NWN Mods

Dark_Raven

I am newish when it comes to NWN modding. Can you make a mod, like adding a new store clerk to an area to the original game?

The OC modules are read only and stored in a different area, but you can open them in the toolset. You just have to save them under a different name, and load them as a custom module.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I was playing Lego Star Wars II, and these jabba minions were rockin' with geetars to a rock remix of vader theme.

Uh, yeah. In NWN1 you could just Save As, then find it in misc modules. I'm not sure if that does anything to your inter-chapter progress, however.

I am newish when it comes to NWN modding. Can you make a mod, like adding a new store clerk to an area to the original game?

The OC modules are read only and stored in a different area, but you can open them in the toolset. You just have to save them under a different name, and load them as a custom module.

will it still load the next chapter or will you have to do it manually when the story switches?

Not necessarily.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

You just need to find the script that launches at the end of the mod and ensure that the next module that it loads up is currently named. Theoretically, I'd guess by default it would still load up the default campaign mods. In any case, you can export and reimport your character anyway.

Hadescopy.jpg

(Approved by Fio, so feel free to use it)

What I do is make a copy of the original. Take the original, and remove the read only tag. Modify, place it back in the directory and go. I tend to change the long sword holy avenger into a great sword holy avenger. Holy avengers should be great swords.

Edited by Judge Hades

Holy avengers should be great swords.

I disagree. Whenever I make a paladin, he tends to use either longswords or bastard swords. My greatsword using characters tend to be either barbarians or standard fighters.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I prefer Unholy Avengers.

The perfect weapon of choice for a vampire.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

It's a +2 hammer. Enchanted with lightning. It's yellow. And I need to get a life.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: