Which patch do I use?

Do I install just the 1.0b patch, located here, or do I also install the 1.0a patch, located here, before that? However I don't see a USA version of the 1.0a patch, so I assume us USA players only need to use the 1.0b patch, correct?

Also, are there any third party compilation patches which fix even more bugs?

Also, are there any third party compilation patches which fix even more bugs?

The people making the Restoration mod have some.

http://team-gizka.org/downloads.html

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The people making the Restoration mod have some.

http://team-gizka.org/downloads.html

Hmm, thats a lot of patches. Is there no compilation of them in a single installer, which has been tested to ensure the best compatibility between them all? I was kinda hoping for an unofficial patch for the game, similar to how a guy by the name of Wesp5 has been patching Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines over here:

http://www.forumplanet.com/planetvampire/t...643&tid=1958137

I guess what I mean is, are you totally sure that if I install all those patches, that nothing bad will happen? No reported side effects?

Edited by Mozgus

I never had any problems with the official 1.0b patch.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Hmm, thats a lot of patches. Is there no compilation of them in a single installer, which has been tested to ensure the best compatibility between them all? I was kinda hoping for an unofficial patch for the game, similar to how a guy by the name of Wesp5 has been patching Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines over here:

I haven't checked out version 3.0 of this socalled "patch", but if it is related to previous unoffical "patches", it's not so much a patch as a collection of bugfixes and mods, where you can't choose just to install the bugfixes and leave out the mods. Very poor design decision. Some people (i.e. Me) likes the original game minus the bugs, not being forcefed a modders interpretation of how I want to play it as the price for a bugfix. If a mod interests me, I'll happily download it and install it too.

For what it's worth, recommended upgrade path is the original Kotor 2 game, official patch 1.0b and if you have a decent internet connection, the updated media files for movies and audio. After that, you can pick and choose which of the bugfixes you want to download and install from Team Gizka and others. I've only tried the Gizka ones and they seem to coexist quite peacefully.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I haven't checked out version 3.0 of this socalled "patch", but if it is related to previous unoffical "patches", it's not so much a patch as a collection of bugfixes and mods, where you can't choose just to install the bugfixes and leave out the mods. Very poor design decision. Some people (i.e. Me) likes the original game minus the bugs, not being forcefed a modders interpretation of how I want to play it as the price for a bugfix. If a mod interests me, I'll happily download it and install it too.

Woooow. You have the wrong game, lol. I can't believe you typed up all that garbage. Wesp's Bloodline patch is entirely bug fixes. No mods. And all the bug fixes in it were made by him or friends, and were never released anywhere else. So you either stick with the unplayable retail product, or you use his patch.

Woooow. You have the wrong game, lol. I can't believe you typed up all that garbage. Wesp's Bloodline patch is entirely bug fixes. No mods. And all the bug fixes in it were made by him or friends, and were never released anywhere else. So you either stick with the unplayable retail product, or you use his patch.

Once more for the comprehension impaired:

I haven't checked out version 3.0 of this socalled "patch"

I pity you if your game was unplayable. My game (retail version + the official patch 1.2) worked quite well.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

We have a discussion on Bloodlines found here. Continue the discussion there.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Edit: Oh dear, right reply but wrong thread. :">

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.c...es/Patches;8180

For all the latest patches. Yes, 1.0b is the latest. The movie and music patches are optional but are nice if you have the space to download them.

I highly recommend each and every one of the restoration gameplay fixes. They fix many broken parts of the game and I've played a few times through with them installed. I never once encountered the escaped criminals until I installed the fix on their page.

I believe they kept the files seperated because

A: Someone might install a mod that could conflict with a fix. If you don't use mods then don't worry about a conflict.

B: For quite a while these fixes came out at regular intervals so stopping every week or so to create a combined fix pack would have been a bit more work than just releasing it as a seperate downloadable.

Just theories, but either way get all the gameplay fixes. They are nothing but bug fixes and make the game play more like it should have originally. The gameplay TWEAKS, misc and tools are a different story though. Read what those do and pick out only what you want. I personally only downloaded the gameplay fixes.

http://knightsoftheoldrepublic.filefront.c...es/Patches;8180

For all the latest patches. Yes, 1.0b is the latest. The movie and music patches are optional but are nice if you have the space to download them.

I highly recommend each and every one of the restoration gameplay fixes. They fix many broken parts of the game and I've played a few times through with them installed. I never once encountered the escaped criminals until I installed the fix on their page.

I believe they kept the files seperated because

A: Someone might install a mod that could conflict with a fix. If you don't use mods then don't worry about a conflict.

B: For quite a while these fixes came out at regular intervals so stopping every week or so to create a combined fix pack would have been a bit more work than just releasing it as a seperate downloadable.

Just theories, but either way get all the gameplay fixes. They are nothing but bug fixes and make the game play more like it should have originally. The gameplay TWEAKS, misc and tools are a different story though. Read what those do and pick out only what you want. I personally only downloaded the gameplay fixes.

Now that was an awesome post. Thanks a bunch. You covered everything. And yeah, the media patches are fantastic, and I was one of the many on the forums, raising hell about the poor music quality.

• 2 weeks later...

As mentioned get the Gizka fixes... they work fine together.

They will be combined in the Restoration Project mod... but untill that is done; you'll have to do with the seperate DL's

The movie-patch is too big for the payoff (which you can barely notice, if at all); the music one is worth it though

And as I always advise... STAY CLEAR OFF 1.0B. It breaks far more than it fixes (most which is unnoticable in an unpatched game anyway *sigh*)

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee