Buying a 19"

Junai

I don't know about the 940BF, but my lab just bought a bunch of 931BF's, and they are horrible. The construction quality is superb, and it looks like a very slick product. The panel itself is complete garbage. You can literally see the 6-bit to 8-bit dithering going on. Unfortunately, I don't expect any of these "2ms" or "1ms" or "0.001ns" panels to be any good. As far as human perception is concerned, I don't believe anything below 8ms is necessary even for the fastest FPS's or the most contrasty and dynamic movies.

The old Dell 1901's in my lab also have 6-bit TN panels, but they do a better job of hiding the dithering than the new Samsungs. It could be that the Samsungs have a superior panel coating and this unfortunately reveals the ugly dithering going on in the background. I'll say what I always say and people never seem to listen or care: stay away from 6-bit TN panels, get an LCD with a true 8-bit panel.

Looks a damn sight shinier than my Novatech!

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

BenQ isn't a bad brand: they differentiate themselves in the market with respect to price, but the quality isn't too bad. I can't remember who's factory they come out of at the moment ... remember there are only a couple of plants that make LCD screens (all in Taiwan, IIRC).

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

My two monitors

ViewSonic VX2025WM Black-Silver 20.1'' DVI 8ms gray-to-gray (avg.); 16ms white-black-white (typ) Widescreen

BenQ FP202W Black 20.1'' DVI 8ms Widescreen LCD Monitor

I like The View Sonic better, but for the price the BenQ was a great buy. It

Life is like a clam. Years of filtering crap then some bastard cracks you open and scrapes you into its damned mouth, end of story.

- Steven Erikson