NFL 2006 Season

Enoch

As long as the defense keeps scoring two touchdowns a game, the Bears will be fine. :geek:

Does anyone care about the game tonight? I don't really care who wins, but I need seven points to win my fantasy matchup this week. I've got Steve Smith going for the Panthers and L.J. Smith for the Eagles. Hopefully at least one of them has a big game.

baby, take off your beret

everyone's a critic and most people are DJs

It seems like ESPN's Monday night games have been mostly clunkers this year. There has been a lot of uninteresting matchups so far, thinking back.

Oh, and Grossman did get out-sucked by the Vikes' QB, Brad Johnson. That definitely contributed to the Bears win. Chester the Cheetah and his various backups seemed to run the ball well against the Bears, too.

Yeah; but the Bears D is so good that many QBs look bad against them. Even Brady in his team's WIN against the Bears didn't look so good. Without their D, the Bears are just another run of the mill team. With their D, they are likely fighting Dallas as the best team in the conference.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"Atlanta = patsy"

6-6 doesn't equal patsy. Sorry.

Atlanta is a good team. They'd be great if they weren't reliant too much on one player.

That's kind of it. Vick is a side show, not a quarterback. I'd take San Fran over them.

Take a look at who they have beaten, most are ****ty teams. The exceptions are teams that have injuries at the time (Steve Smith) or and the Bengals before they got it turned around. Then they lose to Detroit and Cleveland.

Vick = OVER-RATED PATSY

"Vick is a side show, not a quarterback. I'd take San Fran over them."

He's a QB. And, a pretty darn good one.

Just because he's not the prototypical QB doesn't mean otherwise. He's a top 10 QB. Easily.

Vick is UNDDERATED.

Period.

Grossman is (well was) the overrated one.

You know the Bears could have an unbeatable team when they have a clown for a QB who keeps throwing stupid interceptions, and yet they still find a way to win. He needs to find a nice warm bench and the Bears need to get a good QB on their team.

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

If Vic was on the Bears, they'd likely be udnefeated. Heck, if 99% of QBs not named Grossman were on the Bears, they'd be undefeated. R00flers!

Nah, they would have lost several games. Apparently you havn't watched Vicky much this season if you think he isn't over-rated. They guy has had a few 3 and 4 turnover games himself. He will never lead a serious super-bowl team, that as you might say, doesn't win in spite of him. Vick is, and always will be, less the sum of his parts. However, Ron Mexico is still a little funny.

As I have expressed before, which is why I think your upset and brought out the Grossman calls, the only other "Gross-ly" over-rated QB in the league is Eli. When Grossman was "over-rated" he was putting up HUGE numbers, considering he didn't have much of a history, it would be hard to say at the time he was over-rated. Clearly time has proven that tho. Like Grossman, Eli is extremely spotty and goes from great games to horrible ones.

"the only other "Gross-ly" over-rated QB in the league is Eli."

Nah. I don't think Eli is overrated. He is exactly what he is - a good QB on a (usually) very talented team (when they aren't injured). I've never considered Eli the 'best of the best'.

I don't think anyone truly believed he was going to be as good as his brother. A few maybe; but not enough to say he's 'overrated'.

And, no, I watch Vick a lot 'cause not only is he very good; he's also very exciting to watch. He's a greta player on a crappy team. If he were on the Giants, the Giants would be doing better even with their injuries.

P.S. Heh. Go Garcia! A guy whose taken way too much undeserved abuse in the past several years. I like TO; but he the was the jerk who started it too!!

Edited by Volourn

<Thread resurrection>

Yay, the Giants are still alive. Not that I'm expecting much. They need to win 2 of their last 3 (PHI, NO, @WAS) to have a shot at the playoffs (they're definitely in if they run the table). But in the mediocre NFC, once you're in the playoffs, who knows what'll happen. The only game I'd be really scared about is if they had to play @ New Orleans. Chicago, Dallas, and Seattle are all very beatable, even with home-field.

Yay, the legend of Tony Romo is fading! He's Jake Plummer II-- keep him in the pocket, and he'll hand you the game. The media hype he's been getting has been absolutely sickening.

And how about those Saints, anyway? Drew Brees looks like the MVP to me.

what's up with the colts? They always seem to fall asleep at the end of the season.

all they had to do was win to take the division ... oh well

yeah the pack actually won another game, wasn't expecting that ... i guess the sun does shine a different dogs a$$ every once in awhile ... granted it was only the

49 ers but it was still a win.

Giants are goin't o the play offs espicially if they beat the Eagles. They don't even need to win the WC outright then sicne they'd ahve beaten every team their comeptting against (they've alreayd beaten the Eagles once).

Sickening? Romo, as much as I disliked the change at the time, has worked out for the Cowboys. Romo has been nothing but awesome. It's not like he lost the game for them - their defense along with Brees and company did. Romo had a decent game.

It was a good week of football (and the Bears haven't even played yet)!

The Jags and the Steelers gave the Colts and Brownies defensive crews the ultimate in embarrassment: "You know we're going to run, and you still can't stop us." I think Chicago should do the same thing tonight with Jones and Benson. Or they could let Grossman throw some more picks, whatever. :blink:"

Eh, Tony Romo is soooo three weeks ago. Now it's all about Jeff Garcia! Eight TDs and no interceptions since relieving the Chunky Soup guy!

Jay Cutler is making rookie mistakes all over the place. But the real issue for the ponies is... what happened to that vaunted Denver defense? :puke:

Oh, and how about Vince Young? He's like a Michael Vick that wins games. And has a semblance of class.

Micheal Vick has class. The fans don't as they started it by their classless booing and scumduggery. He simply put them in their place.

PLAYERS > FANS *always*.

Fans are scumbags who deserve to have the middle finger (and worst things) shown to them due to their 100% constant CLASSLESS and often CRIMINAL behaviour.

Buying a ticket shouldn't give one a right tod ehumanize other human beings. Period.

P.S. Jeff Garcia is awesome! :blink:

P.S.S. Denver is getting what they deserve. It's what they get for benching an underrated QB.

Edited by Volourn

PLAYERS > FANS *always*.

They play a GAME! A game!

They get paid more than doctors, teachers, and top ranking political officials, combined, for a game!

Ahem. Jags... :blink:

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast

Because. The market calls for it. Fans are willing to spend the money, and soa re the owners. Blame them; not the players. Nobody in their right mind would REFUSE that kind of money to play a game. And, besides, at that level, it's no longer just a game. It's a business.

Again, money is not a good enough excuse to DEHUMANIZE other human beings so I say fans deserve every nasty thing players choose to throw their way since that's exactly what the 'fans' do.

It's a GAME! A GAAAAME!

Also, Jags... :blink::):wub:

Colts bitch-slap, ftw.

I had thought that some of nature's journeymen had made men and not made them well, for they imitated humanity so abominably. - Book of Counted Sorrows

'Cause I won't know the man that kills me

and I don't know these men I kill

but we all wind up on the same side

'cause ain't none of us doin' god's will.

- Everlast