NWN2 Preorder toolset

Kaftan Barlast

This Planescape mod is actually looking sweet.

I get the feeling they're being too ambitious, though.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

i preorder nwn2, but my code won't work, so i can't download the toolset. on oct. 3 2006 i sent a e-mail to atari to complain abt this. I hop to here from them in a week or 2. If they don't correct this situation, i will concell my order with eb games and wait until nwn2 is in the remainder bin to buy it. I am totally disappointed in atari. If u make a mistake registering, they tell u to try again and NEVER tells u what your mistake is.

Well, here's what I have right now. I'll probably just keep building on this every time I try to learn something new. It will be my tutorial module.

post-296-1159954835_thumb.jpg

Hillwater Village. I have the main town center's layout mostly done. Need to add the surrounding farmland and the houses along the river. The toolset is pretty powerful, if a little user unfriendly. For instance... the undo function doesn't work for:

Terrain deformation, item placement, terrain texturing... pretty much anything you would actually want the undo function for.

Also, for some reason I have a big square in the middle of my map where it won't let me paint textures. It did, but now it won't, as you can see by that big light square at the top of the hill there.

That looks very nice. How long did it take you to do it?

That took me about an hour, hour and a half.

The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

i preorder nwn2, but my code won't work, so i can't download the toolset.  on oct. 3 2006 i sent a e-mail to atari to complain abt this.  I hop to here from them in a week or 2.  If they don't correct this situation, i will concell my order with eb games and wait until nwn2 is in the remainder bin to buy it.  I am totally disappointed in atari.  If u make a mistake registering, they tell u to try again and NEVER tells u what your mistake is.

I don't see the point of cancelling it.

He doesn't want to buy the game at full price and he doesn't want to give them the amount of support a first week purchase entails?

Although, if you are happy with getting a game months later in the bargain bin, I don't see why the toolset thing induced a preorder in the first place.

The village is growing, adding some more detail, I'dd try to flesh the place out some more next, add some props and such to make it look more lively.

post-296-1160042849_thumb.jpg

I wish the toolset came with some sample modules so we have a look at some examples how to use the texture brushes and such. Mine just looks a little off.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The beta-test toolset came with a test module but for some reaon they removed it from the presale version. I cant really see why they did that.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

Well, I suspect they have bigger plans for the retail version.

Can the Official Campaigns be modified, or are they locked?

I'm hoping it will be like NWN1 where they're read only, so you can open them modify them, but if you want to save you have to save with a new name so you don't screw up the OC. I did that a bunch after beating the OC, edited the inventory of your starting chest so you start with cool custom equipment.

Devastatorsig.jpg

The village is growing, adding some more detail, I'dd try to flesh the place out some more next, add some props and such to make it look more lively.

post-296-1160042849_thumb.jpg

I wish the toolset came with some sample modules so we have a look at some examples how to use the texture brushes and such. Mine just looks a little off.

Datz a nice villaj ya ab there... it wuud be a shame if eenytin 'appened ter it.

Edited by Nartwak

'Ere we go, 'ere we go, 'ere we go' stompin'!

kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

Ok, I have a question for the devs. How do you enable the undo function? Because whenever I try to use it, it doesn't do anything.

Or it undoes the wrong thing. Like I resized a bunch of rocks, then painted a bunch of textures, deformed some terrain, then went to move a fence and accidentally rotated them, hit undo, and it undid the resizing of my rocks.

Anyway, this will probably be the final layout of my village. Now just need to add more village-like props like crates, and wagons and such.

post-296-1160190505_thumb.jpg

Oh, and the grass tool makes making farms SUPER EASY. Holy crap, laid down a field of wheat in like 3 seconds.

Edited by Oerwinde

Devastatorsig.jpg

Not to be a stickler; but in NWN1 you could make a farm/field of wheat in like a quart of a second (exactly one click). Of course, you only had a certain number of farm choices. Heh.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Why is everyone is making a big deal about this toolset any way? I was lurking at the Bioware forums for a while and WOAH! Next to everyone was ballistic.

Murphy's Law of Computer Gaming: The listed minimum specifications written on the box by the publisher are not the minimum specifications of the game set by the developer.

@\NightandtheShape/@ - "Because you're a bizzare strange deranged human?"

Walsingham- "Sand - always rushing around, stirring up apathy."

Joseph Bulock - "Another headache, courtesy of Sand"

Oerwinde, a question: is there a way for the player to walk across the easternmost part of that 'circle' of houses? Otherwise if you wanted to go from one house to the house directly north of it you'd have to go all around the lake. Now I'm all for aestheticity in villages (and I love it), but a way to just hedge past the trees or wahtnot there would be good IMO.

Apparently the Undo button works, just not for certain things, such as terrain placements. :) Not sure if it can be "enabled" in your version.