8800 GTX pix0rz

Bokishi

That's one ugly beast. And to imagine that the G80 (8X00 series) is supposed to demand 175W peak.. while ATI's equivalent, the R600, is supposed to need up to 200W peak! If the G80 needs air + water cooling, what will the R600 demand? That you constantly pour liquid nitrogen on it? :thumbsup:

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Needs fan and watercooling daaaaaaang

That's just plain-ass dumb. It adds an huge addition cost to the user that is just trying to keep ahead of the game. Incorporate peltier cooling into the graphics board and have done with the water cooled portion. Thermo-electric cooling=70 watts per unit. Requiring water-cooling is just stupid.

Ruminations...

When a man has no Future, the Present passes too quickly to be assimilated and only the static Past has value.

That looks pretty much exactly like an old Gf6000 series card with a bit of homebrew plumbing added. I very much doubt Nvidia would releease a card that required watercooling since few people have the basic skills required to set it up.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

...not ta mention the TWO 6-pin PCI-E power connectors!!... ;)

...WHO LUVS YA, BABY!!...

A long, long time ago, but I can still remember,
How the Trolling used to make me smile.
And I knew if I had my chance, I could egg on a few Trolls to "dance",
And maybe we'd be happy for a while.
But then Krackhead left and so did Klown;
Volo and Turnip were banned, Mystake got run out o' town.
Bad news on the Front Page,
BIOweenia said goodbye in a heated rage.
I can't remember if I cried
When I heard that TORN was recently fried,
But sadness touched me deep inside,
The day...Black Isle died.

For tarna, Visc, an' the rest o' the ol' Islanders that fell along the way

With this beast arriving soon through my mailbox for a mere 270

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

http://www.dailytech.com/article.aspx?newsid=4441

An article on the technical specs behind the G80. Geez, is all I have to say..

Dear GOD! No wonder you need to nitro-cool it... :blink::o:o

Edit: removed specs and comments, since there seems to be some speculation on the nature of the 128 "stream processors" on the G80.

Edited by angshuman

I wonder what the fps would be in a game like Ut2k7 or Crysis with that beast of a card.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

I dont think Crysis is going to run well on anything less than a monster SLI system.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "