The Dutch

kumquatq3

So... I
kirottu said:
I was raised by polar bears. I had to fight against blood thirsty wolves and rabid penguins to get my food. Those who were too weak to survive were sent to Sweden.

It has made me the man I am today. A man who craves furry hentai.

So let us go and embrace the rustling smells of unseen worlds

You are all midgets :p

1.90m btw :)

I got a little brother who is also 1.90m and the youngest one is 2m ;)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

With their protein-rich diet and a national health service that pampers infants, the Dutch are standing taller than ever. The average Dutchman stands just over 6 feet, while women average nearly 5-foot-7.

BUT

But wealth doesn't explain everything. Scandinavians, who are among the world's tallest people at 6 feet, are not getting taller on average, apparently hitting their genetic glass ceiling.

:p

It is great to see scientific method being applied with such rigour. ;)

Im 180cm and that used to be medium length, its dropped since then. From people born in 1979 to people born 1982, the medium length in Sweden dropped like 10cm.

I grew up on the east coast so we got a heavy dose of fallout. I remember the kindergarten teachers forbade us to play in the rain puddles because they were radioactive

Kafty, low doses of radiation are health-giving. They do not, as far as current research evinces, retard growth.

Natural background radiation

Natural background radiation comes from two primary sources: cosmic radiation and terrestrial sources. The worldwide average background dose for a human being is about 2.4 mSv per year [1] (pdf). This exposure is mostly from cosmic radiation and natural isotopes in the Earth. This is far greater than human-caused background radiation exposure, which in the year 2000 amounted to an average of about 0.01 mSv per year from historical nuclear weapons testing, nuclear power accidents and nuclear industry operation combined [1], and is greater than the average exposure from medical tests, which ranges from 0.04 to 1 mSv per year.

nb: quoted source footnote. :)

OBSCVRVM PER OBSCVRIVS ET IGNOTVM PER IGNOTIVS

ingsoc.gif

OPVS ARTIFICEM PROBAT

Gazes upwards from her 149 cm. vantage point.

All you tall people, I have some lightbulbs that need changing. :(

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm Dutch, 1,87 and I don't even feel tall compared to some of my fellow countrymen.

Pretty funny tho... I thought all Northern European people share the same Germanic ancestry, so why are we the tallest nation?

Nutrition? The japanese are constantly reffered to as a "short" people, but due to variation in diet, younger generations are outgrowing their parents. Maybe that's it...?

I'm 6'2"

I scare people when they try to give me seven bucks in pennies <_<

I'm part irish/english/america/german... so pretty much i'm "american" altho supposedly way back one of my family was the Duke of Ireland.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Gazes upwards from her 149 cm. vantage point.

All you tall people, I have some lightbulbs that need changing.  :)

Oh thank God... I thought I was going to be the shortest person on here... :)

I'm 5' 3'' (you dirty metric people can figure it out in centimetres for yourself)... it's not very tall... and shelves are a menace to me... but I cope :)

The tallest person I know is 6' 7''... he's very tall ;)

Edited by Darth Launch

[color=gray][i]OO-TINI![/i][/color]

I'm 6'2"

I scare people when they try to give me seven bucks in pennies <_<

I'm part irish/english/america/german... so pretty much i'm "american" altho supposedly way back one of my family was the Duke of Ireland.

My German/Irish blood left me short, even though the males of the family are over 6'. <_<

2010spaceships.jpg

Hades was the life of the party. RIP You'll be missed.

Oh thank God... I thought I was going to be the shortest person on here...  :p

I'm 5' 3'' (you dirty metric people can figure it out in centimetres for yourself)... it's not very tall... and shelves are a menace to me... but I cope  :)

The tallest person I  know is 6' 7''... he's very tall :blink:

Should I have put down non-metric value? That'd be 4' 10.5". I remember calling about a used car once, and I asked about pedal and seat distance/height, and the guy said his wife was "really" short. She was 5' 4". I giggled.

The tallest person I personally know is my brother - he's close to 6' 5". But skinny as a rail. :) Maybe one of my hubby's co-workers was a bit taller, don't remember.

Edit: Nutrition may have to something to do with things, but genetics and selection probably have a larger role.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts