$2500 P O S

DGwar

I have a really nice laptop, but it keeps freezing. All of my techie friends say its either windows xp media center or my video card. I really hope its not the latter. My video card is a NVidia Geforce 7600 GO and i havent downloaded the latest drivers yet because my internet is slow and it would take 8 hours. and my dial up disconects about every 2 so i am pretty much screwed. I have to keep starting all over. My laptop usually freezes when i am playing games or watching movies.

any input would be helpful... :p

Get a wireless adaptor. They can be hooked up either USB or by the card slot, then head to the nearest wireless hub and and milk off thier connection if you can. They can often be found at public or university libraries or go to an Internet cafe. You can often find fast and stable connections at such places.

If the connexion is gaming, I would suspect heat/conflict. A simple investment in a passive cooler - basically get the notebook off of the table with some air under often works wonders. A table/desk acts as a heat sink and makes stuff hotter than it needs to be - especially for gaming.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon:

By the same token you could actively seek a cooler surface even than air. At least that seems sinsible from first principles. But I've blown up enough stuff that I'd check before you try anything.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

DGwar - have you tried updating your drivers as suggested?

As well, according to you system specs, you're running a tablet PC - is that correct?

Another item, if you are running a tablet, there is a new BIOS (as of August) as well for the NX860X. That too would be of use. As Fenghuang and meta said, you need to d/l drivers and update them. This will help to troubleshoot.

Addition: Do you have any conflicts in Device Manager?

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

I know it can be frustrating. This is really the most helpful route in my experience. Perhaps you could get a friend with high-speed to d/l the drivers and burn them for you? Perhaps contact Gateway directly and they may help with this too?

The universe is change;
- Marcus Aurelius (161)