TV: Heroes

Gfted1

I am not going to add spoilertags in this post. So... besides, I would expect that most people already have seen the latest episode before reading this thread.

Yeah, looks like Hiro might learn the hard way not to muck around with the space/time continuem.

Yes. He did apear to have learnt it the hard way when he met Peter in the subway. "I have risked a wrift(sp) in the time/space continuum by comming here." Or words to that effect.

I liked how they revealed the pattern of a person dissapearing for two days and waking with the powers. Obviously, whatever organization HRG is in is abducting people with the mind wipe guy and "activating" their latent genes.

But the copguy already had the powers before he was taken. Perhaps they are only tracking them. Or enhancing them?

I wonder if they know what they are producing (what power) or if the learn only after they set them loose again.

When they had the copguy (matt?) on the stretcher, Mr. Bennets said something like: "Are you trying to read my mind? Not with my friend here."

I have a feeling that the woman that offered Mohinder the job at the Genetics company has something to do with unleashing the latent powers within these people. The falling out she had with his father was most likely her trying to stop him from evenetually uncovering what they were doing.

"I'm god. I may not be 'The God', but I'm definately a god." - Ground Hog's Day

Visit: http://www.paulvomero.com/

More and more I'm thinking HGR is like a Xavier type guy, gathering and helping them Heroes to control their powers.

Sylar seems to be acquiring those powers and now I can't help but think that somewhere, sometime he will get to Hiro's and he can bend time and space too. We now know he is old(from his wrinkled hand) and how does he cut open skulls? A sword maybe?

^I think he just uses his telekinesis to basically rip the head open although thats pure speculation on my part.

When that very cute waitress gets sliced, you can hear the sound of metal slashing through. A "shwing", if you know what I mean.

If Sylar would be using telekinesis, woulndn't the sound simply be something like a "crunshlllak"?

:blink:

...the FBI agent.

She doesn't have a big enough part for such a talented actress. For further example, see Carnivale.

+5,000,000 T.O.M.B.S. points for Archomonarch

I'm wondering if Hiro gave Infinite Recall Girl ( best name evah Feng!) the book that he had in his possesion.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

...the FBI agent.

She doesn't have a big enough part for such a talented actress. For further example, see Carnivale.

+5,000,000 T.O.M.B.S. points for Archomonarch

I'm wondering if Hiro gave Infinite Recall Girl ( best name evah Feng!) the book that he had in his possesion.

Well, I think Hiro went bad someday and Future Hiro is killing them with his sword.

EDIT: That was speculation.

Edited by astr0creep

So you're saying that Sylar is future Hiro?  That's pretty, um, out there, don'tyathink Astro?

No, I'm not saying that.

I'm saying Future Hiro could be slicing skulls. Who ever said Sylar opens up skulls? It seems that way I agree but we still don't know for sure. Or Sylar has acquired Future Hiro's powers and sword. Or maybe Future Hiro is actually Sylar's sidekick?

:huh:

Or, more probably, considering that Hiro is a hero, Sylar is opening skulls. If you notice, Hiro says something like, "Her skull was opened the same way the painter's was." And we all saw the painter's skull: not opened with a sword.

Or, more probably, considering that Hiro is a hero, Sylar is opening skulls. If you notice, Hiro says something like, "Her skull was opened the same way the painter's was." And we all saw the painter's skull: not opened with a sword.

Ok, good point. So how do you explain the sound of a metal blade slashing through something when the cute waitress dies?

Ok, good point. So how do you explain the sound of a metal blade slashing through something when the cute waitress dies?

Or is it something slashing through a metal tray/pan?

The evil-Hiro idea is possible, but toward the end of the last episode, one sees Hiro in a picture with the red-head he wanted to save. It looks like it is her birthday. Before, she was alone in that picture. So I am assuming he went back in time to get to know her and save her, and he just never returned to his buddy.

After that, and the fact that Hiro seemed like an honourable fellow up to now, I doubt he is the bad guy.

Could be a good plot twist though. Like, he becomes evil even though expects the name-pun: a hero named Hiro.

The evil-Hiro idea is possible, but toward the end of the last episode, one sees Hiro in a picture with the red-head he wanted to save. It looks like it is her birthday. Before, she was alone in that picture. So I am assuming he went back in time to get to know her and save her, and he just never returned to his buddy.

Hmm, I don't see it. If you look more closely at the photograph, Hiro has a distressed look on his face, almost as if he were trapped there. I think that such blatant manipulation of the space-time continuum has finally caused a paradox and Hiro is unable to return. That would fit with his not being back for the 5 second deadline and Ando wondering where he is. Furthermore, they tended to stress how he can't quite control his abilities as of yet. It seems a reasonable conclusion.

And I find it kind of funny

I find it kind of sad

The dreams in which I'm dying

Are the best I've ever had

Hmm, I don't see it. If you look more closely at the photograph, Hiro has a distressed look on his face, almost as if he were trapped there. I think that such blatant manipulation of the space-time continuum has finally caused a paradox and Hiro is unable to return. That would fit with his not being back for the 5 second deadline and Ando wondering where he is. Furthermore, they tended to stress how he can't quite control his abilities as of yet. It seems a reasonable conclusion.

Perhaps he met Evil-Future-Hiro. Wouldn't that be a paradox? :unsure:

But I just love Christopher Eccleston. He made a Fantastic Doc!

I agree. I don't like the new Doc nearly as much - he plays it too slapsticky. <_< I like Christopher a lot too.

I find myself watching Heroes on Sci-Fi rerun on Fridays more than on it's network day...so I just saw the last one.

Hiro in the picture thing - major paradox. Unless the gal is suddenly alive once he left,and Hiro's buddy doesn't know it yet, Hiro hasn't changed the ultimate outcome by going back...which means even if he was stuck in the past for a few weeks, it's rather illogical for him not to be able to return to the shop after her death occured in his altered time line. Or something. Time stuff gives me a headache. Unless, of course, he's skipped into a parallel timeline/universe by accident. :brows:"

Also, I realize the way the plot is going, we're going to meet a lot of 'special' people so this murdering bad guy can do his thing and we can have an evolutionary explanation for it all or soemthing, but is anyone else getting a little tired of it seeming like everyone around the corner is "special?" It makes the main characters less unique and thus, to me, less interesting. But I do like the way the cheerleaders father is turning out.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts