NWN 2 Henchmen

Dark_Raven

You have a BG-like party of up to four people, including the PC. You have full control over their actions.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKIN!  (w00t)

Best party member ever...  besides Minsc and Boo.

STFU

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

With four members it means I can have a mini army again.  :thumbsup:

Especially if you add in familiars, animal companions, summoned critters, and what not.

I remembered summoning a dire boar. He was cute. :p After the fight he was still around for a bit, I went looting the treasure chests, which were locked and he would bash them for me.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Party control is certainly going to be a step up from the henchman system in the original, but as I understand it, you still don't get absolute control of your companions. You do get to fully control their actions in battle and the like, but when it comes time to level, they'll choose which class to level themselves, albeit with some input from your character if you've built up enough trust / influence with that particular companion.

Seems reasonable to me, as long as they tend to stick with their original class throughout the game (unless you nudge them along a different path intentionally), so I don't end up with some gimped multi-class abomination cluttering up the party slot where my healer should be.

I think you get full control of their actions in combat, from swapping equipment, spell casting, who they attack etc. Basically like KOTOR.

When they lvl up their class is fixed but you get to choose how they spend their points. The influence thing is if you want to get them to change class.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

"NWN didn't make that possible, you had to boot one out to gain the other."

Sure, it did. I do it all the time when playing NWN.

Hades: Both Deekin, and Minsc have to be the two most overrated BIO npcs of all time. Disgusting.

Anyways, so far, the announced npcs for NWN2 are 50-50.

Yay for dwarf and elf. Boo for the other crappies.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

I don't know what you all are talking about. I thought Aribeth was probably the only good thing about the NWN OC. The only good thing. I rather liked the way HotU wrapped things up, really.

I'm willing to play through the actual game and milk the CNPCs before I make any judgements on them. Saying any of them are actually stupid, as opposed to simply appearing so, would be irrational and premature. So I'm remaining optimistic.

I find making Dead is Dead NPCs will more often than not just result in people loading their game more frequently.

What would be super awesome r0x0r fun, would be if the story in some way acknowledged the death of a party NPC character later down the road, giving a slightly unique experience.

DEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEKIN!  (w00t)

Best party member ever...  besides Minsc and Boo.

STFU

1. Don't speak with other forumates like this.

2. Judge is right.

NPC-s would be nice to see from the BG series also, and the NPC-s from NWN and its expansions (+Darkness over Daggerford)

Aribeth is one of the best npcs EVER in a game. EVER.

I like her, but it doesn't make her the best, she is like Bastila's twin.

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

I can build an Aribeth shrine in my stronghold, right?  Right?

Of course. :)

What would be super awesome r0x0r fun, would be if the story in some way acknowledged the death of a party NPC character later down the road, giving a slightly unique experience.

That would be good, yeah.

I suspect it would be a little difficult to write the script, however. Here's how I would start: the general particulars of the way the character died (fighting whom and where) and (presumably the PC would survive!) the sucessful conclusion of said battle could even be named after the martyred character ..!

I find making Dead is Dead NPCs will more often than not just result in people loading their game more frequently.

And the evidence is:

ForEverever?  ForEverever?  ForeverEVER!

Yes. (Though you can still loot the body ... :- )

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

She is better than Bastila. Afterall, Bastila is nothing more than an Aribeth rip off.

:-

Right.

Which is really just the reverse and means not!

Bastila rules over Aribeth.

Concerning the NPCs I look forward to having four in your group compared to one from the original game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester