Clinton pwns Fox News...

Lucius

Billy gets pissed with Fox News reporter in an interview, and when I hear what an eloquent man like him has to say, I fear for our future when I think about how people, of our greatest ally, elected Retardo... twice to lead the free world. :)

DENMARK!

It appears that I have not yet found a sig to replace the one about me not being banned... interesting.

Sheesh...this from the idiot who dropped the ball when it came to Bin Laden and is one of the reasons for 9/11 happening in the first place. Typical liberal bull****. What sickened me is how he tried to rationalize and make pathetic excuses for his actions while dodging the point, as usual. And as for those individuals who have the nerve to call Fox news unfair...well they obviously haven't read the New York Times. This is nothing new. He's done this ever since 9/11. Sure he 'precided' over a great economy but he made many blunders when it came to our own homeland security. Not that old Bushie is any better, but at least he had the guts to get his hands dirty in Afghanistan before going on his little tour of Iraq. Great man? Yeah right.

Sheesh...this from the idiot who dropped the ball when it came to Bin Laden and is one of the reasons for 9/11 happening in the first place.  Typical liberal bull****.  What sickened me is how he tried to rationalize and make pathetic excuses for his actions while dodging the point, as usual.  And as for those individuals who have the nerve to call Fox news unfair...well they obviously haven't read the New York Times.  This is nothing new.  He's done this ever since 9/11.  Sure he 'precided' over a great economy but he made many blunders when it came to our own homeland security.  Not that old Bushie is any better, but at least he had the guts to get his hands dirty in Afghanistan before going on his little tour of Iraq.  Great man?  Yeah right.

I doubt we'll ever know the full story.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

What? It's not as if it's classified. Fact is, sure Bill can say he tried. But we don't need to hear his excuses or rationalizations, or how we should all read **** Clark's book. And we definitely don't need him claiming Bush didn't do enough to prevent 9/11 when he let Bin Laden get away himself. Crap like this doesn't help our situation at all. We need people to just take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming others. Bill tried, but he screwed it up. Bush tried harder, he screwed it up.

The reaction to the interview is pretty much predictable. People who liked Slick Willie praised his performance; people who like FOX still think he's a degenerate liar.

What the interview really was was a very shrewd political move for the Democrats. Midterm elections are in less than 6 weeks, and in American midterm elections, you win when you fire up your base to turn out better than the other side's base. Clinton knew the interviewer was going to challenge him on terrorism issues. He deliberately went on FOX so that they would, and so that he could attack them, which gets activist base excited. It also dominates headlines for a few days, which once again brings out the debate over how (in)effectively his and the current administrations have fought terrorism. This gets all the talk shows once again about all the mistakes leading up to the 2001 attacks, and remind the public that the Bushies haven't caught Bin Laden yet.

Politics is so exciting, isn't it. ;)

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

What? It's not as if it's classified. Fact is, sure Bill can say he tried. But we don't need to hear his excuses or rationalizations, or how we should all read **** Clark's book. And we definitely don't need him claiming Bush didn't do enough to prevent 9/11 when he let Bin Laden get away himself. Crap like this doesn't help our situation at all. We need people to just take responsibility for their actions and stop blaming others. Bill tried, but he screwed it up. Bush tried harder, he screwed it up.

Hey, atleast give the guy some credit for admitting that he failed on catching Bin Laden. What politican admits failing at anything?

And keep your eyes off most commercial news-channels.

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

"That was a bull**** interview. They told Clinton that he was going to be talking about charities"

Not quite. They told Cllintion HALF the questions would be about the work. They made no guarantees about the other half.

I like Clinton. i prefer himover Bush any day. Anyways, he's right and wrong in the interview. Meh.

Edited by Volourn

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Fox is the most biased news station of the major news networks. Tony Snow who worked at Fox News now is the Presidents press secretary. Bill O'Rielly is a joke.

I'm glad Wallace got his ass handed to him by Clinton, Wallace asked for it. He was wording his sentences in biased against Clinton, and then he tried not to give Clinton time to asnwer his questions. Wallace should have started with the Global effort Bill requested then gone onto the freetime.

Whatever was the cause for Bill Clinton laying the smack down, whether it be him being blamed for 911 because of false pretenses by the right wing, elections or plane anger at Fox news, it woke the democrats up. They might be too late though.

Bill Clintons Bipartisan attitude was questionable if you ask me because the republicans are smacking half the country around.

Democrats need 6 seats, its looking tough but not impossible.

Always outnumbered, never out gunned!

Unreal Tournament 2004 Handle:Enlight_2.0

Myspace Website!

My rig

Sheesh...this from the idiot who dropped the ball when it came to Bin Laden and is one of the reasons for 9/11 happening in the first place.  Typical liberal bull****.  What sickened me is how he tried to rationalize and make pathetic excuses for his actions while dodging the point, as usual.  And as for those individuals who have the nerve to call Fox news unfair...well they obviously haven't read the New York Times.  This is nothing new.  He's done this ever since 9/11.  Sure he 'precided' over a great economy but he made many blunders when it came to our own homeland security.  Not that old Bushie is any better, but at least he had the guts to get his hands dirty in Afghanistan before going on his little tour of Iraq.  Great man?  Yeah right.

Politician looking for excuses? That shouldn't come as a surprise. It is in a politician's nature to protect his image. What Clinton pointed out is that the right wing is not only looking for excuses for their mistakes but also wrongfully shifting their blame onto their predecessors. It didn't matter who ought to shoulder more blame for 9/11 between Clinton and Bush since both are guilty of failing to protect the country. Yet, the right wing and their henchman from Fox News have been constantly trying to paint the picture that 9/11 was inevitable since the Clinton administration. Now when Clinton makes the counter-argument and they blame him of playing politics. What hypocrisy! At least, focus your attacks on his arguments and not his mannerism.

Two Clintons?

Politician looking for excuses? That shouldn't come as a surprise. It is in a politician's nature to protect his image. What Clinton pointed out is that the right wing is not only looking for excuses for their mistakes but also wrongfully shifting their blame onto their predecessors. It didn't matter who ought to shoulder more blame for 9/11 between Clinton and Bush since both are guilty of failing to protect the country. Yet, the right wing and their henchman from Fox News have been constantly trying to paint the picture that 9/11 was inevitable since the Clinton administration. Now when Clinton makes the counter-argument and they blame him of playing politics. What hypocrisy! At least, focus your attacks on his arguments and not his mannerism.

Neither Bush nor Clinton have accepted responsibility for 9/11, even though both can take their own share of the blame. But Bill Clinton did not make things any better during his time in the oval office. Bill Clinton had criticized Bush for not doing enough to prevent 9/11. He had more of an opportunity than Bush did at first to get bin Laden. He had the reason and the opportunity. What if Bush had decided to go after bin Laden right off the bat when he first came into office? It probably would not be much different than what you see today with Iraq. All these cries of American aggression and an unprovoked, unjust war. You would probably have many people accusing him of just trying to finish what Clinton started.

Bill Clinton could have avoided that if he had chosen to actually aggressively pursue bin Laden after he initially attacked the U.S. He had an opportunity, and he squandered it. Thanks to him, it probably was inevitable. The plans for 9/11 were concieved as early as 1999. Nobody would have guessed that terrorists were planning on flying planes into buildings. With the warnings the BA recieved, everyone expected a typical hijacking, which the report seemed to indicate. Clinton however, did not make bin Laden a big issue during his final years as a President. Then he tries to blame Bush for not doing enough. That is hypocrisy. And yes, he is playing politics. Both sides are playing politics. But don't try to make it seem like one side is more guilty than the other. Bill Clinton is just as, if not more guilty than Bush for 9/11. The people have every right to place the blame on his shoulders. Of course, ultra-liberals won't do that, neither will the vast majority of the media. The media has always been liberally biased. And when Fox News comes around, everyone accuses it of bias. They don't do it because of facts, mind you, they do it because they present an alternate viewpoint. So many liberals simply dismiss it as mindless conservative bullcrap propaganda without actually trying to prove how or why it is so.

Edited by Dark Moth

The only folks responsible for 9/11 are the folks who planned it and flew planes into buildings. Blaming politicians will not resolve anything.

There are also quite a few people on the radar as security threats. People act like Osama Bin Laden was numero uno before 9/11. He is now, but you can't predict stuff like this.

The blame game is a waste of time. Let's play the "enact change for the better" game.

Neither Bush nor Clinton have accepted responsibility for 9/11, even though both can take their own share of the blame. But Bill Clinton did not make things any better during his time in the oval office. Bill Clinton had criticized Bush for not doing enough to prevent 9/11. He had more of an opportunity than Bush did at first to get bin Laden. He had the reason and the opportunity. What if Bush had decided to go after bin Laden right off the bat when he first came into office? It probably would not be much different than what you see today with Iraq. All these cries of American aggression and an unprovoked, unjust war. You would probably have many people accusing him of just trying to finish what Clinton started.

Bill Clinton could have avoided that if he had chosen to actually aggressively pursue bin Laden after he initially attacked the U.S. He had an opportunity, and he squandered it. Thanks to him, it probably was inevitable. The plans for 9/11 were concieved as early as 1999. Nobody would have guessed that terrorists were planning on flying planes into buildings. With the warnings the BA recieved, everyone expected a typical hijacking, which the report seemed to indicate. Clinton however, did not make bin Laden a big issue during his final years as a President. Then he tries to blame Bush for not doing enough. That is hypocrisy. And yes, he is playing politics. Both sides are playing politics. But don't try to make it seem like one side is more guilty than the other. Bill Clinton is just as, if not more guilty than Bush for 9/11. The people have every right to place the blame on his shoulders. Of course, ultra-liberals won't do that, neither will the vast majority of the media. The media has always been liberally biased. And when Fox News comes around, everyone accuses it of bias. They don't do it because of facts, mind you, they do it because they present an alternate viewpoint. So many liberals simply dismiss it as mindless conservative bullcrap propaganda without actually trying to prove how or why it is so.

I love the hypocrisy here, I think I'm going to go make a thread painting a conservative politician in a good light so I can see the other side of it.

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

What caused the ball drop with Osama Bin Ladin was when we, the United States of America, supported him and Al Qaeda through funds and training back when Bush Sr. was head of the CIA. If we never gotten involved and placed him in a position of power Osama and his organization would have never reached the power it came to know.

Osama threat was there before both Clinton and Bush Jr, and those in power did nothing but encourage and supported the terrorist.

Well I had to find the interview on YT since I hate QT...from my unpolitical viewpoint it didn't seem like he was 'making pathetic excuses' - he says several times that he didn't get him and that he regretted it and trying to explain the events or reasons for failure doesn't seem pathetic, it feels reflective and acknowledging that he's only one man and sometimes timing, political atmosphere of the day etc. combine to equal certain results, good intentions or not.

That said, it also does appear to me, only from watching the interview, that he wasn't surprised into his verbage by being 'jumped on' right then. So while Clinton has a gift for speech and analytical thinking (most of the time...) it seemed obvious that Clinton had the agenda of saying what he said from the get go, maybe in reaction to other things, maybe as a political influence move, whatever - which feels a bit petty or manipulative, if that's the case, even if it's fun to watch. :thumbsup:

I'd have to agree that there is no single blame factor & the 'armchair blame game' is usually unproductive. I doubt many of us could do better when out of the armchair and faced with political decisions that are not typically made/created by a unilateral/lone-ranger process.

Edit: grammar again, argh

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I can smell the political hay. It's certainly necessary (the Dems need something to be riled up about, and they sure as hell aren't man enough to protect Habeus Corpus) but it had the definite whiff of spectacle about it, even if it wasn't scripted.

T'ain't gonna win any House seats for them, though.

Hey, atleast give the guy some credit for admitting that he failed on catching Bin Laden. What politican admits failing at anything?

And keep your eyes off most commercial news-channels.

That was pure gold right there. Something that our little Uutisvuoto can never catch. Then again, our media isn't that biased outside Pirkka kissing SAK's ass.

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds