Bioshock - first public footage

Llyranor

Actually, I think the point of the Little Sisters is the moral dillema of either exploiting their ability to gain adam... or avoiding/protecting them.

Not so much an "omg monster!" thing.

Can't it be both? By their hacking cough, I'd guess that what they do is not good for them. So there's the dilemma of whether or not you want to use them, and the fact that they even exist in the first place.

" At the same time, from what I understand it's only the little sisters that are capable of it. Whether or not they were engineered that way (OMG those monsters!) or if something else caused it is probably something we'll only figure out after playing said game."

That's true, but they certainly made it out to look like what these girls do is not natural.

I for one am getting sick and tired of the creepy girls in games and movies. It all started with that damned Ring movie.

Absolutely. Prior to the Ring, little girls were hardly ever the focal point of horror movies.

Besides, I don't really consider them to be particularly creepy. They are certainly vulnerable, but when the little sisters refer to a big daddy as Mr. Bubbles, I'm not really getting the vibe that they are supposed to be creepy.

The entire dialogue track used in the first video was extempore, so I doubt the little girl will actually refer to Big Daddies as "Mr Bubbles" in the game.

Little girls are meant to provide a stark choice for the player: should they be killed? I assume their death will have significant benefits for the character, in proportion to the reluctance to hurt a vulnerable little girl (which is a symbol for defenceless innocence, even if they have become corrupted), that ought to be present in people; further pose the ethical question, to wit: is it kinder to kill the monstrous little girl-creature?

This little girl bears no resemblance to the character in The Ring.

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

The entire dialogue track used in the first video was extempore, so I doubt the little girl will actually refer to Big Daddies as "Mr Bubbles" in the game.

And what basis do you make this assumption? It seemed perfectly plausible to me. To b e quite honest I thought it was a nice touch.

^ Yeah.

And what basis do you make this assumption? It seemed perfectly plausible to me. To b e quite honest I thought it was a nice touch.

Go listen to it again, and take the socks out of your ears this time. :thumbsup:

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Given that they, even in short notice, referred to the big daddy's as Mr. Bubbles, I doubt the intention is to make the Little Sisters as anything creepy.

Otherwise they'd be misinforming the people with this information video, given that the Little Sisters are not creepy, and don't appear to have any intention of being creepy.

Darque:

"Malnourished.. but not creepy."

Oh, I think they eat *quite* well.

It's will be interesting, however, to see if there's any public reaction to a game that rewards players for beating little girls with a wrench.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.