Influence

It seems that I've gotten to the part where I've asked Atton about his past, and he simply refuses...'Maybe it's better that way. I'm simply not the sharing kind of guy'. This doesn't change anywhere I go, and I'm on Korriban now, after having done all the other planets. Is there any chance of gaining more influence with him to train him?

And how do I get the Disciple to become a Dark Sider if I'm a Dark Sider?

TSL game has certain occasions where influence gains are possible. Might have likely either missed some conversation periods to gain influence with Atton. Could gain influence with him twice, just after boarding Harbinger after fight with HK-50 droid and also when Atton mentions having a bad feeling before your party is ambushed by Sion. A third time might be on Dantooine, after asking sullustan vendor Akkhere about hydrospanner found in one of droids from Administration building. You need to speak to Administrator Adari to gain access to room with droids.

Usually three influence gains with Atton might be enough to trigger a few conversations about his past on Nar Shaddaa, though there are also a few other places where influence gains are possible.

Edited by vaxen83

Deep from within...

Victims live a life of fantasy.

Some see salvation as an act of God, a few look within for it.

朱宣澧

Disciple -

Grit teeth and take the Light Side hits to gain high influence with him early on, and then as you become DS/take DS points he will as well. If you're pretty late in the game already, there's not too much point in it, IMO.

If you gain enough(max?) negative influence, if I recall correctly it achieves the same thing - aka you've broken their will/spirit.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

^ I have seen that mentioned before but I am yet to try it...If what you mean is, that if you have to keep loosing influence so the npcs think your a complete jerk then they become Jedi by themselves?

If your playing female and take Atton with you into the Jedi ruins on Dantooine there is an extra influence moment when Disciple joins your party.

If you kill the Twilek Mercenary that wants you to rescue him in the Military Installation on Telos you can get influence with Atton, but also loose it with Bao unless you kinda cheat by leaving him behind for a bit. Of course killing innocents will get you influence with Atton. However I think you would loose it with Disciple, damned goody goody.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

^ I have seen that mentioned before but I am yet to try it...If what you mean is, that if you have to keep loosing influence so the npcs think your a complete jerk then they become Jedi by themselves?

No, not by themselves...it just achieves the same thing as having high positive influence...ie, it opens up the Jedi conversations.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

....I see, I must have misread that earlier post or they were telling porkies, although tis more likely that I misread it. Thankyou Lady Crimson :shifty: *givescookie*

On Narshadda you can get Influence with Atton by letting him unlock the speeders security interface. Use the nice option. To quote Kriea,~You can always have your way with the weak-minded through flattery.

S.A.S.I.S.P.G.M.D.G.S.M.B.

I've heard you can get Disciple to be a Jedi within the space of one conversation. Which choices do you have to pick to get him to be one?

And what about Bao-Dur? I find he seems the most difficult to Jedify. Right now I'm on Nar Shadaar, are there any places there he can be influenced? I looked at the Influence Guide, and that guy who gets threatened by the Exchange thugs near the Entertainment District doesn't net ANY influence for Bao-Dur as far as I can tell.

And though I got Atton to become a Jedi, he seems to have no further dialogue, and most annoyingly, I remember how for the slaughters I committed in the Flophouse, he commented saying things like 'This is good' or 'We sure got him on it' and yet no 'influence gained' message popped up.