Mass Shadow Generator

I don't understand this plot element. It wasn't mentioned until the remote popped up on Malachor V, and when Goto appeared, I got even more confused. Apparently Goto didn't want the Mass Shadow Generator to be used, and yet after you fight Kreia you see the planet exploding.

So questions:

-What is the Mass Shadow Generator? Why does it rely on Republic ships that have been destroyed?

-What was Goto doing? He apparently failed to stop the destruction of Malachor V.

-Didn't Mira die because the Generator was used?

-How come you can't really make a choice? Apparently you follow Revan in all endings.

1. The Mass Shadow Generator is the weapon Bao-dur built at the end of the Mandalorian Wars. Under the Exile's orders, it was used at Malachor V and destroyed the Mandalorian fleet as well as many Republic soldiers and Jedi who were present. While I don't think we know for certain how it works, it somehow used the planet's gravity well to annihilate the fleets. It was the use of this weapon, and the deaths resulting from it, that led to the Exile being cut off from the Force.

The republic ships (I think) were being used to power up the MSG. I don't know if they had any other purpose.

2. G0-T0 was trying to stop the Remote from activating the MSG when the Exile told it to. G0-T0 had put programmed commands in the remote that prevented it from doing its job when G0-T0 stopped it. In the cut content, HK-47 was supposed to come in and, depending on how things had gone throughout the rest of the game, either kill "the fat one" or be stopped by HK-51 droids.

3. ...nobody knows. Cut content sucks at this point, as well as the general incompleteness of the endings. In the cut content, Mira, as well as your other Jedifiable party members, were supposed to confront Kreia before you got there, and fail miserably. This would lead to circumstances where (I'm not too sure about this bit) your exile would end up having the chance to help them out, but have to weaken his/herself to do so. As it is, we have no clue what happened to Mira afterwards, just like we don't know how the Ebon Hawk went from falling into a canyon to stopping by to pick you up from the Trayus core. Or what happened to your party members. Seriously, what were they doing, having a pazaak tournament?

4. You kind of make a choice. If your character is lightside at that point, you end up leaving in the Ebon Hawk, watching as Malachor V. is blown up behind you, and following Revan. If you have a darkside character, you get a clip of Kreia falling Emperor Palpantine-style into the Trayus core, then a slow zoomout on the core and the planet, implying that you're staying there being evil somehow. But no, you can't actually make a choice at that point. It's your alignment that decides it.

Edited by Lost Jedi

This is a funny one. I have looked into the Mass Shadow Generater to try and understand what it was.

It seems to work with gravity. Beyond this simple statement I could find no other refence to explain it.

Whoever it was that dreamped up this thing should say more about it. We would all like to know.

MSG is (indirectly) one of the main plot points in the whole game :mellow:

"What is it?"

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

I don't understand this plot element. It wasn't mentioned until the remote popped up on Malachor V, and when Goto appeared, I got even more confused. Apparently Goto didn't want the Mass Shadow Generator to be used, and yet after you fight Kreia you see the planet exploding.

There was no Sith to hold it together probably. I say this because I haven't played LS

Edited by DarthReliguim

As I interpreted it, the MSG basically increased the gravity well of Malachor V causing the planet to implode upon itself. When the Exile had Remote "reactivate" the MSG it reversed the effects causing the planet to break apart.

"They might not call you a Jedi anymore, but believe me, you are. It's not the sort of thing that you just stop being. You're stuck with it, just like you're stuck being the General." ~Bao-Dur, Knights of the Old Republic: The Sith Lords

lost jedi already said it all

How can it be a no ob build. It has PROVEN effective. I dare you to show your builds and I will tear you apart in an arugment about how these builds will won them.

- OverPowered Godzilla (OPG)

the mass shadow generator was able to manipulate Malachor 5's gravity into increasing geometrically. essencially they took tech from the Empire (the Interdictors) stuck it on a planet and let gravity have its way.

In laymans terms... it ramped up the gravity so much the planet and everything within a certain distance was drawn to a certain point so fast that they were all killed/crushed.

Not entirly sure how guys were walking around on the planet though.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Question one has been explained

G0T0 - acccording to cut content - is destroyed by HK 47 in the LS ending and the Remote is allowed to activate the MSG thus destroying Malachor 5 for good.

If you spoke to Kreia after defeating her, she tells you that Mira dies years later on some distant planet saving lives (LS) or she's killed years later by someone on Ord Mantell (DS).

As for the Ebon Hawk, I'm not sure. The alternative could be that the ship you see flying off in the distance is another ship (perhaps Kreia's). It's feasible that the Exile downloads vital information (Revan's whereabouts) from the Ebon Hawk into T3 before arriving at Malachor 5. This is merely my opinion based on the established events. The loose ends could easily be tied with a few explanations like these.