some NWN2 companions

kumquatq3

Is it really incomprehensible that a gnome could be a bard or an elf could be a paladin?

An elven paladin is stretching it a bit because there are no Lawful Good elven dieties. I am not saying they can't be but there would have to be a good role playing reason behind it in my opinion. A lawful nature isn't natural to an elven mindset due to their culture, Realmsian speaking of course.

Is it really incomprehensible that a gnome could be a bard or an elf could be a paladin?

An elven paladin is stretching it a bit because there are no Lawful Good elven dieties. I am not saying they can't be but there would have to be a good role playing reason behind it in my opinion. A lawful nature isn't natural to an elven mindset due to their culture, Realmsian speaking of course.

How about variant paladin's of other alignments?

If you use them but they aren't part of the core d20 System.

EDIT: On alignment I just don't really like it. It is too restricting. That is why I prefer Monte Cook's Arcana Evolved over baseline DnD. Man, I would love to see that converted over in NWN 2.

Edited by Judge Hades

I had a friend who played a halfling Paladin. He was a real jerk, so we killed him. The character that is.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Gnomes are better suited for pounding rocks, gemcraft and being an illusionist mage.

Gemcrafting is for drawves and elves are the wizards. Gnomes still have illusionary aspects with their bardic spells.

No, stoneworking is for dwarves. Gnomes (especially svirfnebli) share mining and gemcrafting affinities with dwarves. That's why they get along, generally. Both are subterannean races, oftentimes they band together against common threats.

I can't understand why we've got so many negative nancies out here. Have a little faith. Obsidian hasn't let us down yet. Does a name like "Sand" really connotate a bad character? I don't see how it does.

Edited by Pop

play the assassin gnome who acts the clown but is really a diabolical power broker?  still comes off as goofy.

I dunno, that has some merit; I'd like to see a twist or two where the stated character is not the final analysis ... as long as there is no anmesia involved ... :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Grobnar has an affinity for kobold bards? Now who could he mean by that???

Damn.

And I thought I'd have got rid of that unfunny joker.

Yes, that's definately a rather sizeable proverbial red flag.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Well, if you really hate the guy, he's probably going to give quests and such, he's not going to be a member of your party (I hope). Therefore, you could roll the dice on the plot and just off the thing, after you're done with it. That way everybody's happy.

Well, if you really hate the guy, he's probably going to give quests and such, he's not going to be a member of your party (I hope). Therefore, you could roll the dice on the plot and just off the thing, after you're done with it. That way everybody's happy.

We would be so lucky. :)

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

Considering this is the most "on-topic" and not locked/3 year old topic about NWN2 previews anybody else seen the movie with PCGameplay (Belgian Magazine)?

How old is that footage... it still looks very unimpressive. Combat animations are kept to "stand back with miss" (Really unimpressive; and even when attacked from behind; which looks very odd) and rarely actually run...

The AI seems really wacky (unless the player uses a lot of hotkeys... why the continues switching in hostile???)

There seems to be some pathing issues and very obvious clipping issues (beard of the dwarf dissapears in the armor :-)

Due to no-combat stuff like the convo's I get a little bit more hope than before (even if that devlish woman just ASKS for "KILL!"; what an annoying NPC... but it still is pretty pretty low...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

And are all of these as obvious as the beard of a PC dissapearing in his skin when he talks? :*

Just wondering how old/new this version of NWN2 was... as it still looked in bad buggy shape... and hope it is old (fear new though :p )

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

It is footage made by the magazine with a preview copy they got send.

No Atari involved in making it... making the chance it is newer stuff likely.

Just wish to know how "new" it is...

None of you guys seen it yet (would it be legal to upload this stuff?)

^