NWN Portraits

After your last advice how/where to put costum pictures, I began to make new ones for my own use

...and later for the modul I play with the thought to create. :shifty:

Here my first creation,

look out in the dark night for Edwin,

the reborn follower of Shar! :(

edwinxb6.png

Hope ya like it ^_^ ,

later I create more.

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Who is this cloaked man, who searches whole Faerun for a way to bring back his beloved to life?

pict2ta0.jpg

(working on a second portrait right now, where he is not cloaked)

EDIT:

hmm, i guess i rework this one, make it a little smaller and add a background too. :p

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

Personally the twinkly twinkly stars kill it entirely, and I would always prefer the earlier version.

But then, everyone else might love it. :p

Personally the twinkly twinkly stars kill it entirely, and I would always prefer the earlier version.

But then, everyone else might love it. :(

This is a neutral Sarevok, who tries to find a way to bring his girl back to life, with the actions the player takes he can become again CE or NG or stay True Neutral.

(it depends on HOW he brings her back)

there will be a darker, and a lighter version of him later both in warrior AND mage outfit (yep, player influences his decision on his path of class AND aligment :p )

EDIT: any other comments or suggestions?

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

It's not about what it's supposed to represent or juxtapose, no matter what the reason its twinkles just hurt. :rolleyes:

Anyway, moving on: with the purpled robe, the golden amulet becomes rather superimposed, which is especially noticeable in the more medium shot the stars one has, so that it looks like it's hanging in the air. Not sure how to fix that though. The face is great, and on closer inspection I'd probably prefer the non-stars version also for the fact that its 'zoom' is perfect for it.

Edited by Tigranes

Yeah, that sort of dark branch beside him reminds me of mistletoe or a branch from a christmas tree.

Having a background is a very good idea, love the one on edwin, looks awesome(except for the grey parts of the beard), but the second Sarevok doesnt look good at all. I dont suggest using it unless you plan to include Santa in your mod.

An ancient Vampire roams the lands, and a champion has been sent to deal with it.

keldornta5.png

(a golden armor with more blood on it than on the other armor,

the armor is a bit more detailed as the original one,

and he stands before a castle what the Order of the Radiant Heart recently bought.)

Still waiting for comments and suggestions. :blink:

IB1OsQq.png

Personally, I prefer neutral backgrounds. They should be as unobtrusive as possible.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Personally, I prefer neutral backgrounds. They should be as unobtrusive as possible.

In NWN the big portrait I post here is only visible when you chose a portrait for your character, and when you open the char menu.

In most time (95%) you will see the picture in this size:

keldorn2zf6.png

As you can see the background is quite unobstrusive in this size,

but I also checked the Star-N-Sarevok in this size and that was really a problem,

thats why I changed that.

IB1OsQq.png

I finished for today (but the work is not finished), and I show you what I did.

Today I worked mostly on Sarevok's fighter pictures (with a little Keldorn between them),

I guess most finished one is the evil version, good one isn't complete yet, and for the neutral i just had some ideas.

testrunshowln6.png

I must point out again, these aren't finished yet, just a little extra peek for you guys,

keep the ideas and comments coming, those give me strenght to work. :)

Night all :blink: (me Sandman)

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

In NWN the big portrait I post here is only visible when you chose a portrait for your character, and when you open the char menu.

keldorn2zf6.png

but I also checked the Star-N-Sarevok in this size and that was really a problem,

Very nice touch-up Jorian! Although I feel the colors don't seem to work together. The yellow of the gold is too obtrusive, besides it doesn't really look like having properties of gold. This is even more obvious with the B&W background. For backgrounds I prefer to stay in a similar color-range, or maybe toying around with the complementary color. I few touch-ups with clouds with the digital airbrush/Eraser-combo often do the trick. And for even more subtly, try conveying reflection lights/colors of you environment.

keldorn2zf6.png

Very nice touch-up Jorian! Although I feel the colors don't seem to work together. The yellow of the gold is too obtrusive, besides it doesn't really look like having properties of gold. This is even more obvious with the B&W background. For backgrounds I prefer to stay in a similar color-range, or maybe toying around with the complementary color. I few touch-ups with clouds with the digital airbrush/Eraser-combo often do the trick. And for even more subtly, try conveying reflection lights/colors of you environment.

I am realy not sure why you say it doesn't look golden. :blink:

Gold comes in real in many variables, and in many clearness. Also in fantasy gold doesn't have to be a soft metal, or one that 'moves' electricity (not remembering correct word).

Here, these are all gold:

testrunshowfc9.png

Please explain what exactly is the problem with it so I can correct the picture. :)

IB1OsQq.png

keldorn2zf6.png

I am realy not sure why you say it doesn't look golden. :blink:

Gold comes in real in many variables, and in many clearness. Also in fantasy gold doesn't have to be a soft metal, or one that 'moves' electricity (not remembering correct word).

Here, these are all gold:

testrunshowfc9.png

Please explain what exactly is the problem with it so I can correct the picture. :)

too yellow. doesnt look like metal. you need to add some lens flare or something, to make it look all reflective.