Vista gaming will be 10 to 15% slower than XP

Fionavar

We tried to watch a DivX film on a friends computer the other day and Vista made it all pixelated, like a VGA-effect. My friend claimed it was due to the ATI drivers but I havent seen anything like it before, and Vista has an image-degradation as part of its many DRM schemes

I thought the degradation thing was only with HDCP content. The pixellation you experienced could be a number of reasons other than the stupid new anti piracy measures.

Edited by Surreptishus

• 2 weeks later...

I have had no significant slowdowns.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Aw crap, this really is going to be the next ME isn't it?

Edited by thepixiesrock

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I have had no significant slowdowns.

What slowdowns have you had then?

In fact where's your review?

On the NWN2 forums. :p

At least how it much it concerns NWN2. I had to rework the settings but I am currently at 1400x1050 resolution, medium settings on all counts except I have high textures, normal mapping on, water effects off, soft shadows off, and bloom effects on which gives me on average 20 to 30 FPS.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

Yes, but I reworked them again. :aiee:

I am working with high tectures, normal mipmapping, medium shadows, soft shadows on, water effects off, bloom on, <4 lighting sources, 1024x768 x4AA resolution, and everything else at medium settings. Still getting 20 to 30 FPS, and now spiking almost to 50 FPS when inside.