had ta preorder or I goes wit'out...I ain't gittin' any since Susan's still gittin' o'er the miscarriage, so me arse has nigh a choice but ta plunk in front o' the rig when I ain't at work ta stay sane...I needed a new game, so I preordered; one can only play soo much BF2 an' Hitman... <_<

• Like 1

sorry sargy, but if bugs in initial release is as much of a concern as you suggest, then you would not have preordered... period. developers and publishers know that game junkies got no self control. game developers and publishers know that retailers base their initial order size based on preorder volume, so game developers and publishers offer some pointless crap to get as many folks as possible with 0 self control to preorder.

congrats on being one of the folks that gets ignored 'cause you couldn't wait, 'cause you proved to developers and publishers that your complaints 'bout bugs in initial release were just so much hot air.

HA! Good Fun!

"but being "confident" that nwn2 will be fun is just ridiculous unless you has been having a chance to actually test drive."

I *know* the game will be fun. It doesn't take a genius to figure out that the mathematical odds of it NOT being fun is less than .054321%.

I'll take my chances.

"congrats on being one of the folks that gets ignored 'cause you couldn't wait, 'cause you proved to developers and publishers that your complaints 'bout bugs in initial release were just so much hot air."

Game over.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Gamestopping bugs are bad. As long as it doesn't kill my harddrive and unplayable then I don't mind the bugs. Hell, NWN 1 was buggy all to hell, and if Obsidian can give NWN 2 the ame treatment that Bioware gave NWN 1 in post release support then we have nothing to worry about.

What are A, B, C, D catagory bugs?

My guess is A= deadly = game dies; B=crippling = game runs but is no fun.

But what about C and D?

As dark is the absence of light, so evil is the absence of good.

If you would destroy evil, do good.

Evil cannot be perfected. Thank God.

I'd venture to guess that C&D bugs are like the bug in KOTOR2 (hell, in Bloodlines as well) that made death animations during cutscenes screw up. Gas pours into the dormitories, and it shows people choking to death, falling down and then getting back up for some reason. Things like that, that don't directly affect gameplay. Clipping issues, etc. When a dwarf's beard disappears when he talks :(

Edited by Pop