NWN 2 Henchmen

Dark_Raven

Of course. Why get your hands dirty when you have others who can do it for you?  :blink:

Only if they're worthy of dying by your hand, or your trying to prove a point. ;)

Carth, would be neither.

Poor Mission killed by her good friend Zaalbar for following your will.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

I couldn't care less about killing CNPCs, I'd be perfectly happy if you could simply eject a KOTOR CNPC when they've stopped being integral to the story, ie goto for the entire game. I fully expect that Carth and Bastila would be unkillable, taking them out would detract from the narrative that Bioware had tried to implement.

That all having been said, I don't think it's a huge, terrible mistake to make all the CNPCs unkillable. It seems to me like making everybody expendable would take a lot of teeth out the rather linear games that Bioware makes. That's the problem that you face when you make more characters than the PCs integral to the storyline.

Where did i claim you could kill any and all npcs? Please share the 'evidence' where I state that. Thank you for your cooperation in this endeavour. :)

:huh::(:blink: You forget what you post?

QUOTE(Volourn @ Oct 14 2006, 06:35 PM)

"Not in Kotor."

Yes, in KOTOR. I killed many npcs - joinable and otherwise. What KOTOR game did you play? It musta been the ultra secret version.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Where did i claim you could kill any and all npcs? Please share the 'evidence' where I state that. Thank you for your cooperation in this endeavour. :)

"Not in Kotor."

Yes, in KOTOR. I killed many npcs - joinable and otherwise. What KOTOR game did you play? It musta been the ultra secret version.

Actually, he said many, not all. :)

That gives him some leeway. :p

I couldn't care less about killing CNPCs, I'd be perfectly happy if you could simply eject a KOTOR CNPC when they've stopped being integral to the story, ie goto for the entire game. I fully expect that Carth and Bastila would be unkillable, taking them out would detract from the narrative that Bioware had tried to implement.

That all having been said, I don't think it's a huge, terrible mistake to make all the CNPCs unkillable. It seems to me like making everybody expendable would take a lot of teeth out the rather linear games that Bioware makes. That's the problem that you face when you make more characters than the PCs integral to the storyline.

I don't care for the idea of being able to kill party members but I sure as heck want to be able to eject/rotate NPCs. I think it's great to tell the story using the party members, PST-style but please don't make them all indispensable. And even if someone has a really important story bit to tell, make him releasable once he gives up the clue he has.

I also like the idea that NPCs can be killed on the missions...nothing wrong with having the KOTOR-style approach were, as long as the PC survives, they all survive...just give each NPC a "vulnerability zone", some place where that is not in play...different for each character.

I also want slots for hirelings, non-sentient droids, and (upgradeable) vehicles.

And I think the ship's captain should determine where party members sleep....the captain can use that as a bargaining chip in conversation (i.e. "Do as I say or you're sleeping in the Engine Room", etc).

And now back to the NWNs discussion....

According to the toolset these are some NPCs with their own starting packages:

Grobnar - Bard

Zhjaeve - Cleric

Elanee - Druid

Khelgar - Fighter

Shandra - Fighter

Construct - Fighter

Bevil - Fighter

Khelgar - Monk (Too much dwarf for just one package.)

Casavir - Paladin

Bishop - Ranger

Neeshka - Rogue

Qara - Sorcerer

Ammon Jerro - Warlock

Sand - Wizard

Amie - Wizard

I'm not clear how which are player companions however.

Edited by Nartwak

Only one cleric? Well, if she's an idiot, I know what is a good starting class for a regular D&D party composition. A cleric. Furthermore, why so many fighters? Where are the rogues and all the wacky prestige class dudes and dudettes. Well, it could be just that it doesn't list them

Edited by Musopticon?
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

I think I won this 'argument' with Raven, and I don't have to add anything. My minions squashed her. Sorry. I usually enjoy that kind of fun too. :(

Musc: Don't forget the druid there too. They got heal spells too which is what people usually are whining about when it comes to lack of clerics. Remember folks, clerics are more than just walking bandages. This isn't 1980. :huh:

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I noticed the druid. Does 3.5 give them raise dead-like spells?

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

Argh, I hate how they lack those spells in D&D. It's always the one thing that takes them off my list. Until we get bleeding rules, I need those spells. So, I guess I don't take a druid aboard this time either. Unless it has amazing wit or performs some much-needed role other than healer.

kirottu said:

"Not in Kotor."

Did you actually read what you quoted? These two posts do NOT contradict each other.