Google bought YouTube

Bokishi

Just cause they bought one doesn't mean they're neccesarily going to give up on the other. YouTube is still a seperate entity that's not integrated into Google...at least for the moment.

I wonder if YouTube will soon have all the fun leeched out of it.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Oh, I don't mean that...that was bound to happen with a site that huge and so much in the spotlight. I'll miss old music videos if they disappear, but otherwise, don't care.

What I do mean is...more rules about original content, more censorship of original content...v-blogs being pulled, for instance, just because they insult sponsers....becoming less about user submissions and more about company ads/videos...which it's already doing to a degree. YT has to become profitable...and it's certainly not so, as it stands (buyout not withstanding).

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

:ermm:

But how Google hopes to make any profit from this?

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

The same way Google makes profit of anything else?

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Adds, yeah.

I just wish I have enough time to watch FMA through, before they take it off.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Only reason I ask is that I've heard several time how youtube makes serious financial losses all the time and company that would buy it would make serious mistake.

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

:lol:

Only reason I ask is that I've heard several time how youtube makes serious financial losses all the time and company that would buy it would make serious mistake.

True, but Tube now has the ad power of Google to back it up, so things could start changing.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

in that case, one could say the owners of YouTube made a very good deal...

but Google is a resourceful bunch, I'm sure they'll turn a profit nonetheless!

I think it's fair to say the YouTube people are pretty pleased right now regardless of what happens. If Google make a big profit out of this, they (the YouTube boys) will still know that such a feat probably wouldn't have been possible for them, what with being a much smaller company and all.

^Yes, that is a good observation, Checkpoint. /God

:)

Online ads are increasingly lucrative, and even prior to the Google acquisition YouTube was busy positioning itself to tap into that revenue. Over the past few months, YouTube brokered deals to share ad revenue with Warner Music, CBS and others.

Their new Terms Of Use policy offers another clue about the future of YouTube revenue streams and advertising agreements:

For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User Submissions. However, by submitting the User Submissions to YouTube, you hereby grant YouTube a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sublicenseable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the User Submissions in connection with the YouTube Website and YouTube's (and its successor's) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the YouTube Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.

In other words, YouTube claims equal ownership to all content. As a user, you still maintains your rights, but the fine print stipulates that GooTube's rights legally supercede yours. Clever.

Edited by blue

Very nice.