NFL 2006 Season

Enoch

Sickening? Romo, as much as I disliked the change at the time, has worked out for the Cowboys. Romo has been nothing but awesome. It's not like he lost the game for them - their defense along with Brees and company did. Romo had a decent game.

I just found the constant media talking head man-love for Romo really irritating. Yes, he's been better than Bledsoe, but not to the level that most of the sports-talk world was saying. It was the most undeserved early-canonization since Vick put two consecutive non-horrible passing performances together and made everyone in the media think he had finally "gotten it."

Speaking of which,

Micheal Vick has class. The fans don't as they started it by their classless booing and scumduggery. He simply put them in their place.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!11!

(That's not the only thing Vick has!)

Edited by Enoch

I can see the commercial now...

Michael Vick jukes two linebackers and a safety on his way to the end zone. After tossing the ball to an official, the star QB looks into the camera and says, "I don't let genital herpes get ME down!"

Then he gives the crowd the finger. :blink:)

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

"I just found the constant media talking head man-love for Romo really irritating."

True; but the media is always like that. To them, it's always overbaord. X guy sucks big time, or is the best ever. There's rarely an inbetween. Your example of Vick from earlier this year further illustrates.

Heck, my Giants are the samne thing. When they started 1-2, it was 'Giants are horrible', then they won't 5 in a row 'best team in NFC', then 4 losses 'horrible, horrible', and because they won last night 'they can catcht he Cowboys b/c the Cowboys had one bad game'. It's annoying.

Darth: LOL

Lone: Fans are scum. Let's just admit that. Want more evidence: fans booing Garcia because he didn't become a cripple a week ago, fans throwing things at players, fans shouting racist, and other extremely dergoatory remarks at players, etc., etc.

Fans are scum. Paying money to watch players playing a game as yiou say doens't make it right to DEHUMANIZE another human being.

A waiter gets paid to wait tables; it would not be tolerated if a customer treated them like trash either - at least not in any respectable restaurant.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

Lone: Fans are scum. Let's just admit that. Want more evidence: fans booing Garcia because he didn't become a cripple a week ago, fans throwing things at players, fans shouting racist, and other extremely dergoatory remarks at players, etc., etc.

Fans are scum. Paying money to watch players playing a game as yiou say doens't make it right to DEHUMANIZE another human being.

A waiter gets paid to wait tables; it would not be tolerated if a customer treated them like trash either - at least not in any respectable restaurant.

Not once have I said they weren't. A good deal are asshats, some are good about it.

My point...they play a damn game, and make millions! It's wrong! So wrong! ....Ah well, when's the next Jags game? :D

And Drabek.................lmfao! :dancing:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

But the real issue for the ponies is... what happened to that vaunted Denver defense? :puke:

Missed this comment earlier. The reason that Denver's defense has declined is that it wasn't that good to begin with. For the first half of the season, the Broncos had an OK defense for 80% of the field, and an unbelieveably good defense when the opposition got inside the Denver 20 (the red zone, the gold zone, the green zone-- whatever you want to call it). They routinely gave up long drives that ended in FG attempts or turnovers inside their own 20. This lead to a really impressive "points allowed" statistic.

As anyone with a statistical inclination would expect, the statistic with the larger sample size (defense outside the red zone) was more predictive of future performance than the one with a small sample size (red zone defense). Over time, their red zone performance declined to the level of their overall performance. That, and opposing teams started to figure out that Darrent Williams just isn't that good a cornerback.

How do you know he's nice? :crazy:

Still, congrats to him in his achievement, and it doens't matter if he's nice or mean.

I don't know why I even bother :rolleyes:

Well I met him before and he was nice, in training camp spends alot of time with the fans and signs autographs with a smile on his face. Charger opponents always remark about the class act he is. Charity work, interviews, other fans comments... Need anything else?

Ok, you met him. At a autograph signing. Talk about a time for him to PCness. Heck, TO whose had his shar eof trouble is often labeled nice by many people around the league. So has Vick. *yawn*

And, again, him being nice or not means nothing here, imo.

Congrats to LT for being one heck of football player!!!

No. I've never been tried for beingw rong. That's a overreaction to someone being wrong, right? Put them on trial. WOWSERS!

And, I might be wrong from time to time. Shocking, I know.

However, whether he's nice or not is irrelevant. I'm definitely right on that issue. As for where you met him (back seat of a car?); I guess I could be wrong since I wans't there. *shrug*

P.S. I kiddin' 'bout 'back seat of car' so please don't get the panties in a twist. Deal?

Steelers FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BROWNS SUCK!!!!!!!

COLTS FTW!!!!

CARDINALS,JETS,AND CHARGERS FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Retreat, Hell! We're just fighting in another direction!" - General O.P. Smith (North Korea 1950)

"All warfare is based on deception." - Sun Tzu

"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." - George S. Patton, Jr.

Why would you bench him now when he had a pretty good game with 2TDs and no picks. The team is 11-3, and is a smuch as I have loved pickin' on him; this game shows he doesn't deserve to lose his job... yet...

Why did he get so angry? Because he amde a slip of the tongue? WOW! I don't mind celebrities getting amd. In fact, i find it cool. But, at least get mad about somethingw orthwhile ie. Vic getting upset with the fans and their trashtalking as well as frustrated over the losing streka his team was on.

But, come on, Marino! Chill, dude!

No love for my super bowl ring comment? I thought it was good. O well...

I thought it was quite clever. :bat:

Although trolling for compliments after you've made a joke is the sort of thing that makes me want to channel Eldar and call you a "yutz."

To bring us back to the topic, here's a Playoff Odds Chart based on Football Outsiders' DVOA statistic.

BTW, Never tell me the odds!

^ Han Solo

On topic: Maybe after that ridiculous game against the Colts, Maurice Jones-Drew will finally get some props, instead of being "that other running back from a Pac-10 school."

I know, I know, Christopher Reeve could rush for 200 yards and 2 TDs against the Colts, but Drew has been all about the consistency this year.

Check out the total TDs this year:

MJD: 12 (scored in 9 games, including the last five)

Bush: 7 (4 in one game)

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs