We only talk about Fallout

Fenghuang

The real important question here is, how did you get a screenshot that came out? Mine always looks screwed up.

The only fast thing I have turned on is running. Walking is too slow.

Using print screen gave me some black jarbled mess. I started pressing random keys (I think it was one of the F# keys) and some screenshots popped up in the main Fallout directory.

I always went with normal speed for combat... but then it never bothered me.

Watching the combat play out was part of the fun.

Heh, yeah, having 14 slavers come at you, one at a time, only made it more fun to systematically destroy them man by man.

Just wait until they are grouped together and use an area effect weapon. Mini gun or the rocket launcher.

I was never a big guns man. I'd either have power armor and an energy weapon (if it was late in the game) or use some psycho and a shotgun. In fact, I'd say the slaughters at the slaves guild, the cathedral and the huboligist's bunker are some of the funner parts of the games, for me.

Falllout combat does work for PnP. I got a hex mat yesterday and ran my PCS through some dynamic special encounters. It's a seamless transition.

Sledge Hammer, meet Testicle. Testicle, meet Sledge Hammer... *Clonk!*

I miss this game :mellow:

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

The groin shots were fun the first hour, but what I found really useful was shots to the legs. That seriously made super tough battles beatable for me. I'd hobble these melee creatures then keep running out of melee range and keep shooting at them.

Spreading beauty with my katana.

The groin shots were fun the first hour, but what I found really useful was shots to the legs.  That seriously made super tough battles beatable for me.  I'd hobble these melee creatures then keep running out of melee range and keep shooting at them.

With a weapon you could only find AFTER you completed Fallout 2 you had a very high chance of insta-gibbing people with burst-mode, even if you did only a fraction of their health in damage. Worked especially well on Super Mutants.

But a aimed shot to the eyes, blinding them, worked wonders for me. Not only did you score a major critical hit, you could sometimes just outright kill them in one shot and still have enough AP's over to move away or pick off another target.

Bugs? Klingon Software does not have 'Bugs'. It has FEATURES and they are too sophisticated for a Romulan pig like you to understand!

HK-47: "Recitation: First, weapon selection is critical. If I see one more idiot attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself."

HK-47: "Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi."

I like good turn based combat. 

But that's not what this thread is about. 

This thread isn't about me not playing Fallout, a game I love, either. 

This game is about how goshawful Fallout's combat was.

I love its combat! Was very Good, and had nice feats to improve the action points! :blink:

Edited by jorian

IB1OsQq.png

They need another great game with cool critical shots like Fallout.

I'd be happy with a game that has texted-out criticals again :blink:

"Molerat is critically hit in the head for 211 points of damage. The sound it makes is not unlike a bag full of soup hitting concrete."

I played a bit of NCR today, that part where the crazy guy blows himself up, and I realized how well they did the multiple-solution deal. You can a. talk him out of killing himself b. kill him c. let him explode and then fix the computer or d. let him explode and let the girl fix the computer. It seems to me like most RPGs are content to only let you do A and B, or in Oblivion's case, B.

Edited by Pop

It is too bad that Fallout 3, if Bethesda follows the model of their last game, will be real time.  It will making called shots like that impossible.

Maybe two modes of play? Real time and turn based. Sort of like KotOR, but actually done well.

Edited by LoneWolf16

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast