Mr. Sawyer Owns Us All With NWN2!!!

Volourn

josh is screwed.

he comes in late to try and salvage a project that obviously were having problems.  he not get no chance to makes input when the Big Choices 'bout nwn2 were being made, but he had to be the guy who made sure that the game somebody elses envisoned gots completed by july or september or late october or whatever is new release date for nwn2. screwed.

somehow josh gots some terrible luck.  torn, fo3, bg3, iwd2, that midway game... all were either cancelled or pretty much hamstrung projects that never hada chance to be anything better than mediocre.  add nwn2 to list?

am thinking that josh gets screwed no matter what... got some kinda curse on him.  josh ever tell a gypsy woman to, "#$%& off!"?  joah ever bury his dfead dog in sacred indian burial ground?  ever take OPRAH's name in vain?

if one of the top kewl factors for nwn2 is special PrCs dresses for role-play barbie, then we is kinda worried.

HA! Good Fun!

Grommie you silly man. It's just an odd coincidence. :huh:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

The crafted items appear to be about as overpowered as those in BG2:SoA.

In other words, well-balanced for most people, overpowered for hardcore D&Ders or good players.

Although I expect if you crank up the difficulty level and don't powergame it could still be a fair challenge. I don't mind *too* much, esp. since it's from crafting and not... from a plot-related boss.

To understand why anyone would pick our game up or put it down, I set out on a three-week adventure through the highs and lows of the Neverwinter Nights 2 official campaign. There were, in fact, some lows. But, guess what, this article is meant to entice you to buy the game, so we'll skip the lows and go right to the highs. You should rest assured, though, as Obsidian's bug-fixing gnomes have constructed an antibug golem to automagically fix any and all problems I experienced during the course of my play-through.

Frank and sarcastic? The game has been in good hands.

josh is screwed.

he comes in late to try and salvage a project that obviously were having problems.  he not get no chance to makes input when the Big Choices 'bout nwn2 were being made, but he had to be the guy who made sure that the game somebody elses envisoned gots completed by july or september or late october or whatever is new release date for nwn2. screwed.

somehow josh gots some terrible luck.  torn, fo3, bg3, iwd2, that midway game... all were either cancelled or pretty much hamstrung projects that never hada chance to be anything better than mediocre.  add nwn2 to list?

am thinking that josh gets screwed no matter what... got some kinda curse on him.  josh ever tell a gypsy woman to, "#$%& off!"?  joah ever bury his dfead dog in sacred indian burial ground?  ever take OPRAH's name in vain?

if one of the top kewl factors for nwn2 is special PrCs dresses for role-play barbie, then we is kinda worried.

HA! Good Fun!

Not that I exactly care, but isn't it a tad bit early for doom and gloom?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sort of off-topic, but I think Josh deserve a lot of credit for being the only dev who has the patience and calm required to actually interact with the fan community. With the ignorance and sheer stupidity of some people, its a miracle that he can put up with it

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I hardly ever write "thanks" these days, but I guess that deserves it.

Thanks.

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Sort of off-topic, but I think Josh deserve a lot of credit for being the only dev who has the patience and calm required to actually interact with the fan community. With the ignorance and sheer stupidity of some people, its a miracle that he can put up with it

That would be here. There are more devs posting at the Bio forums, including Obs devs. :lol:

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Do not mistake my online personality for my real world attributes.  :(

i have nothing else to go on. besides, being my favorite source of inconsistency, lunacy and a host of other "cy"s, i feel compelled to interject such subtle (or not so) jabs when i can. it's just plain fun to pick on visceris.

a note to others, i've been listening to ole visc here probably since BG1 came out in 1998. volourn and visceris used to really go at it back in the day... a good 8 years of amusement i've had. ;)

taks

comrade taks... just because.

"I think Josh deserve a lot of credit for being the only dev who has the patience and calm required to actually interact with the fan community"

Eh? While Mr. Sawyer interatcing is great. It's fun when he smacks me down afterall. But, hes'; far from the only dev to do so.

So, you must be one of those ignorant people you post about?

Taks: 8 years? I don't think I've been on the internet that long. I believe I came on just before BG2 came out in 2000, IIRC.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Taks: 8 years? I don't think I've been on the internet that long. I believe I came on just before BG2 came out in 2000, IIRC.

then BG2 it was... 6 years. i wasn't posting as taks before BG2 anyway. mendolf was my primary character name at the time (and still is), so none of you would have known me anyway. i was only on, in the beginning, searching for answers to various problems, bugs, etc.

taks

comrade taks... just because.

josh is screwed.

HA! Good Fun!

Not that I exactly care, but isn't it a tad bit early for doom and gloom?

josh's pre-release piece is the typical kinda advertising/hype-building you always see before games is released, so we ain't gonna get too excited. who knows how josh honestly feels 'bout game?

be that as it may, Gromnir gots lots o' reasons to be concerned 'bout nwn2 going backs some 6 months now, shortly before josh took over as lead. is not early... is late. game release is only a few weeks away. if we were gonna predict doom for nwn2 we would have a very small window left during which our harbinger bit would be meaningful, 'cause after game is released...

remembers torn? torn were 'posed to be released 'round christmas. in june or july of same year the bis folks did a developer chat thing... claimed that they were still shooting for christmas release. month later we heard that torn were cancelled.

am not sure 'bout nwn2. honest. am not sure if it is doomed... but josh is screwed either way. already you gots the hardcore modders complaining that nwn2 is more like nwn 1.5... 'cause improvements in toolset is simply stuff the mod community had already done themselves. everything wrong on nwn2 is gonna be josh's fault, eventhough he has only been Lead Developer for a relative short time... and we is guessing that there is gonna be lots wrong with nwn2. if six months ago they gotta bring in josh to try and fix, and game were originally 'posed to be released in summer, then there were problems which probably shoulda' been addressed before josh came aboard... problems which probably gots bandage treatement as 'posed to honest to goodness fixing.

too soon to predict doom? hardly. that being said, we honestly ain't predictiong doom. am simply observing that nwn2 is gonna have flaws and that josh is gonna again be linked to a flawed game.

on bright side, nwn2 ain't been cancelled.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

"I think Josh deserve a lot of credit for being the only dev who has the patience and calm required to actually interact with the fan community"

Eh? While Mr. Sawyer interatcing is great. It's fun when he smacks me down afterall. But, hes'; far from the  only dev to do so.

josh is also pretty far from being patient and calm... though it seems like he is maturing. a few years ago it were pretty damned easy to gets him to blow his cap. gotta work a little harder nowadays.

that being said, josh does interact with community far more than does any other bis/obsidian developer. more important, josh gives feedback that is actually meaningful. lose temper on occasion? fine. adds a little flavor to community goulash... am s'posing that josh gets to be the hungarian paprika.

HA! Good Fun!

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

remembers torn?  torn were 'posed to be released 'round christmas.  in june or july of same year the bis folks did a developer chat thing... claimed that they were still shooting for christmas release.  month later we heard that torn were cancelled.

There

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

Geez... The people on this baord whine more about other boards than even the Codex does! WOWSERS!!!

Stop the whining about others' whining espicially when it doesn't effect you, or I'll have to whine more about you whining about others' whining and then someone will feel the need to whine about me whining about you whining about others' whining.

Gah.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Geez... The people on this baord whine more about other boards than even the Codex does! WOWSERS!!!

Stop the whining about others' whining espicially when it doesn't effect you, or I'll have to whine more about you whining about others' whining and then someone will feel the need to whine about me whining about you whining about others' whining.

Gah.

I swear I was about to post something like: "To save Volourn the time..." and follow it up with "whining about whiners", but I didn't, and now I wish I did.