Wisdom vs Charisma

Which is more imporant?  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which is more imporant?

• Wisdom
    • Charisma

They each have their benefits. Both will increase your force powers upon level up. Say you have 14 Wisdom (+2) and 14 Charisma (+2) you would gain an extra 4 force points upon leveling up. Wisdom is more important so enemies have a harder time resisting your force powers as it adds Will modifiers. Wisdom also helps the Awareness and Treat Injury skills, and at a certain point in the game your Wisdom modifiers help increase your defense. Charisma helps the Persuade skill and using the force from different sides of allignment. Say you are using a dark side power but your character is light side. A higher charisma will reduce the force point cost. Charisma also gives your companions a better chance to hit. Finally, both will enhance the force heal power. +1 heal point for every wisdom and charisma modifier. Neither is necesarily better, rather each reflects your playing style and what build your looking for.

Wisdom is important when it concerns the Force. It factors in how many Force points you get whenever you level up.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

you need the "it depends" opstion as well as "equally important" ..

I would say Charisma, but that's just an indication of my particular playing style .. ^_^

Edited by Rosbjerg

Fortune favors the bald.

I personally like Charisma, but I was always a meleer, not a caster, thus the bonuses to Force stuff didn't matter to me much. And Force Storm/Lightning always worked just fine. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

They each have their benefits.  Both will increase your force powers upon level up. Say you have 14 Wisdom (+2) and 14 Charisma (+2) you would gain an extra 4 force points upon leveling up.

That's in K1. In K2, charisma does not increase force power gain per level.

What's your aligment? LS: Wisdom DS: Charisma

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I don't know if anyone mentioned it, but in K2 a high Charisma modifier adds a bonus to your companions attack and reduces the cost of using DS powers in a LS character and vice versa.

Edited by Mellypie
"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

I'm pretty balanced here. I use the Force a lot in a sort of "stun-then-run-in-slash" strategy, so while more FP would obviously be useful, I depend more on the strength of the FP which (according to the descriptions anyway) usually get contributions from Charisma and Wisdom so either is fine; but for the above reason (boosting team members) I will usually favour Charisma a bit more).

sigpic0yb.jpg

Pure Pazaak - The Stand-alone Multiplayer Pazaak Game (link to Obsidian board thread)

Pure Pazaak website (big thank you to fingolfin)

They each have their benefits.  Both will increase your force powers upon level up. Say you have 14 Wisdom (+2) and 14 Charisma (+2) you would gain an extra 4 force points upon leveling up.

That's in K1. In K2, charisma does not increase force power gain per level.

Ah, thanks for the information. I tested it in KotOR I. I must've forgot to in KotOR II, because I figured it would be the same.

Also Wisdom can open up further dialogue choices...

Including Will saves, assuming if Sentinel class is not taken. Especially for DS characters, considering that PC crystal adds bonus to Charisma rather than Wisdom stat. Suffice to say that Charisma adds slight bonus to allies' attacks apart from Persuade, being an important TSL skill.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

• 4 weeks later...

if you want to be a LS gardien or a sentinel weapon master, then charisma is very usefull because it allows you to use force storm and other DS powers with out any/much of the repercussions (for those who don't know, using it witha low charisma can slowly bring you down to DS). whilst wisdom has its uses, charisma is the clear winner for a fighter.

Edited by darth_underpants

look, at us here, in a hole, on the lam, with our hearts full of fear, what a rip, what a sham.

Take both Charisma and Wisdom. DS Sith lord mastery bonuses only give bonuses to max FP even with base class Consular but LS Jedi masters get +3 for Wisdom. (+6 for Consular/Jedi master)

Charisma can allow reduced cost for force powers and Wisdom will help increase max FP. Would go for Wisdom first, then Charisma, as the first increases FP and modifiers of both count towards force power being effective.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧