Uwe Boll Kicks the crap out of critics

Calax

That is just sad. The man is so pathetic that he has to beat up others. The man is an experienced boxer yet he had to pick on those who never boxed before. I bet it was a real confidence booster for him to beat up a 17 year old kid. This man has reached new depths in pathetic-ness.

Edited by Judge Hades

That is just sad.  The man is so pathetic that he has to beat up others.  The man is an experienced boxer yet he had to pick on those who never boxed before.  I bet it was a real confidence booster for him to beat up a 17 year old kid.  This man has reached new depths in pathetic-ness.

He challenged his critics and some of them accepted the challenge. What

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

The thing is, I actually respected Uwe's tenacity. What he lacked in skill as a director he never gave in to his critics and made movies as he saw fit to make them. This, is mere thuggery and nothing more.

He should be arrested for assaulting a minor.

17 years old.

Sorry, that is not an adult.  That is still very much a minor.

And as we all know 17 year olds have grasp of reality and Boll used his superior adult skillz to lure this poor unsuspecting child in to the boxing ring.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

No one forced Uwe to make movies either

I'm failing to find the point here. He opened an invitation and if someone feels like it, they could have accepted it. No one's forcing you to see Uwe Boll movies, so who give a crap if he wants to make them. You said he should be charged for assaulting a minor for pete's sake. So you don't like the guy....big whoop. The "No one forced Uwe to make movies" is a **** argument, plain and simple. You could just as easily say what's a stupid 17 year old doing getting into a ring with a guy that was an amateur boxer?

If the only way Uwe can find vindication through active violence on a kid then something is very much wrong with him.

It just seems like publicity for his new movie personally. And here we are talking about Uwe Boll, so it must have caught some attention.

Not only that, but Uwe will put his challengers in Postal as extras and stand ins in the movie, as well as include clips of the boxing fights in the movie.

But hey, no one forced Uwe Boll to make movies! propeller.gif

EDIT: Uwe Boll is a crappy director and probably took the event way too seriously.

Edited by alanschu

As I read up on it a bit more, it sounds like the critics had more of an impression that it was purely for PR. I don't know what was or was not said prior, nor what was disclosed on the waivers they'd probably have to sign, but if everyone else was thinking it was purely for PR and not going to involve any competitive boxing, then I'd agree it was a low thing to do.

The thing is, people hate Uwe Boll, so I'm not so sure criticisms towards the event are objective.

Having said that, the Lowtax fight was still hilarious.

Edited by alanschu

Hahaha, tough nerds get a beating. If they're stupid enough to enter the ring with a guy who's history they haven't even checked (so much for knowing his bio) then they deserve it.

I do think his movies are crappy, but man that was lol. :p

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

No one forced Uwe to make movies either. 

That's an absurd and non-sequitur comment.

If the only way Uwe can find vindication through active violence on a kid then something is very much wrong with him.

Mr Boll was defending his work. He didn't kidnap (ha ha!) the critics and force them to do battle with him.

Though I agree he should have used freedom of speech / right to pursue happiness as mandated under the US constitution, rather than "bear ams". :p)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Another perspective from Somethingawful forums.

Okay I am done drinking, and I'd like to post some more info before I forget it:
  1. There was an actual real critic who sparred with Uwe Boll a few nights ago, who was a real amateur boxer. Uwe refused to fight the guy in the ring; obviously he only wanted people with no boxing experience. Anyway, when Uwe was sparring with the dude, the critic / amateur had to quit sparring because Uwe "was taking it too seriously" and really trying to beat the **** out of the guy. So he just said **** it and left.

2. Apparently when we were in another room, Uwe declared he was going to beat the crap out of all of us and try to "win by knockout." You know, like kinda the OPPOSITE of "this is all a PR stunt we will have fun my movies don't suck" that he was saying before.

3. Like I mentioned before, Uwe said we would get training, boxing equipment, and lessons beforehand. None of us received any of this, which didn't quite worry us at the time since he kept saying it was just a PR stunt and he wasn't really going to box for real for serious blah blah blah. NEVER trust a German. Three of the guys didn't even have cups to protect their balls; the only reason I had a cup was because my wife bought me one.

4. The dude after me [sneider] was throwing up and had an EMT by his side for about an hour. He eventually had to have an oxygen mask on. The dude after him was all bloodied up and looked like crap. They too made the mistake of believing Uwe Boll when he said it was just a PR thing, since neither really trained.

A real stand up gentleman. Yeah. That was really funny. Oh yes, it was. :rolleyes:

Maybe it is because I am an Iowan, or maybe because I was raised a bit diiferently from you all, but I don't see the humor in someone getting beaten up to the point that they bleeding, puking, and needing medical attention.

Edited by Judge Hades

Another perspective from Somethingawful forums.
Okay I am done drinking, and I'd like to post some more info before I forget it:

1. ...
    some unreliable stuff here

2. Like I mentioned before, Uwe said we would get training, boxing equipment, and lessons beforehand. None of us received any of this, which didn't quite worry us at the time since he kept saying it was just a PR stunt and he wasn't really going to box for real for serious blah blah blah. NEVER trust a German. Three of the guys didn't even have cups to protect their balls; the only reason I had a cup was because my wife bought me one.

This commentary is immediately disqualified because the writer is guilty of hate-induced bigotry.

He's lucky he's not within my reach ...

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT