We only talk about Fallout

Fenghuang

Psh, whatevs.

Lou Gutman, P.I.- It's like I'm not even trying anymore!
http://theatomicdanger.iforumer.com/index....theatomicdanger

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the galaxy. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips. I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my viens. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk, and free throw. I am there.

The times in Fallout when I was waiting "minutes" between turns really seemed few and far betwee, and never did they happen with rats involved. Only major time I can remember was in the Boneyard where everyone in town had to move because that was essential a town battle in turn based. A little annoying, but definately not enough of a detriment to make it horrid.

I'm not sure how many times I've played Fallout and still like the combat. Something about it is just fun and it can't be explained.

Oh, and if you can't hit anything, you're obviously not good enough with whatever weapon you have equipped. I suggest raising said skills.

"Of course the people don't want war. But after all, it's the leaders of the country who determine the policy, and it's always a simple matter to drag the people along whether it's a democracy, a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for lack of patriotism, and exposing the country to greater danger."

- Herman Goering at the Nuremberg trials

"I have also been slowly coming to the realisation that knowledge and happiness are not necessarily coincident, and quite often mutually exclusive" - meta

I quite liked the combat in Fallout, although I do distinctly remember being bored whislt everybody in a mile radius took a turn during a combat between three people.

I was bored waiting in the nineties, so it's got nothing whatsoever to do with it being fine for the time or modern gamers being used to faster-paced combat.

The game was badly executed in places (broken quests, unfinished content, the combat issue) but overall a tremendously fun game. It *can* be fallible, you know.

Dirty deeds done cheap.

I quite liked the combat in Fallout, although I do distinctly remember being bored whislt everybody in a mile radius took a turn during a combat between three people.

I was bored waiting in the nineties, so it's got nothing whatsoever to do with it being fine for the time or modern gamers being used to faster-paced combat.

The game was badly executed in places (broken quests, unfinished content, the combat issue) but overall a tremendously fun game. It *can* be fallible, you know.

I think my feeling about Fallout is pretty similar to Kroney's.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Albert Einstein

:(

Now you're gettin' it!

So what kind of guns will I be able to use in Fallout 3 and how easy will it be to perform head and extremities shots in first person?

How fleshed out will the melee combat be?

Will I be able to use sledgehammers of doom?

Edited by Fenghuang

DEADSIGS.jpg

RIP

That's about the size of it.

A very good system as a way to (micro-) manage the character and all the NPCs in the vicinity. Not so much fun to play, though, as it tends to become quite tedious.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

I already stated my opinion in the other thread about Fallout so I won't pontificate too much here, but I agree with Feng.

The combat was innovative, but way too slow. I could take my turn, go make a four-course dinner, then come back and take my next turn.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs