TV: Heroes

Gfted1

So the pilot aired Monday here in the US. What do you all think so far? I cant figure out everyones powers yet. We have:

Cheerleader: Regenerative powers.

Japanese guy: Control time and space.

Stripper: Not sure about this one. She seems to have an evil twin that protects her but I cant determine if its a seperate entity or just her in a "blackout" state.

Artist: Can see the future.

Brothers: Can fly.

Indian guy: Cant tell if he actually has any powers or will just develop into the groups braintrust.

I thought it was a pretty good show and Im looking forward to seeing how they explain all these people suddenly getting powers. Your thoughts?

Ive only seen a handful of Mutant X episodes so I cant answer that difinatively but, no, I dont think so.

So far all weve seen is a collection of people from various parts of the world who have inexplicably, suddenly, gained some superpower. There is also the obligatory bad guy lurking in the shadows waiting to unleash some as of yet unrevealed nefarious plot.

I thought it was slightly lame that the people who gained the powers somehow just "knew" they had them without anything triggering the revelation.

I thought it was slightly lame that the people who gained the powers somehow just "knew" they had them without anything triggering the revelation.

Saw the ads for it and meant to, but didn't watch it... but I bet it's aliens. Unless it's a government conspiracy. Or the result of an illegal science experiment on the heroes parents. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Ive only seen a handful of Mutant X episodes so I cant answer that difinatively but, no, I dont think so.

So far all weve seen is a collection of people from various parts of the world who have inexplicably, suddenly, gained some superpower. There is also the obligatory bad guy lurking in the shadows waiting to unleash some as of yet unrevealed nefarious plot.

They are genetic evolutions. Just as you know you can see, hear, taste, and feel, they now they can do their abilities. Genetics and instinct.

They are genetic evolutions. Just as you know you can see, hear, taste, and feel, they now they can do their abilities. Genetics and instinct.

I would buy that if they had the powers their entire lives, not that they just woke up to them.

Some parts of the body don't stop making hormones and such til a certain point in the physical development of maturity. Who is to say the reverse doesn't apply? Also we don't really know a lot of details about the character's background. Some of them probably knew they had these abilities all their life, some just gotten a awere of them

Such as if you never got an accident in your life how would you know you could regenerate physical damage?

Some of the stories are painful, like the druggie guy.  I like the Japanese guy.

I thought Hiro was pretty cool as well. His powers seem a little weird, I thought. The teleport part I understood, notsomuch on the time part.

This show has a lot of promise, barring the druggie. If they really wanted to go cutting edge on this show, they should have made him a meth head and not a heroin addict. Heroin is sooo last year.

NBC has a short graphic novel on their website. I"d link it, but I'm lazy.

The comic book subplot seems pretty interesting, though.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

So the pilot aired Monday here in the US. What do you all think so far? I cant figure out everyones powers yet. We have:

Cheerleader: Regenerative powers.

Japanese guy: Control time and space.

Stripper: Not sure about this one. She seems to have an evil twin that protects her but I cant determine if its a seperate entity or just her in a "blackout" state.

Artist: Can see the future.

Brothers: Can fly.

Indian guy: Cant tell if he actually has any powers or will just develop into the groups braintrust.

I thought it was a pretty good show and Im looking forward to seeing how they explain all these people suddenly getting powers. Your thoughts?

Only the one brother can fly. The other just has a psychic link to his brother.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

I saw it and wasn't wild about it. Characterwise Hiro and Claire (the cheerleader) seem to be the most interesting. Hiro because he's goofy and Claire partially because

her dad seems to be the guy who killed the senior Suresh and possibly caused the psychic painters overdose

The online stripper's story and the painter's stories really turned me off. And I wasn't wild about the politician and his nurse brothers story either. Junior Suresh could go either way.

I may watch next week, but I wasn't really wowed by Heroes

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

It's on SciFi tonight at seven for anyone who missed it.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

I would buy that if they had the powers their entire lives, not that they just woke up to them.

Some people develop severe allergies in their 20's or later. In the realm of fantasy, seems plausible enough to me....kind of.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So I watched it...and it does seem to me that it wasn't neccesarily 'overnight'. The guy painted the paintings months ago, for example. The regnerative gal could've had faster than normal healing for a long time and thought nothing of it until it became even more speedy and she had an injury recently, perhaps.

Certainly an intriguing show premise, but the first show is all set-up without much real story, so hard to judge.

So tonight's episode seemed like a natural continuation of the pilot. From what I've been reading originally the pilot was supposed to be a bit longer.

And so the comic Hiro was reading was made by the junkie clairvoyant. It's not as sinister as I thought. And I also liked how Hiro doesn't really have a clue how his power works. So far I'd say that the farther he teleports, the more time is displaced.

Neat.

Edited by Kor Qel Droma

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

Just caught the second episode - found it quite entertaining.

The best part for my money was when

the younger brother levitated-walked

. I really hadn't expected they would make

both brothers flying-capable.

Though, I guess it's still somewhat uncertain if that was really what happened.

The cheerleader and her evil father seems interesting as well. Ehh... that sounds a bit creepy actually...

I think the Japanese guy - Hiro -

went back in time and now knows that He Must Get To New York To Stop The Bomb! The bomb plot and the cyler(sp?) plot appeares to be the main theme(s). But *sigh*... if this is going to be some sort of Argh Argh the dangerous terrorists are comming then count me out. And sadly, I can't quite see how else they will get funding to this plot. Even if this turns out to be a "domestic terrorist" the message is still: We Live In Fearful Times. Love Thy Government. We Will Procect You. Dissidents Equal Bad Bad People.

Okay that was a sidetrack - sorry - but I fear that's the most obvious direction.

I think the Japanese guy - Hiro -

went back in time and now knows that He Must Get To New York To Stop The Bomb! The bomb plot and the cyler(sp?) plot appeares to be the main theme(s). But *sigh*... if this is going to be some sort of Argh Argh the dangerous terrorists are comming then count me out. And sadly, I can't quite see how else they will get funding to this plot. Even if this turns out to be a "domestic terrorist" the message is still: We Live In Fearful Times. Love Thy Government. We Will Procect You. Dissidents Equal Bad Bad People.

I think someone

Edited by kirottu

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

My husbands reaction to the 2nd episode is becoming typical of new series we try.

"This is going nowhere." heheh...he's not patient with long drawn out & moves forward at a glacial pace stories. :D

For myself, the pacing so far is acceptable, and the characters still interesting, but if they don't move it forward a little faster in a few more episodes it'll lose me. Especially since they still seem to be introducing prominent characters in a show that already has a lot to begin with.

Super-hiro :ph34r:

I dont hope they go the "terror way"... only so much brainwashing that i can take... it is enough that online poker is about to be forbidden while I can still play with my magnum 44 :p

The series has potential - and I love the refrence Hiro makes to X-men (w00t)