Prison justice

Gfted1

Linky

Inmate Tattooed With Child Victim's Name

Sep 28, 2:20 PM (ET)

CARLISLE, Ind. (AP) - An inmate serving a life term for molesting and killing a 10-year-old girl named Katie somehow got "Katie's Revenge" tattooed across his forehead, and prison authorities were trying to determine how it happened.

The Indiana Department of Correction placed Anthony Ray Stockelman, 39, in protective custody away from the general inmate population last weekend after authorities discovered the tattoo, said Rich Larsen, a spokesman for the Wabash Valley Correctional Facility.

Stockelman was sentenced to life in prison after pleading guilty to abducting, molesting and killing Katlyn "Katie" Collman. Katie was missing for five days before her body was found Jan. 30, 2005, in a creek about 15 miles from her home in the southern Indiana town of Crothersville.

Larsen refused to comment on what Stockelman has said about it or what else investigators have learned. He said he did not know how a picture of the crude tattoo was taken and distributed outside the prison, including on the Internet.

Collman's father, John Neace, said he heard about the tattoo from friends and believes it was the work of inmates.

"If I had to guess I'd say it's a statement from the inmates," he said Wednesday. Neace said has no idea whether his late daughter's distant cousin, who is also serving time at Wabash, played any role.

Stockelman's tattoo, which covers nearly his entire forehead, has "KATIE'S" in large letters and "REVENGE" below in smaller letters.

The search for Katie, a bright child who enjoyed basketball and the Disney Channel, had consumed Crothersville. Police initially believed she was abducted and slain so she would not reveal methamphetamine activity in her neighborhood.

Investigators had interviewed Stockelman early on because he matched the description of a man seen with the girl. Then another man told police that he was involved in the murder. That confession was eventually shown to be false as evidence pointed investigators back to Stockelman and DNA from the crime scene was found to match his.

A message seeking additional comment left Thursday for an Indiana Department of Correction spokesman was not immediately returned.

Yes, I know its not right to be amused but I am. Ive always heard there was a "prison code" wherein other inmates consider child abusers the lowest on the totem pole and enact their own form of justice. Interesting that the childs cousin is in the same prision. Coincidence that he got tattooed? I think not. :)"

One of those ones where one wonders what we have prisons for.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wait... so you're saying its OK to torture people? So long as they're bad...

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Being "bad" and "molesting then murdering a 10-year-old girl" are two slightly different things.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Eye for an eye is a beautiful thing. Not.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

It is a shame in most countries (mine included) Death Penalty is no longer given...

And then whine about "Prison shortages" and "released ones getting into crime again" <_<

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

So well they give them a house next to a school at release :-

Edit; and don't forget the job as teacher

Politicians...

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Eh, somebody may remember that Al-Zarqawi thread....which was fun...so I won't get into this again.

But I'm in full agreement with Ms. Vampire, and Pope's right too.

And Feng....for shame. Bastard made me grin at something terrible. :-

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

I'm just saying that we find it easy to talk about 'justice' but we get kinda squeamish, correctly or not, when we see what that means. As for reform, protection and punishment are two different things. I could lock a predator in a cage with a minimum of punishment.

-Elwood Blues

It is a shame in most countries (mine included) Death Penalty is no longer given...

And then whine about "Prison shortages" and "released ones getting into crime again" <_<

I'm not so sure how significant of an impact on prison populations the death penalty would have. They aren't exactly handed out like candy, and even then inmates still spend a fair share of time on death row (rightfully so) before they are finally executed.

And the ones that would typically get the death penalty probably aren't usually the ones that frequently get released shortly after their stay and get back into crime.

Not that sure on the exact impact either... but if murderers get prison sentance reduction "to make space" I think it should have an effective effect here on it...

^

Not that sure on the exact impact either... but if murderers get prison sentance reduction "to make space" I think it should have an effective effect here on it...

I'm not sure how long inmates typically stay on Death Row. Timothy McVeigh lasted 4 years, but he only made one appeal.

Is it the people serving life sentences that get their sentences reduced to make room for a new inmate?

Life sentance doesn't even exist here...

Our law system SUCKS

(a recent survey by my newspaper showed that 80% found the sentances for crimes were FAR too light for the commited crime...)

^

While I personally would love to give this guy some of his own medicine .. only using a searinghot iron stick .. I do think this is outta line.. he's a monster no-doubt! but a human being none-the-less.. and while we may scoff at the fact that they can watch tv etc .. we still need to remember that they will never lead a life worth living again.. they are punished for life, even if they are released 50 years later!

Fortune favors the bald.

And because nobody wants them after these 50 years they start killing/raping/stealing etc. again...

Might aswell kill them; to prevent folks not even born now to get killed by our stupid decision to keep those criminals alive...

^

I hope this helps you people to understand the problem with death penalty.

http://img378.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f...esnoires2tb.jpg

It's in french, but that shouldn't be a problem.

By the way, are any of you who are advocating harsher penalties for criminals, christians?

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: